• 1000 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1000 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Voting

Discussion in 'Help' started by BabyBlueberry, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hullo!

Earlier today I was looking through my daily rewards and such and was going to vote. I clicked on the link, and my antivirus software blocked the link because the link had a pup (potentially unwanted program). Can someone explain why? It's a little unnerving.

Posted Jan 18, 2019
  2. Heyo!

First off, I'm sad to hear about this experience. c; Based on what I know, this should not happen. There are a lot of different antivirus software that act in different ways when visiting certain sites for a reason or another. What I'd suggest you do in this case is to try out different voting links as there are quite many of them. I'm just quickly going to mention the links:

Vote1
    Vote2
    Vote3
    Vote4

If this doesn't fix the issue, I'd recommend you check out your antivirus software's settings. On the other hand, those voting sites contain adds that can explain your issue. If this is the case, then there really isn't much that can be done, sadly. c; However, these voting sites should be safe as if they wouldn't be, Mineplex wouldn't share those kinds of links to their players.

Hopefully, I was able to help you out as throughout as possible. If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'd be glad to help you out! c; Have a nice day.

Posted Jan 18, 2019
  3. Hey! Thanks for getting back to me.

I just clicked on every vote link you listed to see if they were all that was and every single one was blocked for a PUP. I use Malwarebytes and never ever has any other voting website for any other server done this, which is why it makes me weary.

Voting websites are simply voting anyways. You get PUPs thrugh downloading something in some sort of fashion. That'sssss a little scary. It could be the ads, but I've never experienced an ad (or my anti-virus software) act that way unless I clicked on the ad.

You're 100% certain that the voting websites aren't trying to have you download anything? It's okay if it is - as long as why is explained to me.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2019
  4. Heyo again!

As far as I'm aware, these sites are not trying to have a user download anything. I have voted through those sites many times and have never experienced anything like that. c;

Please let me know if you have any further questions. :)

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  5. Alright. I'll have Malwarebytes remove those from my list of threats. c:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2019
  6. Voting websites don't make you download anything; they're there simply to have you vote and nothing else. It's most likely a problem with your antivirus software, so I would follow what Kisme stated above. Have Malwarebytes remove them from your list of threats if you can, because I can guarantee you that Mineplex would never have you download anything suspicious. As I've said, it's probably an issue with your antivirus software.

I'm going to lock this thread as your concern has been addressed. If you have any further questions feel free to make another thread in the Help section, or you can just send me a PM! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thread Locked >> Concern Addressed

Posted Jan 19, 2019
    Kisme likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.