• 734 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5379 Players Online
  • 4645 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Water Bottles

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Paiynz, Feb 5, 2020.

?

Would you want this added?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. Just remove water bottles they make silencing so much worse

Posted Feb 5, 2020
  2. Silencing isn't so much the thing I'm concerned about, it's the ability to cleanse yourself of any debuffs so kits like knight and brute which rely a lot on slowness can't lock down a target if they have bottles.

Posted Feb 5, 2020
    2fat2toflyhxxh and Paiynz like this.
  3. Water bottles are not overpowered... if they are only able to be used in moderation. Currently they are a bit too easy to spam which makes every debuff (except marked for death and intimidation, since both of those aren't cleared) redundant. While I wouldn't like to see this aspect of the game go since it allows for every kit to have some sort of counter play, I would love to see an increased cool-down. Maybe an increased cool-down of 15s from the current 5s.

Posted Feb 8, 2020
  4. I don't think the cooldown is the issue, it doesn't matter if you have to wait 15 seconds to use another water bottle as you have already cleaned off the slowness/silence and can escape. A possible change would be that using a water bottle dilutes the power/time of the effect. For instance if you drink a bottle when you have slowness three for 5 seconds you'd then have slowness 2 for 2.5 (or some other number). This would make them useful but much less powerful, making slowness and silence viable.

Posted Feb 8, 2020
  5. I would honestly like to see water bottles removed or reverted back to just giving fire resistance, they are way too easy to make and they just completely cancel some abilities.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  6. We did have water bottle changes planned for this map (cooldown increase) but it's for another time.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  7. A cooldown increase won't do much, as the problem isn't people slamming water bottles every five seconds, the problem is that you can use them once to instantly remove status effects. I think nerfing them to only dilute the length/power of the effect would be a good nerf, or possibly giving the user weakness for a second or two after using it.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  8. The problem IS spamming water bottles in Clans.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  9. I mean the only reason they'd be useful to spam is if they remove all effects. I guess a greater cooldown would be better.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  10. I have to say I agree with this issue being brought forward. Having played Clans and Champs a while I know how bad it can be to easily unsilence and easily get away from a sin class (which is reliant mostly on said abilities) and then use more powerful classes like Knight and Brute to get back on the sin, killing them easily.

I think that a cooldown can be brought up to 8 seconds and the water bottle should negate the effects by 50%, that means:

Slowness II for 8 seconds with a water bottle turns into Slowness I for 4 seconds (for example).

I feel like this brings more balance to the game, but still makes water bottles useable and abilities of sin counterable by less agile and benefited classes that might be playing the game.​

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  11. A possible better nerf would be to remove some constant number of seconds (maybe 4) from all effects. This would make water bottles useful for removing low level abilities and make specking into higher levels of things like silencing arrow worth it.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  12. Well, now that recall is only assassin's escape ability bottles are now even more important to carry around. I don't think they should be removed regardless if there is still smoke bomb or recall. Like how others said before a higher cooldown would be a decent nerf.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
  13. They are important to assassin and really only assassin, they just provide for an easy out assassin and take the risk out of playing the kit as a whole, assassin should be the hardest kit to play but be rewarded for being used in the right situations by the right players. I want bottle's ability to cleanse crowd control to be completely removed because of this.

Posted Feb 12, 2020