• 4152 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12590 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Welcome Tutorial

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Acerna, Apr 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Warning: I had no clue where to put this

Onto the post. I feel like the Welcome Tutorial should be updated to include a few more things past the general games. Currently, it shows how to join games, spending gems and shards/gaining them and xp, Carl and Sam descriptions, and how to adjust kits. It says nothing about commands, shortcuts for chat, or communities. It is also very easy to avoid and go past that weird villager on a Redstone block straight to the games. I feel like some adjustments would be great for new (legit) players and returning players who may have forgotten things. I know that when I returned I forgot everything except how to move, public chat, and get into games. Maybe it isn't even needed in a welcome tutorial, just have some people around to be able to direct them to a command (/tutorial, maybe?) to see all the chat/community things.

I'll add back a list of suggestions once I hear how you all think on certain ideas or none.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    cerns and uwumari like this.
  2. I'd agree commands needs to be added to the tutorial.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    uwumari likes this.
  3. Imo I believe Mineplex should force ppl to do the tutorial cuz like then everyne always flood chat about what to do and it get super flooded so mineplex shoyld like force new membrs to go throught the tutorial in order to inform them and keep chat less flood

Posted Apr 21, 2019
    cerns, Acerna and heckings like this.
  4. Hey there!
    I agree. I see a lot of people asking how to create a party, and I believe it would be beneficial for new players to know basic commands. I would also suggest a notification in chat if a player has not completed the tutorial. This is a +1 from me!

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  5. I think it would be nice to include some of the information that you have mentioned for new players to have access to it. However, I'm not sure if it needs to be specifically added to the welcome tutorial. I feel like if it is too long and contains too much information, players are likely to stop paying attention after a bit or are going to forget some of the information that it goes over. In turn, they'd have to watch through the whole tutorial again or ask someone as they would if they didn't have access to the information. There's just a lot of information that players can learn about the server and I don't think we can pile it all into one welcome tutorial.

It may be better to have a tutorial system with a general tutorial and then special tutorials for different aspects of the server. There could be special tutorials for communities or lists of commands, etc. that players could choose from to learn more about the server and its features. Players can find guides and such on the forums though, so maybe we could just put a heavier focus on trying to get players to come to the forums if they want further information instead of adding a bunch of tutorials.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
    Acerna and Kisme like this.
  6. I agree that the tutorial should be updated and that it should force people that haven’t logged on mineplex in a while to watch it because often ask questions like “how do I talk in team chat” and other things like that. Not that I’m unwilling to help but it could be easily resolved.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  7. I would love to see some more things added to the tutorial! It's pretty brief and its information is already generally known by most. Maybe have the tutorial describe what ranks are and where you could get them. I overall like this idea (I think that's what it is) and I'll be giving it a +1

Posted Apr 21, 2019