• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5220 Players Online
  • 5220 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Warlock Kit (SG)

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by LoveHacks, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Hello everyone! I just want to express my opinion, an opinion that a lot of people can agree with me on, and that is the terrible warlock kit. Usually on mineplex, the achievement kit for a certain game mode is the hardest kit to get, as it requires skill and time dedication to receive, but I simply don't see the value in this kit, nor do I see why it's the hardest kit to obtain. Now I do understand that there may be some people that actually enjoy using this kit, but it's safe to say that most people that do have this kit don't use it. This is not a thread to bring back horseman, as I believe that the horseman kit was unfair and glitched, but just a suggestion that you should buff the warlock kit, or change it to something completely different, as it is the hardest kit to obtain in Survival Games. I would love to hear feedback on the kit, and if you agree with me or not. Thank you for your time.

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    Rqckin and Amg like this.
  2. Horseman wasn't broken change my mind. The kit was a bit giltchy, but not broken, especially after they nerfed the health. Change my mind.

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    Amg likes this.
  3. Hi there!

As an active SG player, I can agree with your post 100%. To clarify something before I share my opinion, I have only used this achievement kit a couple of times. However, I am fairly certain that this kit either needs a buff or needs to be rethought all together. I think I like the concept of being able to "repel" other players by dealing a large amount of knockback in an area, but it is not powerful enough. I feel like the kit itself does not feel like an "achievement kit," but rather, one of the basic starter kits. Whilst using the kit, I have noticed it will either knocks back a player a couple blocks or not at all. (Given the player may be lagging) Maybe they could increase the amount of time the "repel" last, or increase the block radius in which the kit works. I do miss the Horse achievement kit. The challenges you'd have to complete were worth it because the Horse kit was the first mount kit and it was just glitchy sometimes. While horse kit players were annoying to fight at times, at least it was worth the time and dedication you put in towards gaining access to the achievement kit.

Posted Aug 12, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 12, 2020
  4. Heyo!
    I’m slowly starting to get back into SG, as it’s actually been a lot more enjoyable to play as of late. Honestly, I wholeheartedly agree with what you are saying! To get this kit, you’d have to complete all of the achievements necessary to acquire a super powerful kit. In my opinion, Warlock is kind of underwhelming compared to the other kits.

Thank you so much for making this thread! I’m going to give this a +1

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    Amg likes this.
  5. Like staff are gonna listen.. Look at the SW update, obviously didn't listen to the community on that one.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  6. I think Warlock is an amazing kit! In fact, I'd go as far to say that it is the best kit ever in existence on mineplex! NO CAP! It's perfectly balanced in just about every way making it a great kit to work towards for the achievement. It's such a great kit in 4v1s. You just use repel and it works 1/10 times per use and it INSTA KILLS everyone around you with 'corrupt magic'. It's a really amazing ability. Wish the sweats stopped using barbarian and used this amazing S-Tier kit. All the sweats would be winning 10 games per hour instead of 3. Warlock makes you an amazing player and it will forever be my favorite kit.

lol.

Posted Aug 15, 2020
  7. Hey!

As someone who plays SG frequently, I would also agree that the Warlock kit could be replaced. The achievements to unlock the kit are quite tough to complete, so I believe that a better achievement kit could be in use to reward the players for their hard work. If you have any ideas for a possible new kit, you can post them here: https://www.mineplex.com/forums/new-kit-discussion.42/

Overall, I agree with your idea! +1 Have a good rest of your day!

Posted Aug 15, 2020
  8. yeah agreed, the kit is easily the worst kit in the game right now. little potential in 1v1's, mostly only useful for running and playing passively for regen.

i've been thinking up some buffs such as buffing the regen to be equal to that of a mushroom stew, that way it's a free stew to take advantage of in fights but i think repel needs an equally large buff.

Posted Aug 16, 2020
    Amg likes this.
  9. Hey!
    Yea, going to have to completely agree with you on this one. I'd say I play SG frequently and see many people that have this kit either go Barbarian or Knight (which are a LOT better). I think that as for an achievement kit, people should want to work their way to it, motivated and going through the difficult achievements to get something unique. Sadly, it's overshadowed by other kits and looked down upon for its abilities. I feel as if the kit should get a rework or a buff, just as others said above me, and having the repel ability do more. Before the switch to Warlock, I used Horseman a LOT (mainly because of how fun it was, but this was a few years ago)
    I think I'm going to try using Warlock in a few games and see how I do, but otherwise +1 from me. Have a good day!

Posted Aug 16, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  10. While I do agree that horsemen deserved to be replaced with a kit due to its frequent glitches along with the speed of the horse being drastically unfair to certain kits. The Warlock kit in my opinion has nothing worth making it an achievement kit. Personally I like the kit and think it should stay as a kit in the game. However, I'm thinking along the lines of buffing it slightly, then changing it to a 5000 gem kit and rethinking a new achievement kit for SG. I think repel works decently when I need to have a little bit more space between me and my opponent. However, sometimes it doesn't knock them that far and even when it does if they're barbarian they can pull me right back in. Overall I think the kit needs a buff and needs to be changed to a purchasable kit via gems rather than it being an achievement kit.

Posted Aug 16, 2020
    Paladise likes this.