• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Warnings and their small problem.

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Cardyceps, Jan 22, 2020.

?

Is it a good idea that has some potential of making Mineplex a better place?

1. Yes, it is a good idea.

9.5%
  2. Yes,but it needs more details

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure.

14.3%
  4. No, I don't think that this is needed

47.6%
  5. NO, Mineplex shouldn't even bother to change the expiration time!

28.6%
  1. I highly disagree with this statement. Just because you’re 13 doesn’t mean you aren’t mature or experienced. Age doesn’t matter. You don’t have to be 15 or 16 to know how to be responsible. I know plenty of adults that aren’t mature. As for 13 year olds, I know a lot of them that do display matureness. I think this comment is very wrong and lacks truth.

As for the idea, I don’t think it should be implemented. You should be aware of the punishments of breaking the rules and I don’t think leniency with the warning times is going to reach anyone anything. If you broke the rules, then you should at least have to wait a while for your punishment to be deducted. And for the Trainee wait, I don’t think that the wait time should be decreased. If you got denied, there’s a good reason behind it. You should take time to grow as a person and develop a better way to present yourself. I don’t think the rules should change just because people don’t want to wait to reapply. If you want to display Trainee worth qualities, I think patience is a good one to possess. -1 for me.

~LT

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    xGetRektedx and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  2. Actually, I happen to know a 13 year old who is very mature and is in fact, a Trainee. Age doesn’t matter, it’s how you act that matters. There is no reason a 13 year old can’t become a member of the Mineplex staff team, as they could be more mature than a 15-16 year old. Don’t ever underestimate someone’s ability to be mature, as you aren’t being very mature by saying this at all. This post is very stereotype. I have to disagree with it strongly, in future, maybe think before you act.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  3. Exactly :3

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  4. Age does matter. There may be immature adults but even the most immature adults are going to be more mature than almost every single 13 year old. 13 year olds brains simply aren't developed enough. This is not rudeness, it is simply a fact. I certainly grew up a lot between 13 and 16

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  5. Look, we understand you’re not trying to be rude, but your statement is somewhat incorrect. Yes, 16 year old’s brains are more developed than a 13 year old’s, but that doesn’t mean they’re more mature than 13 year olds. I know quite a few people who are very mature at an early age, as well as older kids who aren’t.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  6. I'll have to disagree with this.

Even if someone does accidentally break the rules like light advertising or necro-posting, even if it's strict treating them the same as one who intentionally breaks it, they still broke said rule. They'll know with the warning point that they made a mistake and if they had no intentions in the first place of breaking the rule, they won't do it again.

Generally, if you read the rules, you'll know what's acceptable and not acceptable. Yet again, if you receive warning points for light advertising and you didn't intend on breaking that rule, you'll know for next time.

The system currently is fine, the expiration time doesn't make much of a difference to someone who doesn't intend on breaking the rules, and if they made an honest mistake of light advertising, they'll know for next time.

Oscaros_ here also has very good input from the inside perspective of a staff member on the forums team.

Since everyone else loves replying to this; A 13 year old can definitely be mature in terms of how they act, read, write; but generally, I'll compare them to an 18 year here as an example (unfair but go with it,) a 13 year old can never obtain the life experience that an 18 year old can when speaking about the potential of; driving, finances, education, working. I see people here overlooking those aspects. I'll say though that if a 13 year old can perform the duties of a position here the same way an older individual can, why would it make a huge difference? There's also a certain process that takes place with underage applicants as well.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  7. I've always been a stickler for the rules.
    except for certain Mineplex ones.
    annd that's why I liked your post!

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  8. I don't want to turn this into a big argument as I don't want to stray too far away from what this thread is really about but I am going to have to disagree with what you said. Having been in a mentoring position on the staff team for over 3 years, I can with confidence, confirm that there are plenty of mature staff members who are under the age of 16. To start, the age requirement is 14, not 13. Anyone under the age of 14 goes through a much more lengthy process to ensure they are in fact fit for the position. As stipulated by someone else, there are plenty of immature adults as well and ultimately the recruitment process is designed to weed out any applicants who lack the maturity needed to be in a position where the represent Mineplex. I also don't believe there is any valid way to quantify how a 15 year old is more mature than a 14 year old to such an extent that we would need to change the age limit. I also think it would be ill-advised to change the requirement based off assumptions when in reality, factors like environment and other life experiences can shape how mature an individual is and I've seen many people under the age of 16 have been very successful and capable of being in the position.

Now, to address what the thread is about, I am also going to have to disagree. I agree that it sucks to have to wait a month for 1 warning point but I feel like 30 days is appropriate and we don't want to incentivize rule-breaking by all of a sudden dramatically reducing the length which warning points remain on someone's record. A lot of the smaller, less severe rules are there for a reason and we shouldn't really take away their importance by having them warrant such small, inconsistent consequences. It's not like warning points prevent you from using the forums either, it's more just something that's on your record. I also firmly believe that punishments are a good way to have people reflect on what they've done so they don't do the same thing again in the future and I believe this goes for punishments in-game as well.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
  9. I'm 11 man, and if you're completely discrediting someone because of age, you're the immature one.

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  10. You will agree with me when you are 18.

Posted Jan 29, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  11. I will not. I have already seen my fair share of immaturity of kids on the Internet, but there are good, mature, kids out there.

Posted Jan 31, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  12. I agree with you. There are many good kids. I would also like to say that there are MANY bad adults who don't want to behave properly. Karens, anti-vax mothers, super duper religious parents and many more.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 31, 2020
    TheDiamondKittyGaming likes this.
  13. There is a difference with being polite and appropriate and being mature.

Posted Feb 1, 2020