• 1215 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9653 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Weapon strength

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by StefanVukCFC, Jul 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. So ever since the 1.9 combat update of minecraft, the axe has been a lot stronger than the sword and blah blah blah. I couldn't find a single person knowing this and i need help so can someone please tell me the list of weapon damage in mineplex survival games as i often end up using a bad weapon when i can use a better one. Thanks in advance

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  2. Mineplex, as well as the majority of other servers still use the 1.8.9 pvp mechanics, as 1.9 pvp is... questionable.

This means the weapons are also 1.8.9. If you hover over the sword / axe it will show you the damage the weapon does.

Hope this helps.

~ Zom

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  3. Thats because of it being 1.9 PVP, that is why I’d rather use 1.8.9 PVP

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  4. Wood axe is worst
    Wood sword = stone axe
    Stone sword = Iron axe
    Iron sword = Diamond axe and Gold sword (due to a MP plugin)
    Diamond sword is best unless you can get a Sharp 2 enchant on gold

All axes go up a tier when axeman kit is equipped

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  5. Hey there!

As said above, 1.9 PVP is a lot different from 1.8+ PVP. I believe Mineplex has modified it so there's no hit delay even while on versions 1.9+. However, this does not mean that everything has been modified to stay the same in versions 1.8-1.8.9. This is probably why axes 'overpower' swords on 1.9. I really suggest playing in 1.8-1.8.9 as it should give you the best experience while playing combat game modes.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jul 19, 2019