• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12502 Players Online
  • 9612 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What do you main and why?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by PewDiePizza, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Hello people

So I've mained squid for a year and a half now, and there's actually a lot of backstory that goes into it. So basically, it started with blaze. I bought blaze when I was younger because someone told me it was the best kit and I believed them. I also thought it was cool how it could shoot fire. But shortly after I started using it, I took a break for 2 years. When I came back, I decided to pick up SSM again and continue using blaze, which lasted for another year. I soon noticed that people got mad at me for using it, but I ignored them at first. But I got targeted and harassed all the time, so I decided that I was sick of blaze. I wanted to be something else. I didn't want to be something that everyone hated and I didn't want to ruin the game in any way. So in a quick decision, I settled on squid because I thought it was pretty balanced and I rarely saw anyone complain about it. Also I thought it would be unique, I didn't want to be something like a creeper or a skeleton, which I see in every other game.

So am I happy that I switched? Yes, squid is great and I honestly like it better than blaze. I got about 2k wins with it so far. Even though the gameplay is more fulfilling than blaze, the playstyle is pretty basic so I'm trying to spice my matches up by using some alts every now and then :p

Posted Jun 20, 2020
  2. Hello there!

I recently returned to Mineplex after a few year break, and I became obsessed with SSM. When I first joined the server, I had never played SSM! As I’ve played it a lot recently, I’ve been experimenting with the extensive kit choices, and I currently play with the chicken kit. Since I’m a new SSM player, the chicken kit is excellent for new players as you can easy avoid death by flying. I’ve actually won a few games with this kit, although I’ve found it’s slightly frowned upon. Another kit I’ve had fun playing with, but not frequently using it is the wither skeleton. I feel as if the wither skeleton is one I can easily get kills with, but I don’t have as much fun as the chicken kit. Would anyone have any suggestions for a kit for a newer player? Thank you!

Warm wishes,
    BrookMarieXO

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    Polar8 and PewDiePizza like this.
  3. Well, recently I've grown fond of the Skeleton Horse. It used to be the blaze but I'm horrible at using it so I started looking for better kits to main. It was temporarily the chicken but it wasn't that good, it's better for literally running away than fighting; at least for me.

I was disgustingly bad at using the Skeleton Horse at first, I never timed the bone kick right and the bone rush sometimes sent me flying into the void. I got the hang of it though and I actually think it's a very handy kit if you get the timing right, plus its regeneration isn't too bad. I'm not the most active SSM player and I usually just play with friends, but when I do I use the skeleton horse. I don't have major critics considering it's now the only kit I feel like I can use properly and control. Plus I've got timing relatively down for the bone kick, and thanks to the knockback it gives, if I'm low I'm able to run away and heal up.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    PewDiePizza and BrookMarieXO like this.
  4. Hey,

I currently main Spider, and have for the majority of my time playing Mineplex. I use Spider because I love the mobility, you can run away quite easily, and catch up to people even easier. It's a semi-easy kit to use for someone inexperienced, like myself, and I think it has a lot to offer for being a free kit. The downside of this kit is that I really don't find much use out of the smash crystal. The web really doesn't do me much good if I accidentally place it at the wrong time and they don't even spawn inside of it.

However, with that point aside, I love using Spider when I play Team SSM with my friend who mains Endermen. Its a really good balance, having someone with range and having someone who can move around quickly and do damage up close.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  5. I currently main Cow, due to the decent armor and damage of abilities that can hit players multiple times. I like how you can use angry herd to block most projectiles and milk spiral to block large knockback from bone kick.

Only issue with this kit is fighting kits that are airborne most of the time like some slimes and magmas use abilities to stay in the air including triple jumping with high vertical knockback where angry herd becomes less effective and you have to aim milk spiral properly with 8 second cooldown. Another issue is that milk spiral has a "damage cooldown" period because of a nerf a while ago, meaning that the ability can pass through players without dealing damage to them.

Other than that milk spiral can go through blocks and damage hiders. Sometimes players fall in between 2 angry herd cows that do 10 damage, double the normal 5 damage.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  6. I main guardian for it's high skill expression, it's ability to shutdown ranged classes that try to run and spam, as well as being a great duelist that can win pretty much every 1v1 assuming you are more skilled then them.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  7. zombie, enderman and spider
    I main zombie because who doesn't love killing a player with 2 shots
    I main enderman because it is good against campers/runners and is generally good
    I main spider because it is great for melee and is mobile

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    Mitchy and PewDiePizza like this.
  8. Cow because it's good.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  9. I kinda prefer to main 2 kits: Skeleton and Wither Skeleton.
    Skeleton I like the range it has, while also being able to play aggressively. Pretty neat for getting some combos as well.
    Wither Skeleton, I like because of stats, and being able to somewhat use wither image in my close combat fights. Plus it's fun to just mess around with wither skull.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  10. Honestly, since I'm really bad at the game (only amassed a few wins, the rest are by people who I used to share my account with), when I do play it I always pick blaze. It's useful because I'm very clumsy and fall into the void very often in any game that has it, so at least blaze is very difficult to be thrown into it. I'd honestly play the game more, but the amount of time needed to explore it and become decent isn't something I've been willing to sacrifice.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  11. Hey!
    I have just started playing ssm recently and I've come to really enjoy it! For the past few weeks I have been trying to find the kit I like the best so every game I played, I tried to use a different kit. I personally found that I really like the chicken kit as of right now. I think that this kit is the easiest for me to use because of "fly" feature since I'm so new to the game. I can basically high jump as much as I want for a long time, it also comes in handy when you get knocked off and can jump right back to land. The only disadvantage to this kit in my opinon would be the lack of armour. I really wish this kit had more leather/chainmail armour then just one piece because this can play a huge factor in dying. However, the "fly" feature makes it easier not to die as well so I do think its balanced even though I'd rather more armour.

