• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What do you think the limit on members in a Clan should be?

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Adrianna, Apr 9, 2019.

Tags:
?

Just wondering, what do you think the limit on members in a Clan should be? Why?

This poll will close on Apr 23, 2019 at 2:49 PM.
  1. 10

31.7%
  2. 10 - 13

7.3%
  3. 15

19.5%
  4. 20

26.8%
  5. Less than 10

14.6%
  1. Adrianna

Adrianna

Recently I had some players asking about the size of clans now, it's set to 20 members. Do you think it should be changed? If so, why? Genuinely curious.

Posted Apr 9, 2019
    Archertect likes this.
  2. BigMadre

BigMadre

I think it should stay as 20 people. I have an explination in my head but can’t word it. Any who it should stay the same.

Posted Apr 9, 2019
    Adrianna likes this.
  3. Xion

Xion

I feel like this is very opinion based.

I personally have been in many types of clans, I lead a 17 person clan known as Legacies, and joined many duos and trios. I have fought many large power clans, and the last time I fought a 20 man clan (with ALL members online) it was against Wajimbe in Season 2.

20 man clans are very overpowered, but they are also rare and hard to manage. I could barely manage a 17 man clan, and I had very good players and another Leader to help me out. When I say manage, I mean like make sure people don't split off alone, take all your things and leave, argue with one another, become toxic, start cheating (this is clan so this stuff isn't uncommon). 20 man clans can take control of servers pretty easily, especially since they also have access to allying at least two other clans. But there also comes the fact that not all 20 man clans have all of their members on at the exact same time. That would be insane.

If you were to lower it down to say 10, then it could make the clan stronger too because the Leader has less people to worry about and can manage the clan more easily. But it can also create problems because many power clans have more than 10 people, and splitting the clan up into two groups will be really hard to do. The people in the other clan would feel sad because they aren't in the main clan, and could potentially leave because they feel unwanted. Or you could have a clan in perfect harmony that splits up into two even groups without any disagreements. If you can do that, I envy you.

Many veteran players have come together and created large clans that take over servers with ease. 20 players was never really reached, the most I've seen was 17 and that was literally my own clan. My season six roster has 19, which is insane. Lots of people beg to join my clan, so capping it at 13 would make me feel better about telling people no :>

If 20 were lowered to 15 it would not really make much of a difference, because thats what most clans are at right now. I think it should be lowered to 13 with access to only 1 ally would be great, but thats just an opinion.
    Power clans don't always have every member on but they can still dominate with 7 or 8 players. It really just depends on how you fight power clans, and how they play. If you remember Citadel in S3, they had a lot of people but other clans found out how to pick off their members and gain war points easily.

TL;DR
    Lowering the members won't be enough to stop power clans, it could break some apart, but it really all just depends on how you play.

This of course, is just my opinion. Have a great day!

Posted Apr 9, 2019
    Border likes this.
  4. No Sleep

No Sleep

Lol this is one of the most biased polls I've ever seen

Made by a senior staff member?

Is it purposefully a joke?

Posted Apr 9, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 9, 2019
  5. Border

Border

I personally believe that the limit on members in a clan should be capped at 10. I have many reasons for this. One because I have seen people just dominate the server with about 15-20 players in a clan leaving no competition or chance for the smaller Clans. I have been in some small and big Clans too, so I know how it feels like. Also, Lowering the player count wouldn't help much besides take an alliance out if the clan decides to make a V2. Either way, I still believe it should be lowered to 10 members in a clan. I am not saying it is impossible to take down a big clan as a small clan because the other day 2 of my friends and I raided KozmeticYT, who have about like 15 plus members in their clan. Sure, there are many Clans with a lot of members in their clan who don't know how to play strategic, but there sure are other Clans who do know. For example, Kombat and Rawr. Even if it doesn't help, I still think it should be lowered.

Posted Apr 9, 2019
    Adrianna and Xion like this.
  6. ProMaster_

ProMaster_

I personally think it should be capped around 10-15. There is no clans that uses all 20 slots anymore besides filling your clan full of alts or having inactive members. Its rare to see clans get over 12 players online in a single time. However back in alpha and beta, that was regular to see a 20 man clan on. Times changed and the player count did too. Clans sizes should be reduced.

Posted Apr 9, 2019
    Fall, Adrianna and Xion like this.
  7. Adrianna

Adrianna

I agree, almost every season I've played my clan has hit 20. So it's not really about not having enough people, but more so those 20 man clans vs smaller clans. It was brought up today and everyone seemed fairly divided on their opinion. I personally think 20 is fine, since my clans tend to be over this and we end up having people switch out. But at the same time, I understand why people get frustrated with such huge clans controlling servers.

