• 292 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7649 Players Online
  • 7357 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What’s the best way to alert mods of a hacker?

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Mudkip2021, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Tried /com join staffrequest (whatever you’re supposed to type involving these words) and I always get denied

Posted Sep 17, 2021
  2. Heya! There are several ways to alert Mods of a hacker- and since you use Java I am going to give you the ways that work outside of in-game, since I'm not sure how Java works.

I find that the best response time tends to be reporting in the MPD (Mineplex Discord) Which you can join here if you aren't already in it.

Another way that works but tends to be slower is using the reporting feature here on the forums. While this will not get a Mod in your game at the time of the offense, they will be punished later according to your actions if you report them correctly. Make sure to provide plenty of evidence and read the reporting guide here

Hopefully this helps! Remember, there's no surefire way to get a Mod in your game while the hacker is at large- unless you know a Mod personally I suppose but even then we get very busy and have a lot on our hands sometimes. Please be patient with us! This is just what works best for me before I was a mod :D

Posted Sep 17, 2021
    BlondieBrook likes this.
  3. I’m already on the discord. Could I just say “hacker is on this server”?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2021
  4. Alright so there should be a channel that you can see called "#report-players"
    Instructions on how to report players in that channel are as follows and to quote @Toki ;

To report someone via this channel, it requires you to provide 3 arguments.
    They are as follows: !report <java/discord/bedrock> <user> <reason>
    For example, to report Toki on Java for being bad, you would use the following command: !report java Toki bad
    You can also use this command in a Direct Message with @Mineplex
    Do note that abusive reports sent in will result in you being blacklisted from creating further reports.

Java Only Information: You can also use the /report command directly in-game with the format "/report <name> <reason>" and/or the in-game "StaffRequest" community (request to join by using /com join StaffRequest) https://www.mineplex.com/threads/staffrequest-guidelines.2276/

Posted Sep 17, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  5. A lot of people Iike to scream on the forums sooo.. lol but arrow is right Theres many ways to report people

Posted Sep 17, 2021
  6. I'm just going to paste the message I had pre-written (and posted in the #frequent-questions section on Discord) about which reporting methods are most effective for which platform, and the type of rule broken.

You may report any offense from either platform (Java or Bedrock) on the forums with evidence*
    https://www.mineplex.com/reports
    https://www.mineplex.com/report-guide/

Java Specific:
    -You may request to join the StaffRequest community by typing `/com request StaffRequest` while in-game. Then you may use that community to request an online staff member to help out if they can. Works well for hacking and gameplay offenses.
    -You may use /report Username Reason, works very well for chat offenses
    -You may go to Lobby-1 and use /a to see if there are any staff waiting in that lobby.

How to report through Discord:
    Please see the #report-players channel for a description on how to use the Discord to report players. I would recommend this channel for Bedrock or Discord rule breakers.

*You need a forums account and a linked minecraft account in order to create a report. See https://www.mineplex.com/link/
    Upload your evidence to YouTube, Imgur, Gyazo, or another image hosting site, then post the link to the media in your report.

Posted Sep 17, 2021
  7. Well, Mineplex staff should actually put some effort in ensuring the most basic anti-cheat program because I certainly don't want to report every second player. I'm here to play, not to report constantly. I wish they would just shut down the java edition because they don't do any work at all. Half of the players is using hacks, I just had a few on SSM. It's ridiculous how they can fly and do whatever they want. They don't really support it that much anymore. The lag spikes are absolutely horrible as are people randomly freezing at times or be stuck in blocks etc. This server has become a mess.

Posted Sep 18, 2021
  8. Hate to break it to you but the Mineplex Staff aren’t the ones who control or produce the anti-cheat. It’s the developers problems not theirs.

Posted Sep 18, 2021