• 908 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9087 Players Online
  • 8179 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

W t h is up now

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Toastie, Apr 7, 2021.

1. So I've been playing survival again because it brings back many memories and there isn't much all else to do atm, it's been working 'fine' as much as it can be even though there's still tones of lag, loading errors, servers down etc etc etc...the usual, but I've come on today and I can't drop anything? my hot bar is completely and utterly screwed like most things in this game but this really tops the cake. I can't drop items that are enchanted unless I die and I can't put things in my hot bar at all, it just pings back into the chest or inventory. Seriously it's been months, and months, and months and STILL there isn't any changes or fixes to anything and is STILL a buggy mess.

W T H IS GOING ON HELLLLLOOOOOOO?

frustrating af honestly. So much for 'things are being improved', Mhhhmmmmm yeah sure, things are 'totally' being sorted, take your time, I've got another few thousand months to wait oh yeah, it'll be the year 2034 by the time this game is sorted out.

For the LOVE of GOD. SORT. IT. OUT.

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  2. play reg survival or switch servers lol, just watch the forums to see if its fixed if you really care about it

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  3. POINTLESS.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2021
    JeffTried, thawazp and MaybeMulti like this.
  4. not my fault you wont get your bug fix, nothing you can do

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  5. Do you think he would be posting it on the survival forum if he just wanted to play regular survival on his own world?

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  6. Welp, I feel you, Toastie.

I cant drop my items or move them into chests or shulkers. They just go back to my inventory :/

Posted Apr 9, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 21, 2021
    Toastie, JeffTried and thawazp like this.
  7. Is this still happening for you? A fix was issued out a couple of hours ago to fix issues with moving items.

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  8. Oh, wait really? Thanks for reminding!

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  9. Hey there @Toastie! I apologize that you’re experiencing these issues in Survival and I do understand that they can be demotivating, as they affect gameplay. Although it may not be any consolation, as a result of seeing this post, I wanted to sit down and address what I could about the concerns that you’ve voiced within this thread.

With Survival being one of the more popular game choices by players on our Bedrock Platform, this ultimately means there’s going to be more player traffic/population in each Survival Server. This explains why we have a couple of Survival Servers in which players can play on - (Because the player base is fairly large) - With more players trafficking through each Survival Server, I personally believe the lag comes from the amount of players who gather in one server and most importantly, the amount of blocks being placed around each respective map. I don’t really play Survival too often myself, however in the times that I have played Survival on Bedrock, I find an extensive amount of block structures/random structures placed around the map. I again, assume that’s where most of the lag comes from.

As far as loading issues, I’m assuming you’re either talking about chunks or possibly when you try and join Survival through the lobby NPC. (Correct me if I’m wrong)

I assume chunks don’t load properly/fast on Survival because of again, the amount of structures around the map. There’s lots of area in Survival and I can understand why chunks may not load as fast as a clear map. If you’re referring to joining through the lobby NPC - Sometimes you have spam the NPC and from my understanding, at times, it may tell you that you’re already transferring lobbies. (Although you haven’t joined yet) - I understand that this issue can be quite frustrating, but this issue is known and is hoped to be fixed with the new hardware coming to the Bedrock Platform in the future.

Yes, Survival servers do sometimes go down for maintenance. While I can understand how this is frustrating for players who want to continue their vanilla experience, I personally feel that it’s necessary that they go down for maintenance from time to time.

This is what the error message for maintenance looks like:
    [​IMG]

If you would like to continue playing Survival while your Survival Server is down for maintenance, from my understanding you can play another server while it’s online. These other online servers are accessible by using /ftp or /party with a friend. - Otherwise there’s no way of accessing the Survival server that’s down for maintenance until it comes back up online.

Hopefully all of these issues will resolved with the upcoming new Survival season in the future. There has been discussion of resetting the map, in which should respectfully help lag issues, as it would eliminate all random block placements. In addition to a new season of Survival, again, hopefully we see the new hardware make an appearance on Bedrock relatively soon. I personally feel that it will help with a lot of the lag issues and allow more players to be distributed throughout the server. (With more servers opening)

From my understanding, this bug became an issue more of recently with the recent Minecraft update pushed out by Microsoft/Mojang. As addressed above by @DaPBillk I believe a fix for this was issued out earlier and I’m curious if you’re still experiencing these issues? - If you are, I can assure you that the issue is known and a fix is being worked on.

