• 1436 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6055 Players Online
  • 4619 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What game type do you recommend for someone just getting into pvp on pc?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Cqrnqge, Feb 17, 2020.

1. I'm okay at pvp right now. Just every game I join I get completely destroyed right off the bat.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  2. I would personally start off with any of the various team games. Your teammate(s) will be able to provide you with assistance and you will be able to learn the ropes of PvP. I would also suggest playing Mixed Arcade because it has more casual gameplay while still teaching you aspects of PvP.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  3. okay. thanks

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 17, 2020
  4. Thread moved to server discussion
    I’d recommend Cakewars standard for someone getting into PvP. Cakewars is heavily PvP based, but since standard mode consists of 4 teams of 4, you’ll be able to have some breathing room since there’s 3 other people on your team.

Also, with cakewars, you have unlimited lives essentially, until your cake gets destroyed. So you’ll get the chance to engage in multiple fights to practice.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  5. Hey,

I agree with 510Bike - CakeWars is a good game for people just starting out in PvP to practise in, mainly because of the fact that you always respawn until your cake is destroyed. Additionally, there are many different ways that you can play CakeWars in terms of how you engage in a fight, so you won't get bored just pressing right click over and over again.

Some of the other gamemodes on the server aren't the best for someone just getting into PvP. For example, whilst SkyWars is a fun PvP gamemode, you're just as likely to die by a throwable (egg, snowball, dirt block etc) as you are to die by a player, which means it's not that great for practising PvP. Champions is also a tad difficult to learn how to PvP in, because of the extra abilities that the kits have that make combat unique in comparison to vanilla PvP.

Thanks,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  6. I recommend you to start by playing Micro battles or Cake Wars Duo because the chance that you will meet a good teammate in Duos is higher than in Squads. I checked this in many other Games and I understood that the lower the max amount of people in team the smarter teammates are. I think that this is because kids want some assistance so they usually tend to play in Squads. Another decision is to play with your friends since it is easier to contact with them!

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  7. Really not a game, but I would suggest something different from what the others have. I recently have started getting back into Mineplex and Minecraft in general, and I personally improved my pvp a bit in the gladiators pit in the lobby. It may not be effective for you, but I'll just put my suggestion in here.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  8. Hey!
    I'd give out SSM a try since it teaches you all the other main abilities used throughout Mineplex games while still having core PVP elements with kits such as wolf and spider. You also have 4 lives!

Other options that I stand completely behind are
    and the

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  9. If you're purely looking to improve at pvp, Cake Wars isn't an awful idea, and honestly, it might be wise to simply try a pvp based server as opposed to a minigame server like Mineplex. I'm not allowed to name any publicly unfortunately.

Can't say I agree. SSM is pretty heavily non vanilla and the pvp is wonky to boot.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  10. if you're looking to improve a lot, grinding out games like champions, cw, sg, and ssm could help you, but it'd be much more time effective and you'd get a lot better by playing a practice server. like fallen said, i can't name any bc mineplex is super fragile but you'll get a lot better very quickly in games in node and builduhc. fair warning though, you WILL get rolled for a long time until you start to become better, but keep in mind that it's the only way to improve and you'll be better than the majority of mineplex players in no time, since that seems to be your goal.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  11. Hey,
    For practising PVP better, I highly recommend a game where you have teams to support you and a respawning time, so you keep going on in the game without stopping. I suggest "Cake wars" for that, it'll help you to practise the basics of PVP, after you are used to the basics of PVP, then I mainly recommend that you move on to a higher level which is customized pvp games such as (SW, SG, SSM, Bridges, and Champions) these games in order to play them you need to be good at basic pvp. You could also try playing gladiators, it's hard to play it. However, it will help you get used to a newer version of PVP which is (Rod and sword pvp) that will help you a lot to improve since it's a solo game. The only problem in gladiators is either the wait time or the lack of players sometimes. It's still a good option too as you can play it anytime in the lobby.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  12. Hey! Like others have said I also agree with CakeWars. Recently, I've been playing with some of the people on the leaderboards and I'm slowly getting better. For example, earlier today I was playing CakeWars duos with someone and we managed to get over 10 wins.

If you don't like CakeWars I would then suggest something like the lobby gladiators. Also, if you don't like lobby gladiators you can always play nano games and you will eventually get gladiators or a game that involves some PvP.

Most importantly, don't stop trying. I use to be awful at PvP (and trust me I still am) but I'm not as bad now. I love PvP so I do it a lot. That's how I'm getting better and you can do the same. Yes, it may take a while but it will be worth it.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  13. I am NOT fallen

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  14. Heyo!

In my opinion, the game I used to get better at PvP was Skywars. Skywars is a player versus player game and it really teaches you how to face head on a player in a PvP situation. There's also super cool kits and it's not bad for xp either. You can also practising bridging too which is helpful for other games! Though, back to the important stuff, this game really gets you better at PvP as unlike Cake Wars, you don't have other players on your team to support you which really teaches you how to PvP on your own, unless you're playing Skywars Duos. Though, this is just the game I used to practice PvP. You can pick whatever game you want!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  15. fallen

Posted Feb 20, 2020
  16. Cakewars, Gladiators, Micro Battles, and maybe SG or Skywars
    ^ these are your best options on the server. DOM/CTF also has some potential, but in general you want a game that:
    a) Enables or forces you to fight a lot
    b) Is relatively close to Vanilla 1.8 combat
    c) Doesn't have things that can cover up your mistakes

That said though... the best answer really is that if you want to get better at PvP you should play other servers that are more specifically for it. If you want to get better at the 1.8 style of pvp, look at videos on things like w-tapping and play practice servers that offer Pot PvP, Gapple PvP, and/or UHC/Build UHC. If you want to get better at 1.9+ PvP for some god forsaken reason, look for servers with the Vanilla Legacy game, then go sit in a corner and re-think your life choices for a bit

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    Fall likes this.