• 2473 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5052 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Was Gwen fixed?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by CartiB, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wanted to ask if the cheat detection has improved because I see less players on it could be school but I think majority hacked. Could Gwen have been improved staff?

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  2. I can't really say much about the actual systems including GWEN - 1. because I, myself, am not too knowledgable on codebases or the internal status and 2. I am held by guidelines so I can't say too much. What I can say is GWEN is certainly been improved, internally the system is tightened and will punish for certain offences and highlight them in more detail - we have worked extensively on pushing this!​

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    Frqstbite and Xion like this.
  3. From what I've heard, GWEN always receives silent updates. These updates are silent so that hackers don't know that it changed. To add on, GWEN has a ban-wave system, so many hackers don't get banned immediately - but rather banned when they log back in. This is to make it more difficult for hacked client developers to know exactly what part of their module got them banned.

That's all I really know about this topic, but I hope I helped!
    ~Xion

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    Frqstbite and FluteVegetables like this.
  4. Oh that’s actually super interesting

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  5. Is GWEN fixed? Idk if that can even be a sentence lmao we have 0 devs to keep it up to date. That's why bhoppers are rampant. Literally 70-80% of the SG games I play have a bhopper or blatant hacker. Doesn't seem like it will be fixed anytime soon honestly. Hate to keep saying all this bad stuff about Mineplex but it's the truth.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  6. Hello,

So I'd like to provide as much information that I reliably know about this topic. We had an anticheat dev, but do to circumstances, that code is currently not being used on the network. Instead, two other developers coded a new check for GWEN and that's the only update that I know actually happened.

I can say with less certainty that GWEN is getting silent updates, periodically players notice the server restart and hackers starting to get banned with more speed and accuracy which is a sign that GWEN updates may be occurring. Of course, game breaking bugs related to GWEN like the Clans bug that happened a week ago does get patched fairly quickly.

What's important is the fact that you are noticing less hackers on the server overall. Personally, I really don't see many around and I hope that the number continues to decline.

Thanks,
    Techno

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  7. Hello,

I have spoken with a few members of our Quality Assurance team and they have told me that GWEN is being updated frequently; however, there is not much more that we can say since they are under NDA and the rest of us staff members follow certain policies. Since your question has been answered, I'll lock this thread. Please send me a message if you have any further concerns.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Xion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.