• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What’s OP in bridges?

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by _CrazyDemon_, Nov 8, 2018.

Tags:
?

Is bridges your favourite game?

This poll will close on Dec 13, 2018 at 4:45 PM.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Kinda

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. _CrazyDemon_

_CrazyDemon_

Does anyone know if there is anything that is so OP in the game bridges if you have anything that you think is OP please tell me
    --- Post updated ---
    Hello everyone! This poll will stay here for a while but make sure you get your vote in before the poll goes and I want to say thanks you to everyone who did vote!

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  2. whatsup34

whatsup34

Well, if you wanna talk about kits berserker is probably the most OP kit. The leap ability is very useful, and makes it hard for your enemy to run away. Miner is also pretty good, but berserker is definitely the best.

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  3. _CrazyDemon_

_CrazyDemon_

Thanks for the info! Did you vote on the poll I sent?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 8, 2018
  4. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

Hello,

Everything is quite balanced with Bridges. I like it quite a lot!

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Nov 9, 2018
  5. jackkarle

jackkarle

Things aren't as balanced as you may think, just cause all the tryhards who play zerk say it is in GI doesn't mean its true. Give archer a higher fletching arrow capacity plz XD. Also cap for how many apples appler can have :P
    --- Post updated ---
    Appler is most OP

Posted Nov 9, 2018
  6. _CrazyDemon_

_CrazyDemon_

Thanks for the info! Remember to vote on the poll if you can dude
    --- Post updated ---
    Thank You For The Info! Remember to vote on the poll if you can dude

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 9, 2018
  7. _H2O

_H2O

I have to say that my least favorite aspect of Bridges is the Apple kit. I've felt this way for a very long time because though not everyone knows how to use it effectively, the right people can use it to gain a massive advantage over other players.

Firstly, you don't have to worry at all about food throughout the game since you can eat the apples. That's a really great feature considering you need food to be able to regenerate and if you are constantly getting into fights with other kits and have a limited amount of food, you can't get hearts back as easily. Most people don't really consider how vital food is in the game, but I don't necessarily think that should be changed, just stating a perk of the kit.

The second issue that I have is that it deals damage no matter what level of armor your opponent is at. Whether they have no armor at all or full diamond armor, you are going to deal the same amount of damage. In my opinion, that's a bit unfair, especially since the person in full diamond worked hard to get those diamonds (even with Miner kit, it takes a while to be able to get full diamond). Whether it had been from mining or killing other players, diamond armor should protect more than no armor at all.

Apple kit also allows you to knockback players, which helps with getting better combos in PvP and hitting people off the islands into the void or water. Truthfully, I like this feature of the kit and think it helps with balancing it out with others. However, it combined with the damage aspect of the kit makes it overpowered in a lot of situations.

There's also the fact that you can pick up other people's apples that have used the kit in the game. This gives you a multitude of apples to be able to spam. Sure, there's a limited amount of hotbar slots, but if you put a stack in 4-5 of them, you've got plenty of apples to use in a fight and can likely find time to replace them pretty easily if you happen to run out.

Personally, I would like to see the kit changed to take into consideration the amount of armor a player is wearing and for players not to be able to pick up other people's apples. I feel like it would balance out the kit a little more than it currently is.

Posted Nov 10, 2018 at 12:21 PM
  8. jackkarle

jackkarle

Apple kit doesn't deal the same amount of damage regardless of armour. You should read my previous thread about "Things that are OP in bridges". I think that a slower spawn rate of apples and a maximum cap as to how many apples a play can have at once would help balance the kit. Thus limiting the use of apple thrower, not changing the ability itself.

If you dislike apple, use destructor or brawler to counter it. For brawler stay in tight areas where they can't get chip damage with apples and against a corner so you don't take knock back. Destructor just attempt to trap the appler into the water or void with the destructor perks, u can throw one behind them and one infront so they're stuck, most applers will be hesitant to do much to escape that situation, and even then the appler won't be able to harm you much.

Of course if you're skilled with berserker you can beat an appler, but most zerks won't be able to.
    --- Post updated ---
    I did vote on the poll btw :P

Posted Nov 10, 2018 at 1:12 PM