• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7383 Players Online
  • 4493 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Was playing turf wars today when a hacker caused me to get kicked.

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Benny1215, Jul 20, 2020.

?

Why did I get kicked when I wasn't hacking?

1. Its my fault, somehow?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. hacker? idk I have to add a poll to post here

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, this is my first post here so I dont know if this is the wrong place to post this. Basically I was playing my favorite game: Turf wars, when an annoying hacker joined, they spawned a bunch of ghasts, and completely destroyed the turf leaving only void, because of this I stayed in my house just trying to avoid the void, when I suddenly was kicked for hacking?! Obvisouly I wasnt the one hacking, so what happend? i didnt catch the hacker, so I dont have a name for them :/

Posted Jul 20, 2020
    Perseus likes this.
  2. Hey!

Due to the map being in a state of which it was not intended to be in (destroyed with only void left), the anti cheat may have detected that and gotten glitched up forcing it to unfortunately kick the wrong player, you. If you were simply kicked, ignore it as it does not affect you in anyway. Simply rejoin the server and continue playing.

For future, if you do come across players breaking the server rules, such as hacking, feel free to gather evidence and report them @ https://www.mineplex.com/reports

Posted Jul 20, 2020
    Benny1215 and franzj like this.
  3. Something weird happened to me too during Turf Wars the other day... I was playing on the blue team, when a player with the name Forbidden Breeze from the red team suddenly appeared ON OUR TURF IN THE RESPAWN AREA and started killing us- and all Turf Wars players know that players can't go on each other's turf! I don't know if this was a bug or a hack, so I don't know what to report it as. (He/She) was also shooting what appeared to be flaming dipped arrows (and also seemed to be shooting through blocks), but that may have just been a particle cosmetic. This has all got me more confused than Wheatley when he saw himself human for the first time (lol Blue Sky reference [I am a girl of many fandoms.]). Please let me know if something similar has happened to you, if you know what actually happened, what to classify this ordeal as, or if you know this player.

Posted Jul 20, 2020
    jq6 and Benny1215 like this.
  4. There’s a kit that allows you to cross onto another Turf- the infiltrator kit. It allows for a player to go onto the other team’s tuft, although their arrows don’t kill instantly and they have slowness while on your side. If you think they were hacking, then there’s really nothing that can be done about it without evidence. For future references, if you get evidence, you can submit a report at www.mineplex.com/reports. If you think you have encountered a bug, report it at www.mineplex.com/bugs. The part about the “flame tipped arrows”, it either could be a cosmetic, or the player was item spawning and obtained a flame bow, so they were likely hacking. Arrows shouldn’t go through walls either, so that seems like a bug to me, or perhaps it just looked like that. I’m not aware of any hack that can allow you to do that either. Anyway, there are a few things here that say the player may not have been hacking, but they also could have been hacking as well.

Posted Jul 20, 2020
    510bike and Benny1215 like this.
  5. Oh ok thank you this makes sense

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 20, 2020
    Perseus likes this.
  6. yes! I played against them today and no it wasn’t a kit they killed me multiple times with one hit kill. My best guess would be that they used a map exploit to get inside. They traveled behind the walls and somehow got in and spawn killed us multiple times, but the arrow thing is a cosmetic thing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 20, 2020
    Purplecat5154 and Perseus like this.
  7. The same thing has happened to me before except the hacker gave everyone positive and negative potion effects. Then the anti-cheat system sensed that everyone except for the hacker had potions and kicked them. This was the first time I got kicked so I was a little scared to see if I could rejoin MP lol. Then I started getting kicked more for being good and getting lots of kills which kind of sux. The anticheat needs a lot of work.

Posted Jul 20, 2020
    Legend998 and Benny1215 like this.
  8. this has never happened to me before, but that would be really annoying. And ya the anti cheat needs some work.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 21, 2020
    Perseus likes this.
  9. What are the odds? I played them today as well and noticed the same thing, but they had 1 hit kill.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 21, 2020
    Perseus likes this.
  10. Hello.
    As stated above, this is a result of the anti-cheat. In some cases due to lag or the fact that blocks were destroyed when they weren’t intended to be, the anti-cheat will kick users. It’s helpful but it isn’t perfect, sorry about the convenience!
    For future reference, you can report hackers @ https://www.mineplex.com/reports

Since the OP’s concern has been addressed, I’m gonna go ahead and lock this thread. Feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns.

Posted Jul 21, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.