• 492 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3071 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

We need to change the player reporting system

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Pero Peric, Jan 26, 2020.

1. The current reporting system is good, but still need a lot of improvement. For example, those players with inventory editing client will never be reported because they can always argue that it was his teammates who gave them those dirty emeralds.

Here is something which make reporting a player easier:
    1. Add a timer. That way the admins can know the hacker got full diamond in the beginning of the match where getting enough emeralds for that is impossible.
    2. Remove the ability to trade emeralds for bricks. Players won't be able to make an excuse for getting emerald before having an emerald point.
    3. Add the feature so that players can only receive emeralds after getting an emerald point. Same idea as 2.
    4. Add a better reporting system. Players can report players that might be hacking. Admins can then observe the account to see whether they are hacking or not.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  2. Hey there!

I see where you are coming from with this, but remember that HERO+ can use the /report command, so if someone would have full diamond armor in thr beginning of the game, many people would've reported this hacker. You may be thinking : Why can't we who don't have HERO+ report players?

Well, it's to prevent abuse of this command. If everyone had access to it, then it would be many fake-reports.

Fortunately, there are other ways that those without HERO+ can report hackers.

Number 1 : Record the hacker and report it to www.mineplex.com/reports. Remember to have enough evidence!

Number 2 : You can join a Community called "StaffRequest" which allows you to report hackers directly to the staff team who's in this Community. In order to join this community, ask a Staff Member to invite you. I highly recommend it!

Also, you're saying that if someone has a lot of emeralds during early-game, and if you report this hacker, the player can say : "Oh, my teammate gave me these emeralds". Even though he/she might say that, the staff members will know if it's cheating or not, so don't worry abou that!

Overall, I don't think that the reporting-system needs to change. I gave you some tips to report hackers easier, so I hope that helped!

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  3. @Dan1el this is a Bedrock concern and not a Java concern. While those are extremely helpful for Java they do not so much apply to Bedrock!

I do think that the reporting system in Bedrock could do with a rewrite, it's just a question of when and how. There are just a few things that don't make so much sense in this idea and wouldn't really be all that practical on the Bedrock network.

This should definitely come soon, but for now, it's not the easiest of solutions. We have a good anti-cheat, and I'm sure developers are working as hard as they can to do this.

Not really possible. If we inspect someone we need to see it through our eyes and not rely on a timer that could be abused or forged to make it seem like a player is wrong even if they're not.

In my opinion, this just throws the balance of the game off. It's like this so that people who camp bridges don't have just every chance in the world to win the game and those that aren't lucky enough don't get emeralds properly.

So, -1 to the general ideas but thank you for bringing this up as a concern.​

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  4. Hello,
    I have to disagree with this. There is already a way to report hackers, and it doesn’t need any improvement as far as I’m concerned. I don’t think CakeWars should be altered because of the occasional hacker that you might come in contact with. I understand where you’re coming from but I don’t see any reason to change the report system, or CakeWars gameplay for that matter.
    Thanks for suggesting this!

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  5. Sorry to say your info is not relevant.

As for the thread, reporting hackers is fairly easy. It only tends to be difficult when your playing on a console, because uploading a video to YouTube takes a longer process. The anti cheat also seems to be a bit more reliable now than it was before.

I would agree with your 2nd point though. I never really understood why players would need to trade 20 bricks just for 1 emerald.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 and xGetRektedx like this.
  6. Admins do not handle reports that job falls to Sr. mods and some mods. What do you mean by observer the account?? How would a timer work to determine if a player has diamond armor early in the game?

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  7. Ok boomers just fix the kb and you can be able to hit them off or combo them to kill them,most of these types of hackers are not very good in the first place.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  8. The developers know about the Knock back glitch and I am sure they are working on that. The knock back could simply just be server lag trying to determine the client’s position.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  9. Uhh, that has been a problem since day 1, and it’s the way mineplex does it’s coding. It also has a lot to do with the player side, such as ping and how far you are from Chicago.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
    Steven190 likes this.
  10. I would not attribute the problem completely to Mineplex’s coding. The proximity to Chicago definitely plays a rule in that but with WiFi boosters and a good connection a player could be in New Zealand and have a better connection than someone in America. That’s a true example. The lag on the server can miss interpret a clients position and cause this. This could be fixed with code but it’s not Mineplex’s fault necessary, Minecraft is a buggy game.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
  11. Maybe they could give players the ability to report in game?

Posted Feb 6, 2020