I ask that you please understand that coding and development takes time. While that’s something you may not want to hear, that what it ultimately comes down to. I’m not a Developer or experienced by any means, I do know that it takes time to properly ensure everything is coded properly. I would also like to remind you that Bedrock is still under major Development and with that, bugs are unfortunately going to be prevalent/common. It’s a process that we have to be patient for unfortunately.

I hope this helped shed some light on some things, albeit I’m not a Survival player. If you have any further questions and/or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me!

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  10. Items still stuck after fix, lag is tremendous and it’s impossible to craft anything new players are coming and leaving because they can’t even get wood and I can’t make a lever

there were none of these issues before dev removed a good portion of the game with the excuse it would fix lag and make the game more stable etc it’s been nothing but issue after issue since then can’t eat gapples, can’t use buckets, whole servers unclaimed, can’t enchant or use anvils, extreme lag, loss of playerbase, ruined economy, no way to travel, and now it’s can’t craft or move items in inventory at all and even worse lag, coding takes time is no excuse when if everything that’s been done since the dev started were reverted there would be none of these problems they have all been caused by the dev not solved by them it’s absolutely absurd and unacceptable

My last response was removed because apparently saying this response is ridiculous and serves no purpose/ shouldn’t be here is unnecessary negativity but the post itself isn’t somehow

Posted Apr 9, 2021,
  11. Sorry about the inconvenience,
    There were plenty of bugs introduced during 1.16.220 as protocol changes were made which we the server has to adapt to. They were not intentionally added or anything like that.
    But regarding the issue, we are aware of crafting and it has been forwarded to the appropriate developers. Regarding the items, just to be sure we're on the same page. Do you mean you can't move a item to another slot in your inventory? If so, would you happen to be near/in the EU region? The fix was rolled out to both regions, but maybe it wasn't fully rolled out

Posted Apr 9, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 9, 2021
  12. Can’t move them out of the slot they’re in and I’m in the us most of them were fixed but they’re still some stuff stuck that I can’t move I’d just die and get then out that way but last time I did that I lost 250 xp levels

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  13. Do you know what specific items they were? Are you sure it's not the issue with shulkers creating immovable spots?

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  14. Ok so to start off, the issue with enchanted items not being able to be dropped or moved out of an inventory is effecting the entire Mineplex Network, not just survival mode. The issue was most likely a result of the new Minecraft update recently released. Now I agree Survival Mode is a lot of fun to play and it brings back great memories. There are also a lot of bugs or features that are not properly working. Mineplex is planning on updating Survival Mode eventually. Meanwhile you can help them out by reporting bugs at www.mineplex.com/pebugs. This will help them identify issues and fix them to improve gameplay. Now there have been numerous improvements made to Mineplex Survival Mod and Mineplex as a whole. For instance item spawning is a thing of the past along with Custom NBT data mobs which were causing a lot of issues. Numerous unobtainable blocks were also removed from Survival Mode. So progress has definitely been made.

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  15. There’s a boat, armor, and gear (sword pick shovel and ax) stuck

That’s when all the problems started, after all of the removals and updates that have been done since then the game has become almost unplayable it’s worse than it ever was before and what about all the normal stuff that shouldn’t have been removed that has made most of the playerbase leave or have absolutely nothing to do and no way to do it, these were not improvements only detriments

Posted Apr 9, 2021,
  16. The normal stuff that was removed may have seemed like normal blocks and items but they were removed because they could not be naturally obtained in Mineplex Survival Mode. Also, the enchanted items glitch where the items could not be moved seems to be fixed.

Posted Apr 10, 2021
  17. Nothing can be obtained and there’s still no legitimate reason that decorative blocks that serve no other purpose, seems like I can move my gear and armor but their is still a boat stuck ig I’ll have to die to get it out also any word on when players will be able to craft again or use anvils? There are new players joining constantly who can’t even start playing because they can’t turn logs into wood I see them in chat constantly unable to even attempt to play the game

Posted Apr 10, 2021
    MaybeMulti likes this.
  18. Some players had access to anvils but I am not exactly sure how they were able to use them.

Posted Apr 10, 2021
  19. Many people have anvils but at current the only way players are able to rename things is with hacks so if you see players who are able to rename their gear it means they are cheating and there is no way to combine enchantments etc right now but in the past both of these things worked fine as intended also does that mean no fix for this or crafting is coming?

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  20. The issue with crafting has been forwarded to the backend developers and will be fixed. I do not have a timeframe as to when, but it will be fixed. It is also intentional for anvils to prevent you from naming as this allows players to name items inappropriately.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    Degagelemming95 likes this.