• 375 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4354 Players Online
  • 3979 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Well guys it’s been real.... (survival)

Discussion in 'Survival' started by thawazp, Sep 8, 2020.

1. This is simply not true. Most building items were left well alone for that specific reason, not to take away from the fun. Here is the full list of removed blocks.

Illegal Blocks

Bedrock
    End Portal
    Dragon Head
    End Crystal
    Beacon
    End Rods

There are more deleted items that were removed, but for building blocks, that is it. Far from a lot, and leaving people with the same opportunity for endless creativity as before.

In terms of illegal items, these were those:

Illegal items

Elytra
    Blaze Rods
    ANY & ALL Spawn Eggs
    ANY & ALL Splash & Regular Potions
    Eye of Ender
    Chorus Fruit
    Popped Chorus Fruit
    Totem of Undying
    Nether Star

Once again, all items removed were done so as they were not possible to get normally, but also because they gave some sort of advantage over others who didn't have the cheated in items. Elytra's let you fly, which is a big advantage, hence it being removed. I understand the want for one, and in the future I would love personally if they could be introduced to the game, but without a fair opportunity to get them for everyone, it's getting a significant advantage out of something that was spawned in by cheating.

I agree with this in a sense. Survival is missing some unique components that could set the game apart from pure vanilla survival. It's something that should be improved upon, and ideas are always welcome and encouraged on how to do that. In the future, a Survival update might look at these issues and address them head on, but that all comes down to the feedback players give and suggestions as well to improve the game. It's one thing to recognize that there is an issue, which you have done, but proposing insightful solutions or even just basic suggestions is the sort of "next level" of that, so I'm curious what you think.

Illegal mobs are not something that should be kept in the game. There was no advantage to keeping them (in terms of player advancement) and so other than being a punching bag, and showing up in the boss bar, not really useful to the game.

Same thing with the Elytra. Getting a movement advantage you shouldn't be able to get is a pretty big thing. Chorus flowers can be used to make popped chorus fruit and that's a no go.

Huge advantages given for items that you could not get legally.

Not a necessary comment imo, whether or not you've heard of them does not invalidate/validate their opinion.

In general I understand the frustration and I can see why the OP items served as a good thing in many cases. They gave subtle or great advantages over pure vanilla survival and made the game more fun. In the short term, they were removed that is true. But in the long term it's possible to see them make a return to the game via an update, etc etc. If you have specific suggestions for the game, as a member of the GI team for Bedrock I'd love to jot them down and bring them up when we take a look at survival and propose changes to the game in the future.

Regards,
    Fallen

Posted Sep 9, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 9, 2020
    Tamman, GAM and DaPBillk like this.
  2. When survival has been out for not to long and has had more updates than clans :D lolololololol

Posted Sep 9, 2020

3. You missed chorus fruit plants and brewing stands among others which many of us like to include in our builds and actually you could get potions legally you could brew them just like you can in the vanilla game brewing stands worked just fine before and making potions the normal way is not some huge advantage everyone can do it just the same and neither were 32k items a huge advantage they just wasted your time less replacing your broken armor and allowed you to actually wear armor besides diamond or use tools beside diamond which made players have unique style eleytra is a vanilla game item it’s not some huge advantage and why the hell would popped chorus fruit be a problem it’s only used to craft blocks it’s just ridiculous that base game items were removed there is no excuse for it and especially to turn around and say we should suggest those same items and maybe we will get them are you serious that is backwards as hell when we already had them to then say beg for it and maybe you’ll get it none of the suggestions would be anything new we’ve asked for nether and end forever but I doubt it is possible to include because of the map and server system it would most likely overwhelm it which is why they havnt already been included so it’s just nonsensical to tell us to suggest things we won’t get and to beg for our blocks and items back that are all vanilla and that we had already how can you say any of it makes sense

also was most definately a necessary comment because if you read their response they don’t play survival so why are they trying to act like they know what’s good for the game they never played or invested any time in when the actual players who have had their entire game removed (in a lot of cases the only one they play on np) and are not happy about it

