• 1207 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9645 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Warning: Avoid Using This Method

Discussion in 'Death Tag' started by KingTrame, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Hello!
    If you're a person who frequents Death Tag (gross, right?), then I'm sure you probably know a few ways to counter traitor's knockback. You could wedge yourself in a corner, keep a high momentum towards them as you fight them, etc.
    There are also people who often counter it like this:

This is an example of a person moving towards a traitor, while standing on a lower level than the traitor. This only works if the person is not jumping, as seen in the video. This is because the combination of the angle of the traitor's push, the resulting block friction, and momentum of the player being hit work together to nullify the knockback. When the player jumps, this eliminates the friction, causing knockback.
    I am warning you not to use this method! I would also recommend against sneaking against an edge on a lower layer.
    As I have recently found out, staff members will ban you for this. Continuous use of this method will just look like anti-knockback to them, as most don't play Death Tag and thus don't understand the game's mechanics.
    If you do intend to continue to use this method to defend yourself against traitors, I suggest that you do one or both of the following:
    1. Avoid mixed arcade. Players here will be more likely to report you for it, as they likely won't understand the game's mechanics either.
    2. Record. By recording yourself playing whenever you know you will be using this method frequently (Let's say you're in a lobby where multiple people are targeting you), record yourself. If you do get banned for it, the recording is insanely useful. Otherwise, the appeal process will be a nightmare. Trust me. They won't test it.
    This is a PSA of sorts, so learn from my mistakes and don't get false-banned.Yikes.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    x3bood, Yato, Danese and 1 other person like this.
  2. Traitors hate him! Learn how this man disrupted an entire industry of traitors!

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Yato and Danese like this.
  3. Lmao. You're right, they usually do.
    I'm just over here hoping I didn't come off as too salty at the staff (in retrospect that's how it looks) because that wasn't exactly what I wanted. That's what I get for making it directly after getting the bad news though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 19, 2019