• 234 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3606 Players Online
  • 3372 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What’s up with mineplex?

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by sqaghett, May 13, 2022.

1. Today I logged onto mineplex (bedrock) I for the first time in like 2 years. Last I checked there was only 2 devs who probably had to work other jobs as well. I noticed a few things that were different like I think choosing the teams is more consistent now and a new kit for micro battles. very welcome changes from me! what else has happened since I’ve been gone? The tank microbattles kit feels OP in a fair way

Posted May 13, 2022
    Storeroom likes this.
  2. We lost 70% of the playercount

Posted May 13, 2022
  3. Lmao, that and axes do more damage than swords now. So worker kit is now the kit for sweats

Posted May 13, 2022
  4. How do they do more? They do 1 less than a sword

Posted May 13, 2022
  5. normally, yes. in microbattles (bedrock), axes > swords

Posted May 13, 2022
  6. Nice to hear you started playing again my friend. Basically in October 2020 all 4 classics games got an update including micro battles. A player tracker, map crumble and natural regen was added, which led to apples being removed. The tank kit was introduced which seemed like the best kit at first, but the worker kit got a stone axe and the stone axe does half a heart more damage than the wooden sword, so everyone uses worker kit. Oh, and they removed the map with the sponge :(

Posted May 13, 2022
  7. as someone else who also came back after around 2 years-ish they updated cakewars, and abletostrafe (nothinbutnet36) quit, tho u might not know him and idrk much else that happened

Posted May 13, 2022
    AbleToStrafe likes this.
  8. isnt there gonna be a combat update for minecraft too? and maybe this time theyll bring bedrock along

i still want to prove the tank kit but half a heart is so much

i knew net :( sad to hear he quit. but people can move on and i hope hes doing good in whatever he is persuing

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 13, 2022,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 13, 2022
    AbleToStrafe likes this.
  9. no combat update smh, at least- I hope not. Either way, server runs on 1.12

Posted May 13, 2022
  10. lol good im glad im stupid. we definetly dont need a combat update imo

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 13, 2022
  11. Hello, welcome back to Mineplex! The players above have already given you good information on what happened. One thing I would like to point out is that we had a Cake Wars update, which you can find information about here. This is one of the more major updates that happened recently; the second major update that happened was the Winter Event in 2020 which was fun too. We did have a Winter Event of 2021, but in my opinion, it was kind of just a recycle of last year's. Another major thing that has happened is that since about two years ago (I believe), there has been a new bug where XP won't save correctly and you might lose XP. I recommend having your forums account open and constantly refreshing your profile to see what XP saved and what hasn't. Additionally, switching lobbies every couple of games also helps. Finally, I would like to say that most of the staff members you knew over two years ago probably aren't staff anymore, and we have lost many Bedrock staff members since you last left. There have been newer staff members though, a full list of current staff along with a list of resignations can be found here. Also, we currently only have one front-end developer for Bedrock, who is gyroninja. Also, a lot of the community members that you probably know have moved on from Mineplex, except for a few who have either been playing continuously or have re-discovered Mineplex recently. Otherwise, many things have been basically the same as before.

Posted May 14, 2022
    sqaghett and MC_Minium like this.
  12. Heh, you would think good changes. Advancemts yes, but ehhhhh,

Posted May 14, 2022
  13. thanks! I started to notice some of this. only one dev sounds rough and explains why the server can be so glitchy at times. I wonder why it is that why. like can we not pay enough? or is it the polar opposite and the server owners have fallen into apathy of what happens because they have so much money? im inclined to believe the former but do we know? the transparency would be nice imo cus then the community could react more fairly. a lot of people on forums seem to be asking for big changes to the server and then when those changes dont happen for so long they assume that the server owners just dont care.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2022,
    Last edited May 15, 2022
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  14. Sadly more than just net quit. SmokeyCob and Hype quit to, so we kind of lost out whole yt community.