the wither was not an illegal mob it is a normal vanilla boss and drops resources we use to craft beacons which should also not be removed most of us use them for decorating our bases, it’s also the only challenging mob available and even more so now that eggs are gone zombies and skeletons are like 2percent of Minecraft’s mobs and that’s all we get now and we are told to survive as if there is some challenge to that there is nothing for us to do and no one ever had some advantage over others all of those items like eleytra and armor were given away free to new players you wouldn’t find a player who didn’t have the same gear no one had anything that others didn’t have access to and it discouraged griefing but now in this new survival everyone’s getting killed by flame arrows and since no one even cares it seems like most players spend their time griefing instead of building from what I’ve seen it’s become a mess now

suggestions are obvious give us the base game at the very least or just roll back the save state abt 5 days and let us play none of it is rocket science what the players want these things have been suggested for years and I’d be wasting time typing out the same things people have probably said more eloquently than I would but if it’s not possible to give us the end or nether then just roll us back to a backup and give us our supplies back so we can access the full base minecraft experience at the very least

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 12, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 12, 2020
  4. Those items allowed you to gain an unfair advantage. For example, chorus fruit plants allow you to get chorus fruit which randomly teleports you. This could lead to you being teleported to areas you shouldn't be in.

Potions could not be obtained legally without finding a brewing stand through structures in the map which is highly unlikely. Brewing stands require you to have blaze rods to craft, which are not implemented yet. It is a advantage because it allows you to craft things like speed and haste potions. The chances of a player finding a brewing stand through natural generation are very unlikely given how long Survival has been out.

It removed a lot of the survival aspect of the game. They created impossible enchantments beyond the normal enchants (e.g. looting beyond the level of 3) and might have also been the cause of Survival servers going down.

Creating and repairing weapons/tools/armor should be a part of Survival. It also doesn't make sense for leather armor to protect players considering it's leather versus something like diamond armor which does make sense in Vanilla Minecraft.

It gives a huge advantage as players can fly around and move quickly. While it is a vanilla item, there is no way to legally obtain them in our Survival gamemode yet. However, as previously stated in the thread, our developer would eventually like to add items that are unobtainable currently through future content updates.

Survival does not have any way to get these items without spawning them in, which is now impossible. Making these items impossible to obtain currently. They were removed because they were not supposed to be there in the first place. However, as previously stated, our developer does intend to bring these blocks back to allow players to obtain them legally. Right now, supply is limited and there is no way to obtain more of the "illegal" blocks without breaking rules.

I'm sorry to hear that the community has asked and asked for new content for Survival, things like the nether or the end would really be cool. I agree! But, things are changing and I'm sure that Survival will receive it's update, much like other games which have been lacking an update for a long time as well until about a month ago.

From what I've seen, Survival actually increased it's player count since the items were removed. From what I saw this morning, Survival overtook Skywars and almost peaked 1000 players consecutively which I haven't seen during my entire time at Mineplex. A ton of players left because of these items and judging by our current player count for Survival, I would say that this is something that was needed for Survival. It doesn't make sense to have Survival keep these OP tools that are impossible to obtain without item spawning. It just isn't what Survival is or should be.

Right, but at the same time, it was also commonly used to grief many bases. It also is not obtainable without soul sand and wither skulls, which both require the nether.

You still face the same challenges as most of Vanilla Survival. Of course, there is limitations right now to what mobs you do face against. But 32k tools made starvation essentially non-existent because players could obtain stacks upon stacks of food.

I can guarantee you that all players did not have the same OP gear. By giving players these tools/armor, you are also removing the aspect of surviving and and challenges that exist so far. These items were not meant to be in the game originally and will most likely be added back in with content updates to Survival.

This was a problem even before we removed 32k tools/armor. It is something we are aware of and will be fixed with it's respective update most likely. Players can always report these players at https://mineplex.com/reports and action can be taken. We do not tolerate players doing this.

I've seen the exact opposite. I no longer see players in chat preparing to raid bases or grief bases. Now, I see players more commonly collaborating with each other and participating in fun events with each other. For example, just the other day I played a couple of player-made parkour courses.

I definitely agree that Survival does need to have more content added. But, you'll have to wait just a little longer. Mineplex Bedrock has many subcommunities that need updates as well, and we only have one Bedrock developer at the moment. It'll take time for him to get to every subcommunity. But your suggestions are not ignored.

Posted Sep 12, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  5. I agree with this post but want to add:
    It is an illegal mob. The only way to legitimately spawn one in is to use 4 soul sand and 1 wither skeleton skull. Both of those items could only be obtained by using hacks to spawn them in. There is no way to spawn in a Wither without using hacked in items, therefore it is illegal.

