• 362 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6931 Players Online
  • 6569 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What gaming laptop do you use.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by LostShrimp13, Oct 3, 2021.

1. I thinking of moving away from using a controller for gaming and on to a gaming laptop. I would mainly use it for the Mineplex/pvp but also for other games. I want a laptop and not really a pc because of how much space the pc takes. I was wondering if ya'll could give me good input on a good laptop to use, base it off of performance and decently priced(also you can mention mice that are really good and keyboards because I would hook them up to the laptop). TY!!!

Also, feel free to ask questions to get more specific answers.

Posted Oct 3, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Oct 3, 2021
    aiirr and CatFan105 like this.
  2. Maybe a chromebook
    I like those because you can out them in high contrast mode

Posted Oct 3, 2021
  3. A chrome book would probably crash though cause they aren't meant for gaming. Trust me they lag out even on small game sites. That's what I use for the forums page though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 3, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  4. what is your budget

Posted Oct 3, 2021
  5. Around 1100

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 3, 2021
    CatFan105 and StyxKiller03 like this.
  6. Be on the lookout for the Lenovo Legion 5 RTX 2060 i7-10750H

They sell out quickly because it is a great laptop for this price range.

Posted Oct 3, 2021
  7. did you seriously just suggest a chromebook for minecraft
    no dude, you need to delete your forum account right now

Posted Oct 4, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and Ian923 like this.
  8. I haven't actuwlly played anything kn one before, I use a desktop for that
    How bout I don't

Posted Oct 4, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  9. Hey! I'm not super knowledgeable on laptops, like their specifications or anything like that. However, I've had the same MSI gaming laptop for at least 4 years now, and it has genuinely been the best laptop ever. It is pretty bulky and very heavy, but the quality and functions of the laptop itself are pretty good. I currently have the GT72VR 6RD Dominator-238. I use it mainly for gaming but for at least 3 years I also used it for school work and holding onto school documents. So, although that isn't what it is necessarily made for, it can be used for both school and gaming if needed.

I'm not sure if it is still being sold on the official MSI website, but I know there are new, or "newer" laptops being sold on separate websites. I personally did not buy mine on the official MSI website and I got it for $1,300.00, with the original selling price being somewhere around $1,500.00 or so. I know it is a bit over your budget, however, I would say it is 100% worth it. The website I bought it from actually provided a free MSI mouse, MSI backpack, as well as a few other things completely free, which was amazing.

I've been using the same mouse that they provided me and it has worked perfectly for me as well. The mouse I currently have is an MSI S12-0400C40-AA3 Gaming G Series Mouse. It is a USB wired mouse, which is kind of hit or miss for certain people. I personally don't mind, however, the mouse cord started to peel and rip after very little friction within the first few months of me having it, which is the biggest downside in my opinion.

I, unfortunately, fell into the Razer Keyboard craze and bought one in the Blackwidow series, not that I necessarily needed it but I prefer the keys on it over the ones on the laptop itself. I will say though that if you have bigger hands, the MSI laptop I have is definitely not for you. I wouldn't say I have big hands, but even for me, it is a bit uncomfortable and the Razer keyboard works better for me.

It took me a long time to find this laptop and I was debating between quite a few before I decided, but for someone who isn't super educated on laptops and stuff, I'd say I picked a fairly good one. I have played a multitude of different games on this laptop and they all run extremely smooth and clear, but right now I only ever play Overwatch or Minecraft. I wouldn't rush into buying something unless you're 100% positive that it is the one for you. Best of luck finding something that works for you!

Posted Oct 7, 2021
  10. Thank you for the information. I've been saving up for a while and then realized I never had any in mind.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 8, 2021
  11. i used to use a 400$ laptop but it was petty cheap, i would look for a gaming laptop on google thats probably closer to 700$ or more but NOT a MAC, doesnt mather if u buy a 2k$ mac minecraft will still lag like crazy, when my laptop broke cause playing minecaft will be hard on it if your a hard pvper key tapper, then i paid 1200 for my pc wich is what im staying with

Posted Oct 8, 2021
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  12. Thanks for the info.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 12, 2021