• 2275 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10713 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

We need to prepare as a server against future Baritone AI bots in mini games

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by swimfan72, Aug 14, 2019.

1. So a popular anarchy Minecraft YouTuber, FitMC, has released some videos on the Baritone AI. Baritone is an AI that is made to flawlessly preform tasks in Minecraft ranging from mining and farming to PVPing with kill aura and bhops. I believe very soon that the Baritone AI will be used in not just anarchy servers, but will be widespread in -snip-, -snip-, and our own Mineplex. Just like another AI in the real world, DeepFake, this is a great advancement in technology, but will undoubtedly be used in the wrong hands. I will not be surprised by around the start of 2020 we will see Baritone bots flooding our servers and mini games destroying every player with perfect parkour path finding and PVP hacks. FitMC had made two videos here and here showing what these bots are capable of. As a software/game developer I am extremely impressed with how AI is going but human civilization is heading into 2020 which is the year I have always predicted AI to start to take over in good and bad ways. I know the Mineplex server and website have had anit VPN role outs but I doubt that will be enough at all to stop these bots from getting on the servers. Hopefully this thread will help acknowledge those who do not know much about AI and will also notify server mods, developers, and admins to start thinking of ways to prevent this rapture of bots that is bound to happen in 6 - 18 months.

Posted Aug 14, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 17, 2019
    Steven190, Strafer303, Danese and 4 others like this.
  2. This is actually an extremely impressive example of machine learning. Being an Informatics major this is so fascinating to me that this team has essentially built a fully functioning AI hacker. I can't really say how this would effect Mineplex and other large servers but hopefully they implement a way to keep Baritone off the server.

Very interesting post though.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  3. Yeah it is extremely impressive, I am pretty sure that if Baritone ever starts to invade MC servers Mojang and Microsoft would help the servers stop it with plugins.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2019
  4. I am pretty sure Mojang and Microsoft wouldn't let this happen. As these bots are also composed of hacked accounts most likely, if this were to happen to Mineplex I am pretty sure the staff will have it under control, but spreading awareness is always good as I didn't know Fit put videos out like this. Thanks for informing me and the best thing to do is to spread the word!

Also, if they are compromised accounts then make sure you change your password once every month or something as that will help keep your account safe if it is something no computer can make out. Make sure to have security questions enabled for your account as well and make sure to have 2FA on all your social media such as the forums, Discord, etc.

-Kyuine

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    SpookVegetables and swimfan72 like this.
  5. WE dont need this lol

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  6. the leading presidential candidate proclaims this

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    UwUBladings and swimfan72 like this.
  7. All we can hope for is for the gwen update to be very good.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    swimfan72 likes this.
  8. turn Gwen into a AI

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    UwUBladings likes this.
  9. <AI autoscript>

Nah, we'll be fine

</AI autoscript>

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  10. I personally don't think of this as a major problem for the staff team, but it is definitely something we should watch out for. With @ToonBasic developing the new GWEN update, it shouldn't be too hard to miss. So it is a problem, but we shouldn't worry about it since we have a lot of staff members that volunteer to spend their time moderating lobbies and servers, so we shouldn't have that big of an issue with this Baritone AI thing. So I think we are all in good hands if it ever does come into Mineplex.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  11. As future president I have been discussing things we should fix and worry about before it even happens.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah Gwen’s next few updates would definitely have some anti bot account baritone ai defense if it does ever become a problem. I know we are in good hands with Gwen but I thought it would still be important to acknowledge the whole community as I stated.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah Gwen’s next few updates would definitely have some anti bot account baritone ai defense if it does ever become a problem. I know we are in good hands with Gwen but I thought it would still be important to acknowledge the whole community as I stated.
    I guess only time will tell

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2019
  12. I just watched the video and I peed my pants at 3:20

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  13. Yes... let's hope so... Let's hope @ToonBasic is, indeed, the chosen one...

Anyways, this bot is extremely impressive. As a paranoid human, I predict Skynet is closer than we think it is...
    Anyways, for now, I agree that Mineplex needs to step up their game. At this point in time, GWEN is not enough against ordinary hackers, so how could it possibly prevent AI hack bots? There are many times Lobby-1 is filled with 10-40 spam bots that the staff has to manually deal with. Imagine the damage bots like these could do with AI, hacked clients, and GWEN bypass modifications. Not to mention that these bots could even learn how to hack without even needing an anti-GWEN modification. They could learn how to ghost and be nearly undetectable by anybody outside of QA who, as these bots continue to learn, will undoubtedly be, themselves, unable to differentiate between a bot and a legitimately decent player.

Then again... I'm just really paranoid.

Prepare for Judgement day!! Where is John Connor?!

-Dan

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  14. Yeah Gwen’s next few updates would definitely have some anti bot account baritone ai defense if it does ever become a problem. I know we are in good hands with Gwen but I thought it would still be important to acknowledge the whole community as I stated.
    yeah Baritone will only get better from here and it could even start a server war of just AI vs AI in the mini games

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 15, 2019
  15. Are we seriously getting to this point? If so, that is sad to see what this game is becoming.

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  16. What can you do about since you’re the anti cheat dev?

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  17. From a technical standpoint, I'm impressed that this has been created. I don't condone the use of this, but it is interesting to watch since it has to consider distance, speed, etc. all while trying to find the most efficient route. I really don't see this becoming an issue on servers that aren't anarchy-based though. The client makes so many "robotic" or illegitimate movements so I can't imagine that it would be very hard to detect. I would hate to see the day when a much more advanced version is released to the public though.

I don't think Mojang would intervene unfortunately. Compromised accounts are already such a prevalent issue that really hasn't ever been addressed. If this were to become an issue, I imagine it would be up to server owners and their staff team to handle.

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    Abbae, SpitefulNick, Kyuine and 3 others like this.
  18. I think this won't be a huge problem as if it did EVERYTHING with no problemo then it would be noticeable, like auto hits or auto mining or X-ray

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  19. I'm not worried. Gwen might need some updates to compensate. Also you will have to buy alts for these bots to run. Mineplex developers can easily add a captcha test to verify you are a player.

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    swimfan72 likes this.
  20. honestly I think it is incredible AI development but it is sad it will 9/10 most likely be used to greif/hack/bot spam. I guess you could be our savior if you make an anti-baritone Gwen update though.
    --- Post updated ---
    yeah but people always get around captchas, especially if they are smart enough to make an automated ai player.
    --- Post updated ---
    yeah an anti cheat probably wont be hard to develop for this hopefully.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also for those curious here is a video that shows these bots at full power destroying a PVP lobby.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 15, 2019
    pzazz, Kyuine and NothinButNetYT like this.