• 1385 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7521 Players Online
  • 6136 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What Clans Needs To Get Going Again

Discussion in 'Clans' started by TheBanana, Apr 7, 2020.

?

Which idea is your favorite?

1. Auction House

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Jackpots

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I want to see all of these ideas in game

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  5. Auction House + Pets

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. Pets + Jackpots

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Auction House + Jackpots

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. None of these changes should be in game

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. To start off, I want to say that Mineplex is one of the greatest Minecraft servers of all time. I remember the days I would spend hours upon hours playing different mini games like survival games, turf wars, and all of the Champions games. I remember when I first heard about clans, I thought it would just be another Factions type game. I didn't really care about it. However, once the BETA season came around, I finally gave it a shot, and I fell in love with the game. As time went on, I played for hours with my friends, every day. I couldn't wait to just get home and play Clans. But around the time of Season 3/4, I began to lose interest in the game. So much had continued to remain unchanged, like the map glitch, the failed attempt of returning illusion, and the server lag. My friends I had made through Clans started to leave slowly but surely, soon leading to my exit. I always came back every few months just to see how my favorite game was doing, reminiscing on the good times. But a few days ago, that all changed. I came back ready to play and have fun again. I've always had ideas for ways to better the game, but I was young and didn't think too much about them. Now, as a wiser person returning to his favorite game, I want to share my views on how I believe we can better the Clans game as a whole. I want to start off small, so I'll share my first big idea, and see how feedback is.

Auction House: Introducing a brand new Clans Economy.
    Clans has always differed from factions in many ways, but some ways are interesting on the factions side. Auction houses are amazing on many servers because it helps create a stable economy that can benefit all players. Through an auction house, a player puts items up for sale in which they place a price that they deem worth of said item. A player will pay this fee in the form of gold, in return, receiving the item they wanted. Items can be but are not limited to: runes, basic armor sets, runed armor sets, mounts, legendary weapons, runed/normal weapons. I surveyed some people on the idea, and out of all the people who took the time to answer me back, I got a 100% response of yes. Though, this was just Clans-8, many expressed they would like this idea and what it could bring to the community. But wait, there is more.

Jackpots: A new purchasable item that will allow you to roll a random in-game item.
    Jackpots will be an item that can be found within a Supply Drop crate that is purchasable off of the Mineplex stores. These jackpot loot boxes will have items such as rare weapons/armor, legendary weapons, and much more. Once you have obtained the jackpot loot box, you will roll it in a slots menu, and an item will randomly be selected as items roll down the menu. Whatever item it lands on in the menu, you now have in game. Legendary items players will have a slim chance to get, however, a chance is a chance. Trying your luck can't hurt!

Pets: A helpful companion to remain by your side in battle.
    Pets are spawnable creatures that give buffs or debuffs and that you get from the Clans events. Once you have the pet token, you will right click to activate the pet. For example, you kill the Iron Wizard and it drops a Wolf pet. To use the Wolf pet, you would have to have the token on you at all times. The Wolf pet would give you Strength I for 5 seconds after every third hit, on a cooldown of 15 seconds. The pets can be killed however, and you must wait 1 minute before respawning a fallen pet. If you are in combat, you can not spawn in a pet until you are out of combat. If you are killed with a pet token on you, just like legends or rares, you will drop the token and you will lose the pet. Pets would be harder to get than rares, but easier to get than legends. The Wolf pet is just one example of the mobs that could be used as pets, like possibly cat pets give you speed, slime pets give a jump boost, or a mooshrom pet that gives regeneration. Some pets will give you buffs, others will give enemies debuffs. Many more pets would be possible and can prove as interesting additions.

I really want Clans to see it's old player count, as it is still an interesting game with so much potential remaining. To have my ideas even recognized and considered would be enough to make me happy, but I really would love to see any of these ideas added into upcoming seasons. Season 7 is right around the corner, so I don't know how fast any of these ideas can be implemented, but if they were to be implemented at any time, I'm sure it would bring a much new feel that Clans truly needs. We as players want the game we fell in love with, but we would love to see some interesting new additions. I want to thank everyone who told me to write this forum post, as I considered not making it due to the feeling no one would really care. However, after a myriad of pushes in this direction, I budged. I hope to hear how you all feel about these changes, as I'm sure some are interested while others don't want these ideas to see the light of day. Have a great one all!

