• 460 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8898 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What abilities do moderators get?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Alexthom, Oct 8, 2019 at 7:16 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After you finish being a trainee, and become mod, what benefits do you actually get? Do they get more commands or anything? If someone could just give me a list of what they can do that other people can’t do, that would be helpful.
    Thanks!

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 7:16 PM
  2. I went to the Mineplex Wiki for help. So all credit is to the wiki page.
    Trainees:
    • Can only punish for severity 1 which means that they cannot permanently mute or ban.
    • Can /vanish
    •Can /locate
    Moderators:
    Can /s
    Can /tp
    Can /time to check a players in-game time
    Can punish to all levels of severity

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 7:54 PM
    Alexthom likes this.
  3. Thanks!
    Just one question: what does /s do?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 8:28 PM
  4. If I am not mistaken due to the staff policy no one really can disclose information regarding specific instructions on how to use certain staff commands and whatnot (Correct me if I’m wrong).

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 8:46 PM
  5. Well, I’m not sure, but if you’re correct, thanks for letting me know!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 9:10 PM
  6. It’s not about benefits, it’s about the experience you give people.

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 9:51 PM,
    Last edited Oct 9, 2019 at 4:52 AM
  7. Hey!

I'm wanting to inform you that being staff is about much more than the nice shiny tag or the perks we get. Being staff is mainly about providing great customer service whenever we can, and to help the network out as well whenever we have free time whether that being answering questions or concerns others may have, or by dealing with rule breakers whenever needed. My best advice is to apply with the right intentions as well. Hopefully I gave you some insight on what being a staff member is truly about and what not!

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 1:22 AM,
    Last edited Oct 9, 2019 at 1:28 AM
    SalukiCorp and Hartley like this.
  8. Becoming a Moderator is more or less a guarantee that you will stay on the staff team until your resignation (unless a forceful demotion happens, not very often though). With that said, seeing as a Moderator passed their Trainee trial and proved that they can be trusted with permissions and that they are a responsible and mature staff member, they are granted access to all punishment severities, which means that they no longer have to submit Staff Reports (SR's) to their mentor. Along with that, they will be monitored in a slightly different way, as well as have the opportunity to apply for Moderator subteams and Senior Moderator teams. Mistakes that might be tolerated with new staff members are taken somewhat more seriously, but on the other hand, their tag is proof to the community that they can be trusted with any issue they have.

It does involve a few commands stated above, too, but they are generally rarely used. What really matters is what @Kyuine said, and that is to be the staff member the community deserves, and that is mainly achieved by being a good, kind and professional person, not by being good at operating with commands. :)

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 3:50 AM
    Kyuine likes this.
  9. So being a moderator isn’t about having the shiny golden tags and the perks/commands we have access to

It’s about helping people, feeling good when you are successful at that, making new staff and community friends and joining amazing sub teams.

It’s not the ranks and perks that we go for, it’s the fact that we get to help out Mineplex in a more able manner.

As mods we do get access to special commands but I’m going to follow the staff policy with full honesty and not reveal all of them. However the ones stated here:
    By @greg are correct and is the most that the staff team can reveal.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 7:18 AM
  10. Can Moderators /Nick. XD

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 9:17 AM
  11. I'm not going to tell you that becoming staff isn't about the gold tag, as people already seem to have mentioned that in the comments to this thread. I can't say every command we get, but there isn't real secrecy to what we receive. The difference between Trainee and Moderator is primarily a giving of more opportunities and permissions. For example, new Moderators can apply for subteams that they didn't have access to while a Trainee (FM, MA, RA, etc.). In terms of permissions, Trainees only had access to Severity 1 punishments. Moderators now are able to use Severity 2, Severity 3, Severity 4, and Permanent punishments. Lastly for what I can say, is Moderators can do in-game reports; in which Trainees cannot.

Not exactly. Certain Senior Moderators are given the ability to use the disguise command, which makes you appear as a normal player. For example, those on Recruitment can, as one of their jobs is to observe Trainee applicants.

Thread Locked. (Question Addressed)

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 9:40 AM
    Kyuine likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.