Posted Sep 12, 2020
  6. Mineplex’s Survival Mode season 1: Iii don’t want to set the world on fireeee!
    Mineplex’s Survival Mode first half of season 2: He came riding from the south side, slowly lookin' all around
    "He's an outlaw loose and runnin'", came a whisper from each lip
    "And he's here to do some business with a big iron on his hip"
    Mineplex’s Survival Mode second half of season 2 and season 3:
    ALMOST heaven, West Virginia!
    P.S. You must be a Fallout fan to understand this.

Posted Sep 12, 2020
    Fallen likes this.
  7. Those are not illegal items they are base game vanilla items and so now normal survival stuff is considered illegal in survival I don’t understand what this game is supposed to be now can’t build cuz the best blocks are gone, can’t “survive” cuz there’s nothing to survive against, can’t even get around because they’ve taken all of our movement based items before we were at least able to play the game now there’s nothing for anyone I don’t see how anyone at mp could have possibly thought this was a good way to go if you wanted to make stuff normal strength that’s not as big a deal as removing 90percent of the base game it’s not even Minecraft it’s like toddler craft for pooped diaper babies who want to place 4 dirt blocks and sit in it, also now you’ve made it impossible for players to stop raiders and they’ve been going to town out there raiding everyone and hacking with nothing anyone can do to stop them, you’ve made everyone unable to defend themselves from griefers and cheaters, and all this nonsense of unfair advantage is bunk and you know not no one had anything that every other player didn’t, you join the server as a new player ask chat for some new player gear and your done equipped same to everyone else literally takes two seconds everyone had the same before now only the hackers and griefers do and are just wrecking people with no way to stop them my stuff is safe but that doesn’t mean it’s ok for all the players who now don’t even have an option of safety and are completely screwed

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 20, 2020
    Toastie, MaybeMulti and Spookyceps like this.
  8. Also if the stuff is to be added back in a later update why remove it in the first place just to hurt players and be spiteful? Just shoulda let us keep our blocks and gear theres no reasonable excuse for it, also a bigger issue than any of this is people setting home after accidental tp and raiding you and right now there is no way to remove people from your builds which is another major issue at least before there was some ways to stop these griefers but now there are none and dapbilk idk what chat you’ve been reading but all I see when I’m on is nonstop people being raided and griefed crying about their bases and no way to stop these players anymore or keep their projects safe from them

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 20, 2020
    Toastie and MaybeMulti like this.
  9. Bruh

Posted Sep 21, 2020
    Toastie likes this.
  10. Realmente aprecio que hayan echado a los piratas informáticos y tramposos que arruinan la supervivencia.I really appreciate that they expelled the hackers and cheats that ruin survival, what are they talking about, the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse is considered an illegal mob? since I faced them a moment ago by a trap skeleton horse and by some bug they appeared with the Wither bar and the name of horsemen of the apocalypse as if it were another chief vanilla, they were very difficult to kill and one of them had a totally enchanted bow that he released when he died, he was not enchanted to infinity, but if to the maximum permitted after that I realized that they had an effect that made them run too fast than allowed , when I defeated them they released a full enchanted bow and an iron helmet with the maximum enchantments allowed but had protection x which was protection 10.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
    Toastie and Spookyceps like this.
  11. Okay, here’s my opinion on this.
    I’m not going to lie, survival is fairly boring without the “OP ITEMS!” and other rare items, but I just get addicted to those games. OP Items were a mess and lagged out the game. At first I was a bit sad, but I understood. Now I’m kinda glad. Instead of collecting OP items, I collect “MAX” items, dyed armor, and banners! It’s still fun, and I know gyro will just make it better.

ThaWazp, i understand your side, but there’s not much we can do now. It’s honestly best to embrace the situation.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
  12. I've been playing on minplex for 3. Almost 4 years. Changes happen. Such is life. I wasnt happy after the last reset. I wasnt happy at first with these changes. but I'm getting used to it again. I'm focusing more on my base build. There are still many blocks to use. Also the new changes allow for creative thinking for other things. This is what so many noobs have wanted for a long time. Deal with it. It can still be a public survival like you want. Or go play another game. It's that easy.

Posted Sep 23, 2020
    Toastie likes this.
  13. I honestly don't get what you're complaining about. You're not supposed to have such an inflated economy.

