• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9815 Players Online
  • 6925 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What are the rules

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by LordOfTeeth, Jul 11, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Very recently (10 minutes ago) I wrote a quite long post about how Mineplex has violated the EULA and how staff have been acting funny about it. I'd gotten some comments on them (all critical) and responded to them all. My post was then deleted. No warning points were given. No reason was given. No staff members messaged me about this. My post (which I worked quite hard on mind you) was erased for no discernible reason. I'd love to know:
    1. Who removed my post
    2. Why
    While this post might constitute a lock for "reverse staff action", I don't think it does, as staff didn't remove the post.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  2. The only way your thread was removed was if it was a FM, FN, or Admin+. I'd message a forum mod/forum ninja on why your post was removed. Most likely was that they did not feel it was suitable for public view, but of course, there could be other reasons that are listed below. Please see if your post meets any of these criterias- I wouldn't know as I did not read the thread in time.

• The OP has deleted the original post.
    • The OP or staff member has requested a thread lock.
    • The thread has been necro-posted on.
    • The question/concern has been addressed.
    • The OP breaks major forums rules; archive if OP is banned from that thread or if the thread is not fit for public viewing.
    • The thread has turned into a flamewar.
    • The thread contains hate on staff/community member/Mineplex written in a way that is not constructive or in a positive manner.
    • Threads that are about "I quit" or "I'm leaving".
    • Threads that are directly attacking or criticising staff including but not limited to calling staff corrupt.
    • Threads which are not titled appropriately (click-bait).
    • Threads which are in violation of the forums guidelines.
    • Threads containing topics that have been brought up and discussed repeatedly.
    • Any other threads that the forums staff deemed unnecessary or unfit for public viewing.
    • Threads that do not encourage (constructive, healthy) discussion within the community (as determined by the Forum Moderation team).

Posted Jul 11, 2020
  3. Meaning Mineplex staff decided that the public shouldn't know about how Mineplex staff have been acting oddly about violations of the EULA?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  4. Yea so uh speaking as a former FM, I got a feeling they wouldn't just delete for no reason and I remember seeing your post and skimming through it... I can't remember if I saw any rule breaking content but if you did brake rules as you said you would've got points and a PM on the site for it...

I haven't really seen this happen before but my best guess would be that this wasn't done by an FM (don't think they'd be given the permission and when I was FM I never saw it) - so I'd guess FN/admin, but who knows.

I'd say submit a ticket over at https://mineplex.com/support or DM an FN > I doubt they're tryna cover up something but it's a good idea to ask and see what's up

But yea the post did look quite detailed. strange.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    zlxr (Suspici0us) likes this.
  5. I'd like to say the same but that's what I'm going with here. Brian (seemingly the lead guy on EULA things) dodged questions, ignored evidence, and blocked me for asking questions. Other staff members just repeat what leadership tells them, regardless of evidence. Mineplex violates guidelines clearly that they claim to follow. And when this is brought to the attention of the community the post is deleted.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  6. My best advice at the moment is to write a support ticket or DM the forums admin, LT are pretty busy with stuff usually. Or you can PM a Forum Ninja, they might know why or be able to escalate it a bit

Anyway I’m not here to pass judgement on it as I didn’t read your full post nor do I know the reason it was removed

Anyway have a good night!

Posted Jul 11, 2020
  7. The should at least be messaging you the reason for deleting the post...in fact they’re required to. Like others suggested, I recommend submitting a ticket. It would not be a good look for the FM team to discretely remove your post without reason or try to cover anything up in general.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    LordOfTeeth likes this.
  8. I'd like to say it was not at the fault of the FM team. Not a single person from FM/FN removed said post. I highly recommend messaging the forum's admin to get more clarity or a reason as to why it was removed as they can hopefully resolve your issue. You (OP) have already messaged me and I have told you this in DMs too. I'll lock this as it doesn't need to be further discussed and you have been pointed in the correct direction to get your concern addressed fully.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    SomeRqndomName and PROSTONE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.