• 1804 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3888 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What are your future job aspirations?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Look_Dan, Sep 28, 2019.

1. --- Post updated ---
    My future job aspiration is definetly an actor but I would like to be a triple threat( singing, dancing and acting)

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  2. Hey!

When I was little, I was not sure of what I wanted to be or do when I grew up. People of course would ask me this all the time, and I would have no answer for them. When I entered high school, I decided to take a computer science class. I really liked this class, and found I was pretty good at it. Since then, I've taken more computer science classes and have developed a love for the subject and have aspirations of pursuing this career.

On the other hand, I've been involved with music since 6th grade when I started playing an instrument in band. I've been in band for 6 years and it's truly been one of the best experiences of my life and I love every second of it. Although it would be more of a passion, the job opportunities do not meet my standards to further pursue it more than a hobby in later years. So, there have been multiple things I have wanted to do, but as of now only one has reigned superior.

Thanks!

Posted Oct 6, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  3. Hey!

All throughout high school, I never truly got to figure out what I wanted to do in terms of a career. Certain teachers that I had for a few of my classes always seemed to pressure me and other students on the fact that we need to have a solid idea for what we want to major in when college comes around. This stressed me out and it made my thought process track itself down a little bit because of what they had to say to me. Then the day of graduation, it hit me. I wanted to help people. I'm a great communicator and I believed that with that talent, I could choose a lot of different pathways for myself when it came down to picking my major. At first, I thought of International Relations but it just became way too stressful for me. Then I shifted my train of thought a bit and applied to be apart of my university's Pre-Med program which is very difficult to get into no matter where you go. I was accepted which really shocked me and after my first semester, I truly fell in love with the human body and how it functions on a day to day basis. Now, we're getting into the point where we get to talk about the "deep stuff", the details of it all. We have been talking about the different types of diseases that a human being might encounter if x,y, or z happens and I became very intrigued.

From these courses, I have decided that my goal is to become an international nurse. I love traveling the world and I want to be able to help people every step of the way, in every location possible. Just a few days ago, I just got accepted for a job as an EMT and I start training in the next week or so and I have never been so excited.

It all takes time when it comes to figuring out what you really want to do in life but, it's worth it. Keep your head up and don't let anyone drag you away from your set goals.

<3

Posted Oct 8, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  4. My dream job would be to become a video game developer so I could create my own games or help work on other big games for people to play and enjoy. Unfortunately I don't know how realistic or possible this would be since I've never studied development so we're talking purely hypothetical here. It's really interesting to see other people's aspirations and dream jobs, interesting thread idea!

Posted Oct 8, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  5. I've been involved in Music since the sixth grade. I'm currently a senior involved in Band and Choir. I sing in an all mens choir (which is godly awesome). Additionally, I've also had aspirations to teach at a secondary level. My thoughts then turned into, why not do both? Thus, I've thought about becoming a History Teacher (to get my certificate) then moving to become a Music Teacher.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  6. Since middle school, I've been jumping back and forth between different career options. Most of them have been in either science or math, but I've changed my mind so many times that I honestly don't even know what to do with myself at this point. But I've recently been leaning towards the social sciences because of the influence of my dad. He is a management professor at a university and he a Ph.D specializing in organizational behavior and other degrees in social science and political science. So he talks to me about these philosophies a lot and I actually find it really interesting, especially the political science. I don't know if I'll still be interested later, but I'm only in my junior year of HS right now so I have a while left to decide c:

Posted Oct 13, 2019
    Look_Dan and _Prof_ like this.
  7. As of now there are a couple of things I want to do.

The first job that I'm interested in becoming is a surgeon. I actually picked this idea up from my sister who is also interested in that as a future job.

The second job I'm considering is something in law enforcement. I mainly got this idea from watching television shows on the topic (yeah ik ik). Also seems like a cool alternative to working in an office all day.

The third job I'm interested in is anything that has to do with animals. I have always had a passion for animals because of my uncle who is a vet.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  8. They’ve been a few posts about this matter and it’s amazing to see what people hope to achieve and what they’re future goals are. Personally in the future I’d love to become a Police Officer or a Technician. Still can’t really decide on which job to choose because they’re both pretty dangerous if something goes wrong. I don’t really want a boring office job and would prefer to do a job that I enjoy and that doesn’t make me really bored.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  9. Hey! This is a great question and I loved reading all the other people above me saying their future goals. Mine is pretty simple I want to become a software engineer or an architect. I have had interest in this field for a while now. I just think working on coding is fun and even though I'm not the best at it I would still love to do it for a living. I hopefully through this want to work for my favorite company Apple.

I wouldn't mind being an architect either due to some skills I have. My art teacher has told me that art students usually go into either the art field or the architecture field, and since I have no interest in art major why not architecture. I also like seeing the work they do and it's really interesting to me. I would love to make building plans and look at future buildings and be like "wow I designed that". Awesome question and I'm glad I could answer it.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  10. In the future, I would love to be a session musician! For those of you who aren't aware, a session musician is a musician on demand that is called to do small jobs in the music industry. This varies from things such as covering in for a missing band member for a gig when called upon last second, doing some studio work for bands, hosting workshops, teaching instrumental practice and generally being with a band, touring, travelling and exploring new places!

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Korben2005 and Look_Dan like this.
  11. A politician

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  12. I'm not very old yet but from what I have looked at I think my dream job would be psychology or becoming a math matition. I want to major in nero science as I have always been fascinated by the brain. I'm hoping to get a scholarship for academics and I want to go to Washington university and get my masters. After that I hope to go into private practice

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  13. Hey
    I am going to become a doctor and own work on my dad’s clinic. It might take many years to become a great doctor but, for me it’s 100% worth it because I have great grades and one of my main goals! (Never give up with your goals always active them)

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  14. I have had such a great time reading all the incredible responses (especially @_H2O's response at working at Disney World) has been super cool to read. As for me, I have always loved politics but I never want to be a politician. Instead, I have been increasingly interested in crisis communications in the political realm. I have always been interested in scandals and how to deal with them and something in communications or public relations I think could be a really cool gig in the future!

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  15. I am a Sophomore in college studying Wind Energy and Turbine Technology. This summer I already stepped into my future career for an internship. We built a wind farm of 82 wind turbines. I chose this career not because its "Helping the planet" (cuz its really not lol) but because I like climbing the towers and feeling the air on top of the towers and also it pays a lot. so if anyone is looking for a career path, I made 12.2k dollars in 2 and a half months as an intern. Its a high in demand job so everyone is pretty much guaranteed work too.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  16. I am a first year medical school student :P So when I graduate I'm becoming an M.D. In terms of what medical speciality, I'm thinking psychiatry, internal medicine, emergency medicine or dermatology.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Look_Dan and _Prof_ like this.
  17. Heya Ryan!

What I really want to do in the future is something to do with biochemistry, I want to try and cure diseases and issues in the world with science, and explore the links between the two as I am extremely passionate in both subjects!

I hope that I can go to a decent university after good GCSE then good A level results, and this will hopefully allow me to go for the job and do something special with science! A really nice thread and a good idea, it was interesting to read about what everyone here wants to do!​

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.