Posted Sep 23, 2020
    Toastie likes this.
  14. Thanks to the survival restarts I can make my house-mushroom

Posted Sep 23, 2020
    Toastie likes this.

15. I have every dyed that ever existed and can’t wear any of them because they break instantly when worn op items did not lag the game all the gear I used had no looting or fortune and it was only brand new players who would use stuff like that I have thousands of banners including huge sets that make pictures that are like 100x100 but now I can’t display them properly so they will sit in storage forever I was halfway done a banner display area that was multi level and hundreds of blocks long but now I don’t have the blocks to finish it or to keep my collection somewhere that can safely be viewed without risk of being stolen so now no one will get to see what is most likely the largest collection of banners that exists including one of a kind multi banner displays and singles, I can’t build anything because there’s no way to protect it and many of my favorite building blocks are gone, the only thing they have done is made it so the only thing players are doing is raiding constantly and made it much easier to do so no one can do anything now because it’s just going to be raided or griefed with no possible way to stop it, also now that you mentioned the few sets of overenchanted armor everyone has sitting around ( though idk how you would collect them since you only need one of each and everyone has at least one set like that around) I bet he will remove that too, there is nothing to collect buy trade or build nothing to look for mine or craft nothing to find explore or discover no player builds either because they’ve all been griefed now since it’s been made impossible to keep them safe and raiders and hackers are running the show now before hackers weren’t much of a problem like they are now because before we could defend ourselves and builds from them but now we can’t idk what anyone can possibly use survival for there’s no game to play it’s just a glorified chat room except that you have to spam numbers every three minutes or no one can see your chats also if you havnt read yet about how gyro is making it fun it looks like we can’t even dupe stuff anymore so now there’s even less of a possibility to wear your dyed and any of the blocks that we still had to use will be gone soon so even those that weren’t removed will be unavailable for building idk how anyone who plays survival can enjoy having dirt and stone as the only blocks and zombies and skeletons as the only mobs before we had a game that was much improved over vanilla even tho it technically lacked most of the game now we have a version of the game that isn’t even as good as the 1st beta of Minecraft it isn’t Minecraft at all doesn’t even have 15 percent of the base game available to us just dirt block miner simulator with a chat room and that’s not fun to anyone

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 26, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 26, 2020
    Toastie and Spookyceps like this.

16. No you can’t because you can’t get those blocks

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 26, 2020
    Toastie likes this.

17. It wasn’t inflated the stuff that was valuable was and still is extremely rare except for the things that were spread and became worthless that’s how the economy works but now since there is no reason to ever trade those items there is no economy and players like me who have those things and one of a kind ones will never ever have a reason to trade for anything and so no one will get to have them or see them, nothing that’s available in the game now has any value to anyone with the exception of the few unspread rare dyed armors and since there is nothing else with a value even close there is no economy because 99perfent of players don’t have one of a kind dyed armors and the other colors have no value at all because everyone has them and no one can wear em anyways and everything else never had value and still doesn’t so there is nothing to trade for or collect new players will never ever have a chance to gain any kind of wealth now because nothing they can ever get in their time playing will hold any value to anyone it’s all rotten flesh and dirt there’s nothing to work toward

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 26, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 26, 2020
    Toastie likes this.

18. Why build your base when it will only be raided and griefed in a day or two since you can’t keep it safe it’s not even normal survival there’s less than 15 percent of the game available hackers are running the show and even though my stuff is all safe and impossible to grief no new players will have those possibilities hackers are way worse than they ever were

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 26, 2020
    Toastie likes this.
  19. My base has never been greifed. It's well protected and claimed. Guess that's the difference between playing longer and learning the game. It's not normal minecraft. 15%? Where did you get that number? Cause there are still tons of different blocks and items to use. People talk about hackers but I rarely if never deal with them. And I to a lot of randoms to my base. Yes occasionally a player has tool box. But... still cant do anything to my base. New players can get hard to get blocks. There are people like me (angelofdeath422) and trazeestrike who like to give stuff away and help others. Guess you just met the wrong people. Or didnt give it enough time. All of your complaints. I dont have. If I had to complain. It would be cause I miss my elytra lmao. My biggest enemy is gravity!

Posted Sep 26, 2020
    Toastie and STARWARSROCKS22 like this.
  20. If they can be achieved with an ax and a touch of silk

Posted Sep 26, 2020
    Toastie likes this.