• 1819 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10257 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Was this mute unfair

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by DaGourmand, Sep 15, 2019.

?

Was my mute justified

1. Yes This should be a serverity 3 mute

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No it should be a severity 1 or 2

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No it should've been a warning

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. No there shouldn't have been any punishment

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Today I was muted on my alt account for over 30 days for "discrimination" severity 3. I had said as a joke "men are trash" (I am male) and I feel like that shouldnt be enough to warrant a severity 3 mute considering severity 3 mutes are usually very severe toxicity like saying the N Word or telling someone to kill themselves. I do plan on making an appeal.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  2. I'm not very familiar with Mineplex's mute guidelines, but just my personal opinion is that context should be heavily looked at. Not to say joking makes something okay to say, but I think if it was joking it should warrant a warning first. Especially in cases of GR. That said, I could definitely see how this is discrimination, but it feels wrong to have something like this be regarded as the same as saying the n word or something to that degree.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  3. Heyoo!

They're all a very friendly staff team here at Mineplex, I'd reccommend reaching out to the member of staff that issued your punishment and asking them why / how they feel it was justified, then you might have chance to share a little context in the situation which may help your appeal. Stay friendly and calm at all times as acting frantic most likely will not help the situation.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  4. Hello @DaGourmand

I can certainly understand the position that you are in and although I cannot comment on the situation surrounding your mute since I am not aware of the context surrounding it, you can appeal your punishment at mineplex.com/appeals since you believe your punishment was unfair. In your appeal, you may explain everything you are explaining in this thread and plead your case. Before you submit your appeal, though, I would advise you to read our appeals guide at mineplex.com/appeal-guide. This guide will provide you with some helpful information that will increase the likelihood of your appeal being accepted.

Since your concern has been addressed, I will be locking this thread. If you have any questions about appealing your punishment, please feel free to reach out to me over the forums.

Thread locked > concern addressed.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.