• 730 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9168 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What do you want to achieve for the new school year?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fske, Aug 19, 2019.

1. So I know a lot of people have started school already, or will start soon. Here is a question for both people:

What do you want to achieve for the new school year?

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  2. Heyo!

So to even start my new school year, well, I'd have to get the required grades at GCSE results day (which is in 3 days!) which are a 7 in Maths, 6 in Physics and 6 in English (as I am taking A-Level Maths, Physics and Design Technology, as I'm looking into Engineering at Uni), although I'd love to get higher grades.

Provided I secure those grades and start my sixth form education, I'd like to get a B or higher at AS, so I can start my A2 (that's the weird system we have here in the UK lol)

I start school on September 10th by the way (later than many of my friends :D)

Have a nice day, and I look forward to reading other replies!

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    fske, Dinnersaur_ and Xukuri like this.
  3. I'm trying to get straight A's in all my classes this year and pass the AP tests for AP calculus BC test and AP Biology test at the end of the year. Another thing I should point out is that I'm going to be taking the ACT this year. As a junior, I am hoping to score at least a 30 which is 3 points higher than what I scored last year as a sophomore. I'm hoping to get better homework skills as well, but I'll say that I'm not off to a good start. Getting on the forums after being out of the house for an hour after school ended is not a good use of my time.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    fske likes this.
  4. Just gonna say this straight right now, I'm not very good at mathematics. I know basic maths and all but when it comes down to Pythagora's Theorem and all of that annoying stuff that's where i really struggle so honestly i hope i'll atleast be able to pass Mathematics this school year.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    fske likes this.
  5. I'm more focused on the social aspect of school especially this year.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    fske likes this.
  6. The only thing I am excited for at the moment is sleeping. I am trying to have them add a sleeping club or class just so we can sleep in school and just have daycare all over again. So I am trying to achieve that, but other than that I am trying to pass High School is my number one goal.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    fske likes this.

7. I desire to accomplish my goals of human eradication. Long live the undead!!!

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    UwUBladings, Yato and fske like this.
  8. I want to get my extended diploma in Music, and then study popular music as a performing musician in University!

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    fske likes this.
  9. My main goal is to get straight A's all year, last year I got them in the last quarter, this time I would like them to be more consistent. I have been focusing on not falling behind and staying organized.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    fske likes this.
  10. not to dropout

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    fske likes this.
  11. I'm aiming for straight A's as per usual but my goal really depends on the difficulty of the class - if a class is extremely difficult I won't be disappointed if I don't get perfect grades. I haven't started school yet and won't until September 3rd so it's a guessing game, but I think aspiring for straight A's is the way to go.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    fske likes this.
  12. That is a very good goal! I actually have one very similar to yours. My goal for the upcoming school year is to finish with a 4.5 GPA. A simple goal, but yet it might get quite difficult as the year progresses.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 20, 2019
  13. I want to finish the construction of my home.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  14. Here are my goals in order from first priority to anything that is just extra but will still help from top to bottom:

-Get 90 averages in all terms
    -Qualify for the solo guitarist on my grade's jazz band
    -Try to run for student representative (I will get like 8 votes from friends and then that is it lol)
    -Make the hockey team (even though I am already in AA)
    -Make the soccer team

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  15. Last year(my first year of highschool) was a bit of a surprise. Don't get me wrong I still got all A's and B's but I had to work overtime to get there. So far this year I am doing a lot better and I feel like it is because I am getting used to life in Highschool. I think this year I can get all A's. Also, I am a bit chubby and my mom says I should try sport but I'd rather not do that(unless it's fencing, I'd like to try fencing)

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  16. Well, I didn't do the best in 9th and 10th grade.

So now I am becoming a Junior in a few days, and I hope to do really well. Is a last chance to do my best, and I hope to do the best I possibly can.

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    TheMooseBean and rexh17 like this.
  17. Good luck my friend

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Idut likes this.
  18. Hiya,

Next year, I hope to improve my grades from last year. My grades were okay and really good in some areas, I would love to improve in my not so good subjects. I also want to get a better grade in Computer Science and Maths as I would like to become a game developer in the future!

Have an awesome day!

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  19. Hello,

This year I hope to improve my grades. My grades were good last year but you can always improve! Particularly Geometry & Chemistry.

Best Regards,
    TheMooseBean

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  20. Hey!

Obviously, one of my main goals is to improve my grades this year. Last year, my grades were decent, but there was certainly room for improvement. I'm aiming to get an 80% average, this will certainly be quite a task, but in the end, it will be worth it! I also aim to start studying for my exams earlier. I did really well on my exams, but I slept for a total of about 15 hours that entire week, so definitely not ideal. I plan to start studying at least a month before my exams so I can sleep during exam week and hopefully be even more prepared than I was this year!

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.