• 943 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3522 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Voting for Map (CC, HH)

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Knazamn, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Hi!

So in Christmas Chaos II and Halloween Havoc, it lets you vote for a map, like every other game. But, there is only one map for each. It is pretty useless to have voting for just one map, because one way or another that map is gonna win.

Basically what I am saying, is that for games like Christmas Chaos II and Halloween Havoc, instead of giving 15 seconds for Voting for a Map, even though there is one map, and 15 seconds of extra waiting time to start the game, just give 30 seconds of waiting time to start the game. Voting for a map when there is only one map, that map is gonna win without any votes, and if anyone decides to take time and vote for it.

Have a good day/night!

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  2. Hey there,

I am pretty sure all games undergo a map voting system at the game lobby, it even happens like you stated in games such as Christmas Chaos and Halloween Havoc where we only have one map. I’m not opposed to the idea, I however think that other projects should be prioritised rather than this small QoL change as changing it from 15 seconds of voting followed by 15 seconds of waiting to 30 seconds waiting is unnecessary and has to be customised for each single game that only uses one map, which in this case, it’s mostly limited time event games like Christmas Chaos and they’re not that many if we count them up.

Overall, I like the idea and would like to see it implemented in the future but don’t think it should be prioritised in front of other projects as it’s a small QoL change.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  3. Hello,

I see what you're trying to explain here and yeah there's no point in having a map voting system in those two games. But, I believe it's implemented into all game lobbies while waiting to join into the game so I'm not sure if they could remove it.

I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be implemented, +1.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  4. Yo!

I really do not see the difference between waiting 30 seconds total and waiting 15 seconds to pick a map and 15 seconds for it to start. While, yes, there is only one map to be picked and it is guaranteed to be picked, there's no difference between the two, so I do not understand how it is a huge issue, since it really is not in my eyes. I really think that the reasoning for this is because all games have this in place for players to have the chance to play on a map that they really like, so when CC and HH are brought into place, it is just there.

If there was a way for us to change is so the only these games like A51, CC, HH, etc can be removed, I would be in favor of just having it start after 15 seconds since there really is not much to pick at all. However, if it were to take a lot of developer time to do so, I am not too keen on the idea since all of these games are limited-time anyway, so I do not see the reasoning behind why we would need to use the limited development time we do have to be able to get rid of something so small.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    zHalo likes this.
  5. I mean sure, but there's not much different in just increasing the wait time to 30 seconds vs having the voting thing. It's probably just that way because of the way the game system is coded, and maybe there isn't a way to disable it? This means it would have to be added to the game system and disabled for holiday games. The problem is that holiday games are limited-time only, so going through and adding this for two limited games. Maybe in future updates to those games, sure, but it's not necessary to update and add for the current versions of the games.

Posted Dec 8, 2019