• 337 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4193 Players Online
  • 3856 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What are the top strategies for getting on the Leaderboards?

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by ThinkTankMC, Jan 14, 2021.

1. In my last thread, I essentially explained my worry with the skill gap, which sort of caused the game to belong to the better-skilled players and not to everyone. What are the strategies that the leaderboard player use that we could use as a community to get better?

Posted Jan 14, 2021
  2. 2 ways

You can play the game, getting experience and improve your skills, which is the most common way.

Alternatively, you can abuse broken kits or game mechanics earning wins that way.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Paladise and mathuu like this.
  3. Adding onto this response, just play a game that you are best at, and study all aspects of the game. You need to learn who plays the game, some tips and tricks for yourself, kits, rewards, etc.

Basically just study the game you enjoy the most.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  4. Hey!

To be quite frank, the best way to get good at something is to keep practicing and to try something new. You should try out all the different kits that are offered on Survival Games, and just see what kit fits your style. Because the majority of the player base uses fishing rods when pvping, learning how to use the fishing rod when in combat will beneficially increase your chances by getting into the leaderboards even more.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Posted Jan 16, 2021
  5. Hello hello!

Personally, the easier way I find it to get on the leaderboards is to play with friends. If you have a solid squad of 3 to 4 people, not only can you grind wins but you also have wayyy more fun then if you play alone.

Ultimately, just keep playing! Your wins can only go up, so as long as you keep doing it you'll move up and if you're persistent enough, you'll make it to the top 100! Best of luck, I hope this helped!

Posted Jan 16, 2021
  6. Hello!

Many people answered here a pretty obvious tip: The more you play, the better you'll get. But if you want some practical tips, I'll list them here:

1. Use Knight, Barbarian or Axeman. These are the bests kits to grind. Knight is the easiest one to use, but if you learn how to use Axeman, you will start getting better stats (and people will start hating you for using that kit lol). However, if you like a lot other kit, it's still possible to have good results with it. Use the kit you like the most, but you have to understand which ones are the better kits.
    *note: If you are playing SG Teams, the only viable kit is Barbarian.

2. Learn chests routes, and locate enchantment tables. To have a better game sense, try to learn how to get into a enchantment table from spawn. See if your chest route is at north, south, east or west. A bow with Power I does tons of damage, you should try focusing on getting stacked. It's very likely you will have bad gear if you don't know where are you going.

3. Identify the good players. You will notice you are fighting players that you already fought before. Some of these players are very good, you should try to avoid them or target them depending on the situation.

4. Don't fight everyone, and don't always start killing people at spawn. This is a very common mistake that many people make. Once the game starts, everyone gets speed and 10 extra hearts for a couple of seconds. If you hit someone, you will lose your extra hearts and your speed. This can result in you dying very early in the game. Also before fighting, watch out for people trying to clean your fight, you should use f5 a lot.

5. Don't chase to death. Sometime it could be very tempting to chase someone, but if you don't have good gear you will lose a lot of time, it's better to let that guy live and loot chests, if you are better than him, you will kill him later. In some cases is worth, but it's most likely not.

6. Learn SG pvp basics. Learn how to use your fishing rod, it's very important. Also try to strafe when you are fighting.

Posted Jan 17, 2021
    AaronIGN likes this.
  7. Hello!

Your question I've actually thought to myself many times actually because the goal in most games is to win or get better. When it comes to games, specifically SG there are many ways to become "Good at a game." In SG I feel like the most important things to get good at is:
    1. Looting
    2. Utilizing kits the best way they can be used
    3. Learning how to rod and to rod well
    4. Game sense (knowing when to fight, when to clean, when to go in, etc as well as knowing map knowledge such as where the crafting tables/enchant tables are)

Saying all of this can seem like a lot but one thing that helps the most which I've seen people already talk about is practice. The best way to get better at the game and to improve game sense is through playing the game because it creates muscle memory which also helps with other things such as rodding, kits, and looting. There are plenty of youtube videos that can help you learn and how to improve rodding when it comes to pvp but that's definitely not the only thing you need to be good at when it comes to pvp, strafing, and cps also play a factor. I just think personally that rodding is extremely important especially playing against top players. But to get to my last point when it comes to going for leaderboards in games I feel as though the best way is to find a game you really enjoy than just keep playing it and your wins will just pile up. Most games have very high wins for the leaderboard players since most games have been out for a very long time but if you grind hard enough you'll be able to do it. Anyways I hope that this post helped a bit :)

Posted Jan 22, 2021