• 2961 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11454 Players Online
  • 8493 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What are some things you think the Devs should focus on?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Skelebone247, Mar 21, 2020.

Tags:
?

What is something you think the Devs should work on?

1. Improving Anti-Cheat

52.1%
  2. Creating more games

35.2%
  3. Updating game modes (feel free to comment a specific game mode, and why)

49.3%
  4. Game mode lobbies

1.4%
  5. The main lobby

7.0%
  6. Cosmetics

8.5%
  7. Other (Please leave comment if you select other)

11.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anti-cheat must be improved. Look, I am not a developer and I am sure it is very difficult to improve anti-cheat measures: but as of right now, something different must be done. Four out of the past four Cake Wars games I have played, have had AT LEAST one hacker in them. Gwen was not able to do anything. And as of now, players without ranks cannot use the /report option, requiring other players to go through frustrating obstacles just to report a single player.

Improving game modes is also something that could be worked on. But these improved game modes will mean nothing if they are filled with hackers.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  2. I chose these 2 considering what would be best for increasing the playerbase

1) Improving anti-cheat:
    Hackers are obviously frustrating for everyone, and if a new player has hackers ruin their experience, they're obviously not going to return. Personally, I don't find there's a ridiculous number of cheaters on, but still, the less the better. I have seen some newer players become angry with the anti-cheat. GWEN also does false kick a lot, which is a bit annoying too.

2) Creating more games
    New (and importantly, original) games get new players in, as well as keep experienced players playing regularly.

I also think fixes to bugs/glitches are important, but mostly the obvious + game-breaking ones, like a game just straight-up not loading. It's actually quite hard to find bugs or glitches if you're just playing normally

Game mode lobbies and the main lobby aren't that important to focus on. Not many people actually properly explore them, apart from for events.

Cosmetics are not either; you don't stay on a server solely for the cool cosmetics. Having a certain taunt or particle effect is probably what an average player would care about. I honestly think there's too many, but I suppose you gotta have perks for chests and ranks.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  3. Maybe add UHC back, but make it like happen periodically throughout the day. Like premade times.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
  4. Anti-cheat needs to be improved, hackers are one of mineplex's biggest problems. After that, bugs need to be fixed in existing games, clans especially (essentially the only game I play) is rife with glitches and bugs. After most of the bugs are fixed, I think adding content to old games like Champions, (the main other game I play) nano games, (although it's kinda new) cake wars, SSM, and all the others, as well as making new games and possibly bringing back updated old ones like SSM, Wizards, or Gem Hunters.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    brandon3074 likes this.
  5. Overall, I can see this topic being a bit controversial. For instance, yes, Developers at this current time do their own thing in their own time and I believe this is where the lack of communication is. This being said, I compare this to various members saying that "Mineplex never listens to the community members". I agree to a certain extent.

At this moment, I see more of the fault being blamed on the Leadership Team rather than the Developers themselves... and yes, the Leadership Team does have a role in this. However, Developers work on their own time and tackle the topics they want to cover. So in my opinion, the voices of community members do not get "heard" as much as the developers can deny your ideas. The reason I put the word "heard" in quotation marks is that the community does get listened to. That's why Mineplex has sub-teams like Community Management, Game Insights, Ideas Team, and Quality Assurance Testing so that our community member's voices get heard. Where I see the disconnection between communication is the Mineplex Staff Members and the Development and Leadership teams.

Likewise, I also believe that the Leadership team can improve as well by better management. Meaning that the current Game Development and Project Lead should manage their development team better by having deadlines and overall, assign projects. So with all this being said, I believe that the Developers of Mineplex should first and foremost focus on better communication.

I would like to mention- no shame thrown towards the Development Team nor the Leadership Team I'm just stating my opinion.

Thank you,
    FabianTuck

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  6. I believe the developers should focus on the anti-cheat because if there are too many hackers the games are basically unplayable, no point to update gamemodes if there are too many hackers.

Posted Mar 30, 2020