• 286 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2865 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What do I do if falsely muted?

Discussion in 'Help' started by mab8400, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What do I do if falsely muted?

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  2. Posted Aug 13, 2019
  3. Posted Aug 13, 2019
    jxcb and coopjc like this.
  4. I cannot appeal since ive already tried, it was denied because my mute is not over 30 days. What do I do?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 13, 2019
  5. You can PM the staff member who rejected your appeal with evidence to why it was false. The duration doesn't matter if the punishment is false. All this information is displayed in the appeal guide at https://www.mineplex.com/appeal-guide/

Posted Aug 13, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 13, 2019
  6. How am I suppose to give evidence If I am not recording 100% of time time? Moreover, I am not seeing any evidence that I should have been muted. Staff keeping avoiding the fact that I am questioning my mute. Its for 5 days, and I have gotten multiple mutes that were extremely biased and not accurate. In fact, I was muted a few days ago for saying "Ew F" which literally makes 0 sense whatsoever. It is odd that we are allowed to use "wtf" but not F? Wtf has a very obvious meaning, and practically 90% of the server uses it. I would love an explanation if possible.

OP OP
  7. Okay,

So as stated above, you should appeal at https://www.mineplex.com/appeals. Since this isn't helping your situation exactly, I would say doing /ph and actually finding out what got you muted to begin with. Most staff do not mute for "Ew F" which is very puzzling, leading me to believe that there was something else that has been said. Also, the evidence doesn't always require recording. Taking simple screenshots of what was said and done can still be considered viable evidence. As stated above, PMing the Staff Member who supposedly falsely accused you on the forums seems like a very good option, since they'll break down the situation with and for you. I'm not saying corrupt staff doesn't exist, but we won't truly know who was in the wrong until proper action is taken.

I hope I helped you in some way, if not then I'm deeply sorry, and if you were in fact falsely muted I hope you get unmuted.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  8. I looked at /ph, and it just says filter bypass, no actual evidence. I tried to get an alt to contact staff, but there werent any staff on for around 2 hours, so I gave up.

OP OP
  9. so it says "filter bypass - "ew F"", yes? if it doesn't give a quote then "Ew F" is not the reason you were muted. if it says anything with "fr" or "report #" then it wont show a quote either.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Saker likes this.
  10. Ew F was a previous mute. This one I have currently is simply not specified, I have no clue what I said. The ew F mute says "ew F no" because I replied to a player who said something. So the staff member mistakenly thought I had said "ew f no" which STILL doesn't seem like a bypass, because 90% of the server says "wtf" half of the time they play, including myself.

OP OP
  11. "wtf" is an acronym which they simply cannot mute for; same with "lmao". it could stand for anything, really.

as well; could you please tell me the exact thing it says on the mute or i'd recommend just waiting it out.

it'd be easiest you contact the forum ninja who denied your report, as well. maybe they could give you some insight? (not much, since they cannot)

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  12. F also has an indefinite meaning. So I am unsure what the point is here. The EXACT thing in my 5 day mute (currently) is NOT specified. It does not say what I specifically said for a mute. I pm'ed the one who denied my appeal, no response thus far.

OP OP
  13. again, I need what it says, does it say “fr” “report #”, anything, please?

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  14. #2725818 Severity 2 Bypass Chat Filter

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2019
  15. That means you were reported via /report. If you have already appealed this and it was denied that means it was not a false mute since the Forum Ninja would look into the punishment to see what you said / bypassed. You'll just have to wait out the punishment since it's a correct mute, if you want I'm sure a Forum Ninja could inform you on what you said.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    EwMikey likes this.
  16. Hey there!

If your punishment has a report number or ID (Report #123456) it came from a /report, like mentioned. For future reference, if you are warned or muted from a report, you are free to ask any mod+ staff member on the staff list or the forum ninja who processed your appeal what you said that broke the rules. Since you linked your minecraft character, I will shoot you a private message right after this with further information to provide some clarity. If you have any other questions, you can message me there or create another help thread.

(Thread Locked - Moved to PM / Concern Addressed)

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    EwMikey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.