• 3394 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11832 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What are your thoughts on the queue system for games like DOM and CTF?

Discussion in 'Champions' started by Press1ToLick, Jan 17, 2019.

?

title says it

1. hecc yeah love it

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. no pls go bacc

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. mixed

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. I wont voice my opinion.

Is this healthy for the game?
    Can we expect to see new players?
    Are there lower wait times?

Just curious to what other players think.

Posted Jan 17, 2019
  2. Hiya,

I will try my best to answer all of your questions, so I will follow them in order:
    I guess you could apply this question to almost every game on the server. So far, I have not seen any negatives of the new queueing system, other than the posts and comments about interactions before games and just having a physical lobby. I used to consistently play champions and clans, although I have not been in that specific part of the community as much as I was a year ago. The class system is not really an issue at the moment, as you can select the class in lobbies (it may be a bit difficult/different than before) and in-game. The new butch system doesn't actually affect gameplay, although it does change how the games actually start and who you are competing with. If there was a specific question that you would like me to answer, then please respond letting me know, as I am happy to share my opinions!
    Since this topic is specifically on the new queuing system, I don't think it would affect how many people want to play it, unless they are new to the server. I believe most people will stay with their designated games, as I have said before, the new system does not actually affect the gameplay. I personally like switching up my games, due to my switching interests in games. I think only time can tell if players will join due to the new system. I believe champions have so much potential, I am coming from the standpoint on my previous self a year ago. It was one of the games I loved to play every day, although I slowly started migrating to the skywars, survival games, and cake wars platform. I would love to see the future updates for champions/clans.
    While playing a bit earlier, I noticed that the wait times different based upon the game. For example, skywars took a bit longer to get into the game, while champions were almost instant. I am not specifically sure about the mechanics of butch, but I do know that it puts everyone into a game when it is ready instantly. Whereas before, the servers players could have been separated between two or even three servers. This prolonged the wait times, which was not fun for anyone.

Those are honestly all the viewpoints I can see upon inspection of champions/clans. Personally, I believe it has many more benefits than disadvantages. I would love to see a clans moderator or frequent champions players thoughts on this new update. Hopefully, some other people will share their current thoughts on how butch will affect the champions community.

If you have any further questions/concerns feel free to PM me whenever!
    Have a great day! :)

Posted Jan 17, 2019
  3. Hey thanks for the reply!

I'm hoping that my initial opinion of the new system will change as time goes on. I'm not a fan of it for a number of reasons. There have been quite a few things that have stood out to me instantly and I'm really confused from a development standpoint on what's going on.

Somewhat recently the feature to choose a map was implemented and although I can't speak for everyone, I do believe that this had a great impact on the game. This new system basically tossed that out the window and we are now unable to vote on maps. On top of this you are unable to choose/build your class prior to the game meaning that players have to spend time creating a class during the actual match instead of helping their team. For a competitive game where every player matters you can see why this is a bit of a problem. Adding to this you can't choose you team (red/blue) anymore, a feature that has been in the game from as long as I can remember.

I had a personal theory of how this would impact game balance as well. I've played about 15 games so far and have noticed that the round will start before the lobby is full. This is fine for most games however in a team based game like champions it comes with a very very negative impact. Uneven player counts are present at the start of the game now. Inst ally one team is at a disadvantage if the lobby happens to have an odd number of players. This motivates the team with less players to leave and join a new lobby in hopes of having a match that isn't fundamentally stacked against them. The remaining players get beat down in a potentially a 5v3 or 5v2. Not very fun at all.

Some other weird things that are unrelated to queue system.
    - You can no longer right click webs (a bit of an exploit that few players knew about) which is great for the game!
    - The scoreboard no longer shows which points are being captured. I already miss this feature
    - The /kill command was removed. My only question is why? This was so handy lol
    - A new exploit with changing classes
    - Perm invis bug is back. I've seen it happen with assassin so far but i'm not sure what causes it. My guess is illusion. Hopefully this will be hard to replicate.

All this being said some positive things! I enjoy the lower wait times. On average it much easier to find a lobby however my test size of this is admittedly quite low. As you said, once you are in the game only a few seconds will pass before the round starts. I enjoy being able to sit back in the hub and let the system do all the work for me. Finally it's nice to see an update, good or bad. We haven't had one in a while and I am optimistic for how it will turn out.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well it looks like they just pushed out an update to bring back the champions lobby. I'm happy now xd

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 21, 2019
    xSebbie likes this.