Posted May 15, 2022
    sqaghett and AbleToStrafe like this.
  15. Ownership, and leadership team are frauds… The staff team, and admins try their best to keep this server floating, and you can’t blame them for the state of the server. Me personally, I am tired of people blaming the staff team or admin team for problems when it’s clearly out of their control. Who is to be blamed exactly? Like I said at the beginning ownership are the ones to be blamed for everything. It’s their jobs as owners to make sure their business is getting enough staffing, and management. It’s their jobs to make sure financially they make good decisions. It’s their jobs to plan, and layout a blueprint on what they want done with their product. It’s their job to market and promote their product to people, and satisfy their customers needs.

I can tell you right now that the owners of this server aren’t doing anything, or at least they don’t want us to know anything. I understand that censorship, and not giving details in certain situations is needed. But the owners of this server never…and I mean never talk to the community and let alone their own staff/admin teams. This leaves chaos and confusion, and here is the result. Now your next question you may ask is why aren’t they fixing anything? Well I guess what from a business standpoint Mineplex Bedrock, and it’s assets on the marketplace make a lot more money than we think, and is doing fine. Now where does that money go? Who knows, and that’s not my place to say where it goes but It’s just a good question to think about. My point is that ownership will never change the way they do things because they don’t need to and aren’t in a hurry to.

Now let’s move on to leadership. Now I want to remind people that this is coming from a bedrock standpoint. I understand that leadership is actually improving and becoming better. They helped make changes to Java and are constantly working with Timmi, and other devs to improve the server. Good for them! However bedrock is a completely different story. It’s more neglected, and seen as a burden. They don’t want to get anything done, they don’t have any motivation. When the person who is in charge of hiring developers, and coders for both Java and Bedrock was asked back in January of 2021 about hiring devs he stated “I get probably 30 dev applications a week”. Anyways between then and May of 2021 nothing happened and no new devs were hired for both Java and Bedrock. Hmmm 30 dev applications a week, and no hires? Interesting….Anyways when asked about hiring devs again this person responded saying “We are hiring devs, I actually started actively hiring this week!” Fast forward to July 28th 2021 mineplex finally hired a dev. (Wait did I say that right. Only one dev?) Yes they hired one dev, and most of all that dev was only for Java. Bedrock once again is neglected. Out of 30 applications a week (which is clearly BS by the way) from January of 2021-July 2021 you are saying that out of those applications only one dev was hired? That’s a joke, and pretty pathetic. GyroNinja is the only dev for bedrock at the moment and he did wonderful work in 2020, in 2021 he started to slow down, and now in 2022 we haven’t seen anything permanent update wise since July 2021. Obviously Gyro can’t do it alone, it’s not fair to him to be left with poor product, and to be the one to fix the problems, and on top of it add new content. It’s no secret that the bedrock servers foundational code is a mess which already creates problems for devs to work with. Anyways that’s what’s happened and is happening at the moment. The server is frustrating and exhausting nothing major getting done to improve the bedrock server. Also a lot of admins and staff have completely walked away from the server within the past 3 months. So that should tell you something.

Posted May 15, 2022
  16. jamn. . . that sucks

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2022
  17. The server structure is such a mess, every update they basically have to rewrite it!

Posted May 15, 2022
    sqaghett, LockNess8221 and GRGoodGame like this.
  18. Yeah, seriously. This is pathetic. It feels like their not even trying. They talked about a Bedrock update MONTHS ago, and we still have nothing. Pathetic pathetic pathetic. Mineplex bedrock is falling apart, and it's community is losing hope. If they don't actually put in an effort soon, they'll have no one left to please.

And on top of that, Mineplex is on the featured servers page on Minecraft Bedrock? Nah. If this is how Mineplex runs, they shouldn't have that partnership. They're undeserving.

Posted May 18, 2022

19. [​IMG]

Posted May 18, 2022
  20. okay. . . total hypothetical: if you had a party of 16 players in a game like microbattles or cakewars, how consistently would you be able to play in a lobby with just the other party members? Would you have to wait a game or two for the other players to leave? In the party, If 4 players queued each team, how consistently would they be on the team that they queued?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.