• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5271 Players Online
  • 5271 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Warlock Kit REWORK

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Aaron., Aug 22, 2020.

?

What do you think of the rework idea?

Poll closed Aug 29, 2020.
  1. Balanced. Nice idea dude!

28.6%
  2. May need tweaks, but I do like this rework.

71.4%
  3. Not interested in the idea/too overpowered.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Greetings,

So I've been playing lots of Survival Games and looking at the use of different kits in the game I frequently see Axeman, Knight, and Barbarians the most. Now, that would mean that a lot of kits aren't used often but one kit really not used is Warlock. This is the achievement kit, so that's one reason why it could be so unused but the truth is that the kit is practically a joke. To me, I see this kit as a worst version of Brawler and that is a huge problem since Warlock is clearly overshadowed by Brawler as a result. I have a unique idea for Warlock to have it's own special utility and definitely give it some popularity, without being considered "broken".

Warlock Definition: A sorcerer that focuses in the dark arts.

The following is my rework to the Warlock Kit.

Warlock
    - Grants the passive Dark Shield. Take -1 damage from all projectiles. This should make snowballs/eggs useless which is intended but if this is not liked then make it so the damage is gone, but the knockback remains.
    - Grants the ability Nullificaction. Right-clicking your sword while facing a player within 14 blocks will cast a curse on your enemy instantly that disables the powers of their enchantments for 4s. 18s cooldown. Enemy's enchantments should be disabled immediately. When casted, a purple ring appears around the target. It's the same particle animation that is currently around the user when they use "Repel". Plays the repel sound for 1s when the player uses the skill and plays the ghast death sound once on the player who is targeted with Nullifcation.
    - Grants the kill effect Blood Regeneration. Getting a kill gives you regeneration 2 for 4s. This is the equivalent to a mushroom soup item.

Give me your thoughts below? Does this seem too much? Does this seem too powerful? Do you like/hate the idea? GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK!!! Everything helps, really.

FYI: Assassin also has 3 different perks so don't think that this is too much for 1 kit. If you think about it, these perks aren't too powerful though they may look it.

If you vote "Not interested in the idea" please state why or your vote will be disregarded.

Posted Aug 22, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 23, 2020
    Hubble likes this.
  2. I like the part about it being a regen kit. The enchantment disabling thingy probably isn't feasible to code. Wouldn't dark shield negate all rods as well? Instantly making it the best kit?

Posted Aug 24, 2020
    Hubble likes this.
  3. 1. Idk if its possible to code or not, pretend it does for now.
    2. Rods arent effected by the passive.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 24, 2020
  4. How about giving weakness to nearby players for like 8 seconds instead?

Posted Aug 24, 2020
    Hubble likes this.
  5. Ill take that into consideration only if my current idea cannot be coded.

OP OP
    Hubble likes this.
  6. Even if it can, it doesn't seem that useful. What if the person you're fighting has no enchantments? What if they're bad enchantments that don't do anything? It would be a completely useless ability.

Posted Aug 24, 2020
    Aaron. and Hubble like this.
  7. I personally love Warlock kit as sometimes it can be super useful if you need to pop some food, launch someone into lava or off a ledge, and the like. While Horseman was over-powered, Warlock surely is under-powered compared to mostly every other kit. I'd personally love to see this kit idea considering brawler is an instant hit within the radius of effect while warlock requires you to hit your opponent which can be an issue when you're getting combo'd by your opponent. Unlike brawler, who can throw opponents in a combo off and deal large amounts of fall damage while flinging their opponent away from them, warlock simply doesn't have this luxury as, again, it requires you to hit them while you have the effect on, not to mention the cool down times between these two kits is drastically different when considering the duration of a fight and running when low.

TL:DR; I absolutely agree with this tweaking and I think it's something that should, at the very least, be looked in to for Warlock Kit. Brawler has its evident advantages over warlock, and both do the same job essentially but with different requirements for doing such and different punishes for landing the ability.

Posted Aug 24, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  8. Thanks for the feedback! Others are also very intrigued by this unique idea I've come up with.

OP OP
  9. It's not as useful until endgame where it matters most. This ability is very powerful because while you can temproarily disable the enchantments on one player, you're essentially buffing yourself since they'll be more vulnerable. Never underestimate enchantments because I've found that they really make a difference in fights.

OP OP
  10. Dark Shield only reduces damage from attacks. A fishing rod deals no damage and there is no knockback reduction in this passive. Not sure why you mentioned that...

OP OP
  11. Thanks for the feedback! Other players have found this idea intriguing.

OP OP