As of right now, I usually will main the chicken kit, however I do also really love the wither kit and its features. I definitely do switch between the two kits but the chicken is usually the most helpful to me because I am not the best pvper and not well experienced with the game itself yet! I also really loved reading through everyone's posts to see the different features to these other kits I haven't tried yet! :)

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  12. I'm not good at SSM by any means and I rarely play it, but when I do I usually choose Squid like yourself. It's the kit that I've grown most familiar with the abilities of, so I feel most comfortable using it. The Super Squid ability is super useful for evading tricky situations or can be a life saver if you're like me and sometimes fall into the void. Similarly the Fish Flurry ability is really useful and can inflict damage without you actually getting close, which suits my playstyle better.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  13. I would suggest cow, blaze, or slime. All three are pretty easy to get he hang of, plus cow and slime have great attacks, while blaze has a great recovery if you fall into the void a lot.

I've only played a few games with horse. I expected it to be really easy because I see horse players absolutely destroy people, but the thing is that they've used it for like thousands of games. I have the same issues you had before, so horse is really uncomfortable for me to play with, haha

Spider is a top tier kit and I'm sure that if you did spend more time playing it, then you would be an SSM god. For me, spider's a little hard to use and I can't ain the web attack, but then again, I've only used it like twice.

Cow is one of my alts, and while I win a decent amount of games with it, it's still overwhelming for me to fight 2v1rs or withers. Or like you mentioned, fighting flying/jumping kits is annoying.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 20, 2020
    Jxliee likes this.
  14. Almost every guardian player I see is pretty good, makes we wish that I'd spend more time learning how to use it.

All of these kits have high skill caps and they're arguably the best kits in the game. I used to main enderman before I used blaze, wasn't very good at it. I've recently tried to relearn it just in case there's an annoying camper.

I agree

Based off of your name, this makes sense. While I have only used wither llike once, I prefer the regular skeleton because of the combos.

I still think that blaze is a pretty good kit, especially for players that don't have a lot of experience.

I also think that chicken's armor should be buffed, it would probably stop them from running away all the time. It's the weakest kit in the game right now, but if you can learn how to aim chicken missile then it's pretty good.

Some cool features from other kits is super squid, it's a recovery move that allows you to fly through enemies without taking damage, target laser on guardian increases the damage that they deal, bouncy bacon heals the pig when it bounces off of a player, and enderman has this long-range teleportation thing which is different from it's normal recovery. These are some pretty unique abilities which are interesting to me.

I greatly appreciate the fish flurry. I used to think it was a worthless attack because no one could ever be stupid enough to go in it, right? Wrong. That attack has saved my life so many times, it's crazy. Also, like you said, super squid is a lifesaver as well.

Srry for these 2 long comments guys, I'm trying to reply to everyone c:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 20, 2020
    Dallarth likes this.
  15. Ive mained every kit at one point, but my most common choices today are zombie and golem depending on the matchup. Zombie is very good in pubs for being able to keep back melee and ranged kits while also dealing lots of damage. The main downside though is that many players in pubs tend to get very angry and I dont blame them. Golem is good against the melee reliant kits such as wolf and wither skeleton.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
  16. I main zombie because historically, skeleton was the only kit I could use to literally any effect at all. Before I took a long break in 2016, I just bow spammed with that kit and my melee was atrocious. When I came back last year, I found that I couldn't beat people with skeleton anymore and just used whatever for a few months. I noticed that zombie was regarded as a very strong kit and thought that I could use my experience with a bow kit to try zombie. So far, it has been an exceptional kit to use. I like how it has a very high skill ceiling, meaning that I can easily make great strides in improving how I play the kit as time goes on. Landing arrows, especially the ones paired with grasp, is so rewarding and zombie has a great balance between range and melee.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
  17. I don't play SSM too often. However, when I do I usually use the skeleton horse. I can sometimes get people into the void with bone kick, and bone rush is an easy way to run when low on health while still dealing damage to the enemy. I have also tried to use witch because the potions do deal a ton of damage but I feel the witch is a weaker kit.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  18. Skelengton

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  19. I main Spider because it is free,it allows you to run away quickly,you can get kills with it fast the skill ceilling is very high. Its good in solo and teams I definitively recommend this class if you have not tried it already.

Posted Jun 20, 2020
    PewDiePizza and AGentleAura like this.
  20. The 2 main kits I play right now are Endermen and Skeleton.

I like Endermen just because of how fun and strong it is at both melee and range. Landing fast block combos feels so satisfying and does tons of damage. Additionally, blinking behind people to start another combo chain is another great way to mix things up - the variety of playstyles Endy has is just great.

I started playing Skeleton after @TheStudentUnion showed me how to start pulling off similar combos with the bow like Endermen and block toss. Skeleton is just another one of those kits where you're rewarded heavily for trying to make daring and interesting plays which is nice because it encourages spicey plays that can mix things up.

Posted Jun 20, 2020