• 4208 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13503 Players Online
  • 9295 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What do you like to listen to while you play?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Loofii, Mar 23, 2020.

1. What sort of music do you enjoy listening to while you play? (Or while you're just chillin') Being as most of us are now seeing a lot less people on the daily due to coronacation, a lot of people are looking for some new music to check out-- including me!

I'm a big fan of bands like COIN, flor, and Bad Suns, however I've also been listening to songs like Say So recently, and a few musical theater pieces.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  2. My all-time favorite band is Imagine Dragons. Their music is very motivational and inspiring, often getting me to do things I wouldn’t normally do, or pushing myself to the limit. Whenever I’m listening to music of my choice, Imagine Dragons will be the first songs I listen to. I often find myself improving on certain things when listening to Imagine Dragons, it seems to boost my efficiency on things. Apart from that, the consistency of the music helps me through a long day.

When I’ve finished the long playlist of Imagine Dragons, I’ll resort to Fallout Boy as my next go to band. Their music boots my confidence extremely and soothes my nerves much like Imagine Dragons does. I additionally listen to Fallout Boy as a change of music, altering from Imagine Dragons. I’ll frequently find myself switching between the two, as both tend to brighten up my mood.

Some additional artists I listen to are: Post Malone, Marshmello, and Blacklite District. All of these tend to mess with my emotions immensely, wether good or bad. Usually I find myself listening to their music on specific occasions. They tend to be either uprising or emotional, which I often try to choose what best fits my mood, thus they progress for me. Mostly though, they help me strive through my struggles and improve on my strengths.

In the end, they are all immensely entertaining to listen to and I highly suggest trying them out. Neat thread! I definitely enjoyed replying to this and I look forward to reading the other replies.​

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  3. Hey!

Usually when I play I listen to a Hip Hop or Rap playlist because that is my favorite type of music, more of Rap though. I don't really have a specific band or person I like to listen to, I'll listen to anyone besides a few that I don't like because it just isn't my type of Hip Hop/Rap. But yeah, Rap is what I mostly listen to since that is my type of music though I do listen to Hip Hop every once in a while.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    Munchyoy likes this.
  4. I'm with ItsFree. I love to listen to rap as it makes me feel really engaged in the game, and makes me feel like I'm better than I am. ;P I'll literally listen to any rap, unless it's just one of the few songs that I strongly dislike.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    ItsFree likes this.
  5. I was just about to make a thread on what peoples favorite music is, I probably still will! When I'm just hanging out with some friends I like to listen to some more down beat and chill rap music to get in the mood and just have a good time. But when we're pvping on servers and competing I like listening to up beat rap as it gets us all in the mood and just lets us all have a good time.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    ItsFree likes this.
  6. I’ve always loved Imagine Dragons. I’ve just found something soothing in their music. I happen to enjoy it a lot, and I know the lyrics to almost every one of their songs. I’ve enjoyed their music ever since I was young. I think they’re a great band, and their songs are incredible! Their music is inspirational as well, and inspires me everyday. I have a few personal favorites when it comes to their songs, but I love every one of them equally!
    Besides Imagine Dragons, I do listen to the occasional Fall Out Boy. I think their music is inspiring as well, and has always held a place in my heart. Their music is very enjoyable to listen to, and I find thrill out of listening to it. Although I don’t know many of their songs, I do love a few personal favorites.
    Other than that, I have been known to listen to Blacklite District and a few other bands and singers. Including Marshmello, Post Malone, Panic! At the Disco, and a few others.
    Well, that concludes my list! It’s been fun sharing my thoughts!

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    xGetRektedx and Dacked like this.
  7. Post Malone, Drake, Roddy Rich, Juice WRLD, The weekend, Blackbear.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  8. I mainly listen to calming sounds such as ASMR. Yes, it is weird, but I helps me focus in games and keep me cool when I get a little mad. But, I also love turning my headphones onto full blast and listening to XXXTentacion, Lil Peep, Juice Wrld, Jake Hill, or NF. I love listening to these different kinds of sounds and music because they all do something a little different for me, and put me in certain states of mind.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    ChrissyTheFish likes this.
  9. Hey,

I don't actually listen to music whilst I play. Instead, I tend to listen to audiobooks or sometimes I watch videos in a smaller tab to the side of my Minecraft screen. Currently, I've been listening to the Spook's Apprentice books whilst I play. They're free on youtube and despite being for a slightly younger audience than myself (I'm 18), I'm enjoying them.

Thanks,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  10. Honestly, I just listen to "My Mix" playlist on YouTube. All sorts of things come up and it's usually full of songs that I enjoy. Also, I can't even log onto Mineplex without listening to some type of music. It just doesn't feel right if I don't. But, I listen to pretty much anything I can find.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    xOeuf and Zomaholic like this.
  11. B3N

B3N

I like pop music so I’ll probably listen to that but if I’m not feeling pop music, I’ll just listen to my brother screaming in his room.

:sigils::sigils_down:

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  12. Posted Mar 26, 2020
  13. I don't listen to music much but if I do I use a custom song list on youtube, otherwise I listen to youtubers like Birdman or Jamari for commentary.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  14. When playing Mineplex I usually listen to my local Top 40 radio station. I like listening to the radio because it has some unpredictability and helps me choose what I listen to when I'm indecisive. Sometimes I will listen to the Minecraft music because it is soothing and calm.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  15. Hello! Before logging on to play, I usually start off with my R&B playlist. The playlist consists of a few of my favorite R&B/Pop-R&B arts like Khalid, H.E.R, The Weeknd, and many few other artists. Throughout listening to the playlist, I usually skip a good bit of songs and replay a few others multiple times.

After about 30 minutes or so of listening to R&B songs, I switch a few of my Rap & HipHop playlists. The playlist also has a little bit of pop in it to change everything up every once in a while. It consists of people like Roddy Rich, Drake, Lil Moosey, J. Cole, and a few others. ​

Posted Mar 26, 2020