• 262 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1247 Players Online
  • 985 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What forums do you like?

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Stormiiee, May 10, 2019.

?

What do you guys think about the new forums....Do you guys like the new one or old one better?

1. New forums

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. Old forums

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. I personally like the new one better.... I'm just now getting my account set up on the new forums I actually think this is a better updated forums. :)

Live your life...Just like a storm rains and thunders. -STORMIIEE

Posted May 10, 2019
  2. Do you mean Xenforo versus Enjin? I’ve never experience Enjin so I prefer Xen. However some players said that the new updates are like the old Enjin layout improved, so I’m not sure.

Posted May 10, 2019
  3. Heyoo!
    Honestly, I like the new forums more than the old one. I would be lying however if I said I didn't feel any nostalgia towards them though. There were aspects I liked on the old forums more, such as the overall function of "walls" and the notification system. I felt like they made the community more connected overall, but other than that, I think that the new forums are far better. I like the format, user friendly-ness, and the ability to customize them to Mineplex's liking. Overall, I would say that the new forums are better!

Posted May 10, 2019
  4. Hello!

I strongly prefer the new forums to the old ones! They're so much cleaner and let Mineplex add so many more features, like the Player Stats pages, and it seems generally smoother and well programmed. My only wish would be that Mineplex could have somehow salvaged the Enjin posts since I had a few threads I really liked, but it's a small cost for having such great forums!

Posted May 10, 2019
    Stormiiee likes this.
  5. Hello there,
    I honestl prefer the new forums. The old one was definitely a great website and I had gotten very used to it, however, the new one seems to act as a refreshment of sort and definitely delivers a sort of direction to where the server seems to be going. Although the old website stores a lot of memories I had in the past, I believe it's time for a fresh start here for the server and for me!

Posted May 10, 2019
    Stormiiee and xAirr like this.
  6. Hey o/

Although it took some getting used to, I think the new site is better fit for purpose as Mineplex can of course customise it to a greater extent than ever before. I do, however, definitely miss the memories of the threads that had been posted on the old forums over the years.

Hats off to everyone involved in the website development; looks absolutely stunning and very well made!

Posted May 10, 2019
    Stormiiee, Wanderer and Vocaloiid like this.
  7. The new one definitely, although there is a stricter management of walls and some issues here and there, I like this one a lot more than enjin.

Posted May 10, 2019
    Stormiiee and cerns like this.
  8. Hey!

Personally, I really like these forums, they are just very clean and appealing to the eye. Also has more features than the old forums.

Posted May 10, 2019
    Stormiiee likes this.
  9. Hello! Me personally I like Xenforo over Enjin. In my opinion everything about Xenforo is just well programmed and easy to understand. If you also had notifications set for other Enjin sites the notifications overall can be sloppy. However with Xen it’s the notifications just from this site which is nice. Overall this is much easier to learn and use compared for Enjin!

Posted May 10, 2019
    Stormiiee likes this.
  10. Hello!

Personally, I enjoy new forums more for its design as Enjin's design was so complicated and standard as most Enjin sites. XenForo opened a lot of possibilities to do for the site to make it the best as possible. There are many things which were impossible to do on Enjin like player's stats and leaderboards. Xenforo site is now fully controlled by Mineplex, not like Enjin which was like a community there, things like profiles were not controlled on Enjin. However, I still missed Enjin at some points due to profiles and notifications about each post of your friends.

Posted May 11, 2019
    Stormiiee likes this.
  11. After some website updates, I prefer Xenforo over Enjin now as they have added back somethings that were not here currently but were before the switch. Xenforo has a lot of things Enjin does not have. They are viewable in-game stats, groups, more precise players online count, recent activity, and forums birthdays.

Posted May 11, 2019
    Stormiiee likes this.
  12. I love the new forums (Xenforo) because it is easier and more comfortable than Enjin. I like the new styles they have which look more appealing to me! I know that sometimes, I had some difficulties in using Enjin last year. Like when the page did not load properly, it sometimes crashes on my phone or my computer. Although, I really missed Enjin because of the old forums site, and I really want to look back on my old forum posts too.

My final thoughts about the forums are that I prefer Xenforo more than Enjin.

Posted May 11, 2019
    Stormiiee and _Prof_ like this.
  13. Like several others on this thread, I definitely prefer Xenforo, our current forums platform! Not only is Xenforo easier to work with, but it allows our Developers to have much more creativity and options when developing the site. I've truly seen the extent of this website that WebGlitch and Wanderer have put into it, and it's crazy to see how far we have come from a simple Enjin site. It's far sleeker and modern, and it fits Mineplexs theme very nicely.

Before the profiles update, I definitely preferred Enjin for it's profiles. However, with the recent update to the profiles and the way we can view others, I'm overjoyed with the website and its features. I'm a huge fan of the style, the profiles, etc. It's all amazing and I appreciate both of our Web Developers hard work in making this website what it is today.

Posted May 11, 2019
    Stormiiee and CreepBro06 like this.
  14. Personally, I like the new forums better, but after a couple months of being on these forums, it's ironic that i'm still used to the old forums. But the design of these forums, are way cleaner in my opinion.

Posted May 14, 2019
    Stormiiee likes this.
  15. I absolutely love the new forums way better than Enjin. It looks so much better aesthetically and more appealing to players to get more of them to join the website. I also love the customizations we can do with the stuff that goes on behind-the-scenes within the staff, such as the use of macros instead of having to find a specific response and copy and paste them on applications, appeals, etc. It's more organized all around and easier to navigate. I think it took a while for a lot of people to adjust to Xenforo, but overall, everyone seems pretty happy with it at this point.

There are few features of Enjin though that I miss. I especially loved that you could see what all of your friends posted on their walls instead of having to go directly to their profile. I liked keeping up with what everyone was doing and posting about. I also liked that you could organize your friends list to appear a certain way on your profile. It's a small detail, but I really liked it for some reason.

Posted May 14, 2019
    Stormiiee and _Prof_ like this.
  16. Heyo! At first I really didn't like the new site but now that I've seen it it's way better. Enjin was slow and sluggish and often took a while to load things. I do miss favourite friends on Enjin though, maybe one day Xen might get it. As for features the new forums has way more than Enjin and can be developed more by the web developer unlike Enjin which had set features for every Enjin site.

Posted May 14, 2019
    Stormiiee likes this.