• 1454 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7341 Players Online
  • 5887 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

We should nerf chicken this way

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Chameebling, Apr 14, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There are these rare cases of chickens who chase players with constant flapping and spam missiles at close range having a high accuracy rate. Those kinds of players are as rare as only 2 cases in 2.5 weeks. It is nearly impossible to even deal damage to those players as chicken missiles block melee hits and even when the chicken missiles are killed they still propel. As a cow user I can probably spiral through the missiles to bypass knockback but that would be lots of damage by that missile spamming. The amount of damage is so much that you die from 15 hearts in just 15 seconds from a Mooshroom Cow completely immobilized from doing things

Possible nerfs are:

Add a maximum cap of how many times in a row chicken missiles can be instantly recharged after hitting players

Add a 0.5 second cooldown of chicken missile for when you hit players

Add it so that chicken missiles can be deflected by projectiles like sulfur bombs (pretty much when the baby chicken dies the missile automatically explodes)

Make chicken missiles not recharge instantly when hitting a non-player entity like Angry Herd cow, Wither Image, Bat Wave, Slime Rocket minion

Posted Apr 14, 2020
    kim_crazy likes this.
  2. I found that type of chicken yesterday :/
    He camped the whole game and when he was the only one left he kept running and spamming missiles.

Posted Apr 14, 2020
  3. Every once in awhile I run into that type of chicken or magma on certain maps that is just so good at running that the game takes a good 20 minutes and one of the few times I’ll lose my cool and use the smash out of extreme annoyance

Posted Apr 14, 2020
    AltantaTV and SpitefulNick like this.
  4. Chickens are quite annoying and their small hitboxes make it even worse, unlike slime they don't grow either. I think these ideas would work out and it would be beneficial for people going against chickens.

+1

Posted Apr 14, 2020
    christxqn likes this.
  5. Well those chicken players are extremely good at their kit, and they are able to aim and predict and have earned their wins from their practice.

Chickens hitbox isnt difficult to hit if you are decent at pvp, and they die in like 3 hits.

How to counter chicken: As you know, a chicken only gets its missile back if it hits a player or entity (hitting entity does absolutely nothing except give its missile back so its like they didnt use it at all). Countering chicken is extremely simple if you know this. The strategy is to back up when the chickens missile is recharged or its cooldown ended.

Nerf 1: Just dodge the freaking missile its probably the slowest projectile in the game

Nerf 2: This is a bug, and it was stated in the bug document that there is probably no way in the code to fix this.

Nerf 3: The chicken missile recharge after hitting non player entity does nothing like I said earlier. Pig is a lot worse in that aspect as it can heal off all the things you mentioned.

Points in threads and reply I agree with:

Running chickens are insanely annoying especially in the maps mining camp and amplified. But if those maps are voted and theres a chicken I just go to another game at that point XD

Posted Apr 14, 2020
  6. The last thing Chicken needs are nerfs. If you both struggle against one. I don't think you should be playing SSM.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    GodYeeter, Mitchy and NoHaxJustCats_ like this.
  7. As I said, there are only 2 cases in 2.5 weeks. Let's say I play like 75 games a day, that is 1312 games in 2.5 weeks, therefore there is less than a 1% chance I run into a mad tryhard chicken. I generally do not struggle with chickens at all.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2020
  8. Hey,

I've occasionally struggled with chickens in SSM spamming and such, but I don't think the kit should be nerfed. Nearly any kit can be hard to fight against if the player is good at using their kit and decent at PVP. Also, chickens have very little armor so it doesn't take many hits to kill them.

Also, while the missile spam may be annoying it's easy to avoid them. The missiles don't go very fast and they take a pretty long time to reload when they miss, enough time to easily turn around and attack them back. I understand the kit is very annoying and easy to camp with, but I don't think it should be nerfed.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  9. If you're right in front of the chicken and they spam missiles, they will pretty much do this any time you get close and hardly miss a shot.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2020
  10. I agree, 90% of chickens are easy kills for me but every now and then one of them tries to waste 20 minutes by running forever, only to lose anyway. I feel like it’s more how the players use the kit though, nerfing chicken (which is already a weak kit) won’t fix the issue.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    _SquishE and Mitchy like this.
  11. I dont think chicken needs a nerf as it is already bad enough. It has almost no armor and the smash crystal is super bad bc most kits can easily escape it. Bc of that camping and spamming the missile, which is the only decent attack is the only good strategy. I have around 300 wins in SSM and as a chicken player i can tell you that aiming those missiles is harder than it seems, plus they like to randomly explode mid-air. Some kits like cow, which have a big hitbox and not many ranged air attacks are bad against chicken but kits like creeper can easily win against it by for example spamming sulfur bomb. I think chicken should first be buffed in some way before you even think about nerfing it in some other way.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  12. So you want to nerf the entire kit because one or 2 players are good at the kit and are able
    to beat you? Why cant we focus on the more common problems like ability spamming creepers and kits that take no skill.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    _SquishE and Mitchy like this.
  13. Chicken is vunerable close range too. Also if they are able to spam missile close range thats your fault. First because you allowed the chicken to get close range. Second because you didnt even try to jump out of the way when chicken was about to use its missile.

Its a glassy kit which is only effective close range where it can die in 3 hits, and you think thats overpowered?

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    DaGourmand likes this.
  14. kits should be nerfed when the average player base is able to use it to the extent that you describe with chicken (creeper, blaze). just because a few players are able to realize a kit's full potential doesn't mean that kit should be nerfed.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
  15. Heyo!

Chicken isn't very overpowered. It has been carefully balanced and it mostly just depends on which player is using it. For this reason, I don't think that there should be any changes.

Best,
    xFlattered

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    honnah likes this.
  16. I agree with what @lotix has said above, the hit boxes are very annoying. Going along with hit boxes, the amount of times they can fly is also very annoying.

Have a good day!

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    lotix likes this.
  17. By the way guys, I did post this after fighting HuntOnyx who is insanely good at chicken!

Both of the cases were from the same player after looking back at livestream footage!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 26, 2020
  18. I agree with this suggestions. Chickens can be very annoying the and the missiles don't get prevented by the creeper bombs.

Posted Apr 26, 2020
  19. chicken is bad don’t nerf it because some people are good at it and that annoys you

Posted Apr 26, 2020
  20. chicken sucks. fix the various bugs surrounding missiles and actually do something globally to combat stalling and suddenly the kit is tolerable to fight against

Posted Apr 26, 2020
    TooFewSecrets and Mitchy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.