-TheBanana

Posted Apr 7, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 8, 2020
    F1ish, kznny, awetizum and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hello, I just wanted to stop by and say that I agree with all your points. I also played clans awhile back in late season 1 through 3, and then I came back every few months to check on how the server was doing. I miss how clans used to be, and I believe with some new additions it can be brought back to that state. I think you gave some really good ideas on how to do so, the auction house feature seems great. Also, clans staff can you please fix the lag? It has been constant ever since I started playing and maybe even before that.

Posted Apr 7, 2020
  3. I agree two but i must ask what is your favorite idea out of all of them?

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  4. I've got to say, my favorite idea is the auction house, the idea with the most potential is the pets, but I really want to see all of these implemented :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 8, 2020
  5. I like the auction house, to be honest with you. Apparently dev time is the issue.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  6. I always thought Dev time was the issue, and that Mineplex needed more Developers. Maybe these changes wouldn't immediately be implemented, but just over time.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 8, 2020
    kznny likes this.
  7. I think pets should be implemented first, it's more custom content that would make clans (somewhat) different from other factions servers. the auction house could be a good addition, but it kinda goes against clan's high-risk-high-reward style of trading. The jackpot boxes shouldn't be added, we don't need gambling in clans, the supply drops are sketchy enough.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  8. A combination of skyblock and the pit. I just wanna see /trade to clans to regulate scamming.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  9. With all due respect, I'm not a fan of any of these ideas. They aren't inherently bad, but they certainly move away from Clans' unique identity since, as you noted, a lot of these ideas stem from the derivative Factions game mode.

You mention wanting to see Mineplex's player count increase to what it used to be, and I completely agree that that would be excellent. However, the solution to Mineplex's dwindling player count (which, let's be honest, is still very healthy with thousands of unique daily players) isn't to lean into incredibly derivative games with a ubiquitous presence in the Minecraft Multiplayer community; on the contrary, the solution is for Mineplex to continue leaning into its uniqueness. A strong identity is what brought Mineplex's player count to soaring heights years ago and I'm confident that it has the potential to do it again.

As for promoting Clans itself, however, perhaps a better place to start would be hosting more community events and adjusting the spawn rates for in-game events and rare/legendary item drops. I'm not saying that radical ideas won't help Clans, but they should continue to be original.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  10. I understand your points, and they are completely valid. Apart of the Clans charm was the differences it had as a game. However, it wouldn't be fair to say that the player count is coming back. Mineplex Clans needs something big, and yeah I agree to an extent that these changes are factions like, but I've never seen pets done before. Auction houses aren't even just in factions gamemodes either. Development time is the real issue here, and these changes are some pretty big ones that would require a lot of dev time, so I honestly wouldn't mind smaller changes in the meantime, such as increased events and drop rates.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2020
  11. I really like the idea of an Auction House. I feel it would help create a flow of goods through rich and poor clans. The idea of Pets I find very intriguing and I feel it is worth exploring. The only thing I feel I dislike is the ability to buy the "Jackpot" crates. However, I understand that Mineplex does have Developers, Leaders, and Admins to pay so the monetization isn't too bad.

-jacky421

Posted Apr 11, 2020
  12. How about instead trying to add new stuff to the game, they fix the bugs. Also, bringing new stuff to the game isn't going to make more people play it. It might make more people quit, but the only way that you're going to be able to revive this game is if they update their anti-cheat and do an unban all. I got banned for hacking around 30 days ago because why not. I mean mineplex's Gwen is dog and everyone else cheats. So what's the point of playing legit if all it does is make me want to smash my head into a wall. I know people who have stopped playing this game because of the number of hackers and come back to it every once in a while just to be disappointed again.

TL:DR
    Mineplex needs to fix bugs, make their anti-cheat better, and do an unban all, or else this game won't come back alive.

Posted Apr 14, 2020
  13. One thing that I'd love to see on clans is an auction house, right now the only way to obtain legends and rares is through killing people or bosses, opening an auction house would allow for them to be more easily obtained. Along with the auction house I think it would be cool if you could trade and not just use coins to buy something for ex, you open a regular trade menu and trade say a scepter for a broad sword etc, it would solve a lot of problems like scamming for example however I think it would have to be codded carefully to stop exploits.

Posted Apr 15, 2020
  14. A lot of these ideas remind me of older Prison game modes that were really big a few years back, and I think that at least the Auction House could provide some value in clans. It’s entirely dependent on how much risk should be involved in trading items in Clans, and I’m not sure if the philosophy has budged at all there. It’s certainy interesting, and I’d probably say worth looking into, but it would seem to change the long-standing philosophy of the game that nobody can be trusted.

Posted Apr 18, 2020