• 1903 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1903 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

We need paintball guns to be paintball guns!

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by andr3w, Nov 21, 2020.

?

Would you like this idea to be added?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Heyo, Mineplexians!

Today I am writing about adding back a feature that was removed, but pretty unknown by the community. This subject would be Paintball Guns! This is an extremely common gadget that most Mineplexians have hundreds, even thousands of paintball guns. In the past, shooting a Paintball Gun at the ground would make it turn into colored clay. It also turned wool on the island into different colored wool! At this time, the Paintball Guns do nothing other than creating a few particle effects when they land.

I am here today to kindly ask for Paintball Guns to have their original use, which would be changing blocks such as grass blocks into different colored clay blocks! This would make Paintball Guns have a use as a gadget again, and be more like the original days of Mineplex a few years ago!

~~

Posted Nov 21, 2020
  2. I like this idea too! Maybe you could even create designs on the lobby ground by the use of different colors to create designsp

Posted Nov 21, 2020
    Anna ♡ and andr3w like this.
  3. I personally think this should be changed back too what it was before. I liked when I could use the paintball gadget and "paint" the whole lobby. I think it made the gadget have a bigger use than it has now. I use to see a lot of people running around using it before, and now I rarely see anyone use it and it just sits in my gadget list collecting more and more without me using it. I don't know why it was changed, maybe there was a bigger issue than we are aware of. However, if it's possible to change I think we should 100% change it back to how it was before. Great idea!

Posted Nov 21, 2020
  4. Aha, I agree!

After joining back after not being on for a while I noticed that the paint feature was gone when I used it, and it kinda made the gadget feel useless to me. The ability to change the blocks I shot into different colors was fun! Although it isn't the end of the world or anything to not have it, it was definitely great to play around with.

Good idea, and I support it ^v^

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  5. I have always thought about this and never really wondered why the paintball gun did what it does right now, as it never seemed special or what you'd expect the gadget to do. Now that I know it actually operated like the paintball guns in the gamemode, I would also love to see this brought back, as I almost never use the gadget due to how "boring" it currently is. If this was brought back, it would definitely make the gadget itself more enjoyable, and could bring out the "artist" in many users :)). I don't see any harm in this, and if plausible, hope it is brought back.

Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  6. Hey, if this idea is viable then I have no issue with it being brought back since it seems like a bit of fun. Thanks for the idea :)

Posted Nov 24, 2020
  7. Hello,

Personally, I agree with this idea. I would love to see this feature again on Mineplex. I don't think re-implementing it would be a hard work for the developers as it was a feature before. I'm sure if it's re-implemented, many players will use Paintball gadget more often as it would be more enjoyable to be able to color the blocks.
    Thank you for this suggestion! I give this a +1

Posted Nov 24, 2020
  8. Yo!

I want paintball guns to go back to normal. It makes sense for PAINTBALL guns to make the ground a different color, the game Sploor entails you holding a paintball gun and "painting" the area around you to win, so it doesn't make sense to have a paintball gun in lobbies that don't do what they do in games. Just a few particles is a bit boring, though one cosmetic currently is what this paintball gun would do which is why some may not want it, takes away the use of the Immortal reward but I don't mind it. Thanks for the idea! :D

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  9. please implement this, i have no clue why it was removed in the first place lmao

catch me tryin' to apply for artist with all the lobbies i'll be so flawlessly painting
    [​IMG]

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    andr3w likes this.