• 1187 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9625 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by andrewtam6, Aug 21, 2019.

Tags:
?

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2019.
  1. Chicken

34.9%
  2. Egg

48.8%
  3. None >:(

16.3%
  1. I personally think the chicken as the egg needs to be fertilized by a chicken.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  2. I'm going to go with none because it hurts my brain to try and think! Honestly, I have no clue :)

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    andrewtam6 and Thunderbelly like this.
  3. Chicken xd.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    andrewtam6 likes this.
  4. I feel that a Chicken is required to have an egg because an egg is a result of reproduction to populate the world with chickens. When you think about it there are two views on this subject that you could take based on your beliefs, you can take evolution to be true or you can take the religious idea of creation. Both would support the idea that a chicken is required before an egg, I'll first start by presenting the argument for evolution, the idea works is organisms slowly evolve therefor to start lying chicken eggs something would have to evolve into an organism that we recognize as a chicken before it would even be possible for the eggs to be laid. Therefore from an evolution standpoint, the chicken did come first. Now if we look at this from a Creation idea aspect, God brought all animals to Adam to have them named and therefor if the animals had to come to Adam to be named they had to be able to move. That is my argument, the chicken came first.

Thank you for your time, Thunderbelly.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    rexh17 and andrewtam6 like this.
  5. It's said that chickens evolved from theropods, which is a kind of dinosaur. Evolution takes time and their DNAs gradually change, so theoretically eggs are considered to be first.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    SleepyMode, ItzSkat3r and andrewtam6 like this.
  6. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chickens can spawn without eggs
    chickens can spawn eggs
    eggs require chickens to exist

chickens must spawn before eggs can be laid
    chickens came first

checkmate

References

Minecraft Wiki. (2019) Chicken. Retrieved from https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Chicken

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  7. Smh smal you’re still wrong. You have to pick the Chicken kit first, and then right click your sword to spawn in a barrage of eggs.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    andrewtam6 and Yato like this.
  8. i still see the chicken coming first in this scenario

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Thunderbelly, leo_thya and andrewtam6 like this.
  9. This is a saying that has yet to have been agreed upon.
    I would argue that the egg came first. The first egg probably wasn't laid by a chicken, but what emerges would be a chicken. Since chickens emerge from eggs, something that did not emerge from an egg cannot be called a chicken. As drawn above, the egg came first. This is due to the fact that the creature we call a chicken, could not have come before an egg because what we call chickens only originate from eggs.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    ItzSkat3r and andrewtam6 like this.
  10. Egg

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    ItzSkat3r, andrewtam6 and Yato like this.
  11. If you look at the Minecraft ID of each, an egg has an ID of 344 while a chicken spawn egg has an ID of 383:93. In this case, the egg would come before the chicken.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  12. If you think about this scientifically then the egg would have came first. Of course, the egg could have been laid by a different species, and over many generations of that species slowly changing, there were finally eggs laid that contained the chickens of today. The process of evolution is great.

Ok that was a really bad explanation sorry

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  13. If you look way back on the line of chicken descendants, one eggs hatched what we see as a chicken. The parents of that chicken were not chickens, but their child was.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  14. I’m pretty sure the chicken came first. Like some people said above, the chicken needs to have the egg in order for there to be more chickens. If the egg came first then where did it come from? Though I have read some people’s explanation on how the egg was first and it does make sense. Everyone has different opinions on this topic. But that is mine.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Thunderbelly, andrewtam6 and Yato like this.
  15. The chicken needs to be born from a egg but the egg comes from a chicken.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    Yato and andrewtam6 like this.
  16. not necessarily, what we claim to be chicken comes from eggs. So what laid the first egg may not have been chicken.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    RedditCredit and andrewtam6 like this.
  17. Is the egg the egg laid by the first chicken or the thing that contains the first chicken?

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    andrewtam6 likes this.
  18. If you want to be smart about it, obviously the egg came first as chickens aren’t the only one that lays eggs. And there are definitely species that laid eggs way before chickens existed.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    ItzSkat3r and andrewtam6 like this.
  19. What do you think it is then a turtle from mars or something?

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    andrewtam6 likes this.
  20. when you spawn into a minecraft world is it occupied with eggs everywhere or chickens?!

chickens lol

same applies to real life. when all things were made the chicken was made first so the egg can be made.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
    andrewtam6 likes this.