My only solution to this would be separate servers with member caps, kinda like duos or solos and quads etc.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2019
    Border and Xion like this.
  8. Veans

Veans

I'm personally indifferent towards the matter and don't care much, however I can provide some other type of information which may be helpful. Here's an old poll from the Clans Community Discord if it proves any use to you here;

[​IMG]

76-15 in favor of decreasing Clan size to 13-15 members if the img doesn't work

Posted Apr 9, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  9. PhoenixHacks

PhoenixHacks

Hey,
    In my opinion, I think that given the decrease in clans players overall it would make sense to lower the amount of players in each clan. It would prevent so called "gank clans" with 20 members from ruling servers and it would also help solos, duos, and trios become a more viable option. In addition, nowadays in my personal experience recruiting is more difficult with less players to choose from. I remember in Season 1 until Season 4 my clan was almost always full, but nowadays we are struggling to hit 10 members. Now this may just be my clan but at the end of the day, with only 160 (maximum) people at peak times on clans and most of those people concentrated on 1 server, it doesn't make sense to have a handful of clans making up 90% of the mineplex clans playerbase at any given moment.

I think that between 10 and 15 would be the sweet spot for clan size going forwards. Any less than 10 and I think it would be tough to keep groups together. Have a good day/night!

~PhoenixHacks

Disclaimer: This isn't me complaining or hating on anything, if something I said came off that way I apologize!

Posted Apr 9, 2019
    Adrianna likes this.
  10. AbDabTheFab

AbDabTheFab

I have the same feeling here bro, it just needs to stay the same. It just feels right you know xD

Posted Apr 12, 2019
    Adrianna likes this.
  11. CoalQuarry

CoalQuarry

Possibly keep some servers running with 20 member max's and then have other servers with maybe a 10 player max to see which is more popular.

Posted Apr 12, 2019
    Adrianna likes this.
  12. Fall

Fall

Truthfully, I think we should have a few servers. One with a 5 cap, one with a 10 cap, and one with a 20. It would be interesting to see how people play at those different levels, and hopefully we'd get some more competition at the different levels, with larger clans getting to fight other large clans and small clans getting to compete with a bunch of small clans. HCF servers sometimes have a few different size caps across different servers, and I think that provided some refreshing changes for the HCF community because 5 man factions is different from 10 mans, and clans get split up so you get to play with different people against people you might usually be fighting with, and vice versa.

Posted Apr 12, 2019
    Apposed | Alfredo and Adrianna like this.
  13. kznny

kznny

so hcf

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 3:19 PM
  14. Fall

Fall

HCF just stands for Hardcore Factions and has less to do with the number of players playing than how the game is structured, but like I said, yes, we should be taking some pointers from the HCF servers, as some of those servers were run quite well.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 10:44 PM
  15. AbDabTheFab

AbDabTheFab

'quite well' is an understatement lmfao

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 6:48 AM
  16. Fall

Fall

HCF has certainly had some issues, more than a couple of which were with people running those servers, but we're not even at the level of HCF servers in terms of the positive things for Clans.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 2:13 PM
  17. jonahbro

jonahbro

My apologies for the late response on this post. So, as someone who personally prefers to play in a smaller clan, I have no problem with larger clans. Especially when smaller clans are allocated more allies, while obviously larger clans are handicapped. With this policy, no matter what size of clan you have, as you become more established your clan becomes more powerful, assuming you take advantage of your available claims and allies.
    However, I would like to see new content implemented that favors smaller clans, considering a small clan at any of the current events-- both raids and bosses-- can easily be outdone by a larger clan with the same skill level.

Regarding the earlier suggestion for 5,10,20, sized servers, I recently thought about this, but I don't think it would resolve the issue of "power distribution" as a single clan or handful of clans (of the best players) will still be able to dominate the server, regardless of the cap on clan size. That's not to say I wouldn't like to see it tried out, perhaps mid-season when player counts start to dip, it might be beneficial to add a few servers with new clans size caps, to both attract players back, and test out the new feature.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 7:42 PM
  18. Vraz

Vraz

For me, 20 players are fine because 5 man clans are already hard to manage so 20 man clans will be even difficult. However, organized 20 man clans can easily dominate the server but it's rare to see those clans these days.

Posted Apr 18, 2019 at 12:12 AM
  19. JonocraftFTW

JonocraftFTW

me when i saw this thread:
    [​IMG]

Posted Apr 18, 2019 at 12:14 AM
  20. Apposed | Alfredo

Apposed | Alfredo

I believe that every server should have a different member cap for clans. For example, a more popular server such as Clans-1 could have a 20 Member cap. Another server, such as Clans-2, could have a 10 member cap. Other servers could have specifically determined player caps, maybe by popularity. That way, clan leaders could choose the Clans server with the desired player cap that would best fit their clan.

Posted Apr 18, 2019 at 7:33 PM