• 4157 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13792 Players Online
  • 9635 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What do you do on a daily basis during this Pandemic?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dacked, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Hey everyone,

Due to this global pandemic that we have going on I was wondering what every does on a daily basis at home with nothing to do. What I do is kind of boring, but it does help me pass the time as I'm trapped in my house.

First I wake up around 11:00-12:00, after I go downstairs and eat a healthy breakfast so I can stay in shape for my sports. After breakfast I usually go back upstairs and play some minecraft with whatever friends are online. Once I get bored of minecraft I will either do some pushups and crunches, or I will watch youtube on my phone. After about 3 hours of that I go eat lunch with my family, currently my family consists of my dad, my sister, and myself (currently at dads house, moms fine). After lunch I will do some reading, or some online math. That is my least favorite part of my day, doing school work while I'm on spring break. After I do some work I will do a few more rounds of crunches and pushups. After working out a bit more I hop back on minecraft and play until dinner time. After dinner I talk with my family and spend some time with them. After talking with my family I go back upstairs into my room say goodnight and then play some more minecraft with whatever friends are on. Throughout the day I will take breaks to play with my dog, and I constantly check the forums throughout the day.

That is my daily routine as I am trapped in my house, feel free to share what you do on a daily basis!
    Have a good day!

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  2. I basically just watch shows and movies on my iPad and play Minecraft & GTA to be fair. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    Dacked likes this.
  3. Heyo!

I'm lucky to say that I have some hobbies to keep me busy that I used to do at home anyways, before this pandemic. Throughout my day, some common things I do are read, work on my book (I'm writing a book), and play videogames of course, like Minecraft/doing staff duties here on Mineplex, along with games like Overwatch, Rocket League and Rainbow Six Siege. I still go on runs outside because where I am, we are allowed to exit our house, just not meet up with other people, so I go on runs around the neighborhood, and something more new is my family has started going on daily walks, in order to get that daily dose of sunshine, as it's supposed to help combat COVID-19, if you didn't know. My family has also been having lots of movie nights here at home, as well as game nights.

Although yes, it is terrible what has happened to families and I am sorry for all the hardships we are all going through, this has really given my family the chance to spend a lot of bonding time together and has really been a learning experience for me. I don't know where the future will bring us with this pandemic, but I believe we can all push through this, so hang in there my man!

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    Dacked and xGetRektedx like this.
  4. Well, what I do on a daily basis would be sleeping in until 2 pm, playing Mineplex for the remainder of the day, cook when I get bored, have no friends to play with on Mineplex, and then go back to sleep at 7 am.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    Dacked likes this.
  5. I was actually about to start a thread with this exact topic but it looks like you beat me to it ;)

First, I've been doing my best to maintain a normal sleeping schedule but I have still been rising to the occasion and allowing myself to sleep in a bit! I have been setting my alarm for like 9:30-10, depends how late I stayed on Discord the night before xD The max I allow myself is 10 though. Once I get up, I make myself a coffee and catch up on any messages I've received from my mentees and other staff. Once that's done, I take a few hours to do some school work, only one of my classes does live online lectures, the other profs are posting their notes so I just have to copy them and that's it. If it's a nice day, I'll usually go for a walk too, usually for around 40 minutes to an hour. My neighbourhood has a few parks and trails surrounding it so I can go on those. Once all that is over, it's around dinner time and I hang out with my mom since my sister works at a hospital screening people for COVID-19. Then after dinner, I'll help my mom with the dishes and we like to watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy like we're 85 xD. At 8, I then go to my basement so I can have my personal space and once I'm down there, I'll watch some Friends on Netflix (sorry Americans, Canadian Netflix still has it) and then head on Discord with friends and staff and play games usually. Then I go to bed.

Living in Canada, it's hard taking advantage of the outdoors seeing as I hate snow and we still have it. It's melting though!

[​IMG]

Once it's all gone, then I can be more active outdoors and start biking and whatnot. I'm interested in reading what everyone else's new normal looks like!

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  6. When I'm not working from home, I will usually go for a run or go play single tennis with a buddy of mine. I find tennis a really good sport to play while social distancing and still getting the exercise in. I've also seen this "30 day music challenge" which encourages people to listen to different music and broaden their musical horizons. May have to try that too!

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    xGetRektedx and Dacked like this.
  7. Honestly, most of what I do is just head online and spend my day there. When school kicks back up I'll spend a few hours a day in Zoom, and then... it'll be more of the same. I do like to head downstairs and socialize with my family and get some exercise in daily, and since I am the youngest in my household and thus have the best immune system, I try to be the one to run necessary errands (with my sister who is two years older than me coming along as well).

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    Dacked likes this.
  8. Normally, my days are actually pretty boring. I wake up pretty late into the day and start it off by finishing all of the schoolwork I have for that day. Then, I usually go outside for a bit and bike around in my backyard, going over the jumps and other features I’ve made. When I’m finish with that, I come inside and play minecraft for a while! It’s been quite fun and has allowed me to chill out a lot

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    xGetRektedx and Dacked like this.
  9. Sorry to beat you to it! It has been something I was thinking about for a while as well. Thank you for sharing what you do!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 25, 2020
    Look_Dan likes this.
  10. Almost everything is closed here including ski resorts, not going to stop me from going snowmobiling. One of the benefits in living in a rural area. I also still have to go to work.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  11. I have to say, I would rather return to reality. Yes, there is school, but at least we are not trapped in, because it gets boring eventually.

On a daily basis during the pandemic, I am going outdoors much less often, especially after one of my close friends contracted the virus. Obviously all of my extra-curricular activities are all cancelled due to this disease. Entertainment wise, I am quite fortunate because video games, reading, YouTube, and guitar is all done indoors. Additionally, I can still exercise or practice hockey in the basement. I am interested in hearing how COVID-19 has affected everyone else's lifestyles!

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.