• 2526 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10964 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned /votestart

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SkittlesTM, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Should this feature be added?

1. Yes, this should be added?

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. No, this shouldn't be added?

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. Yo!
    So, I've posted this idea in Mineplex FeatureUpote website but it isn't been shown to the public yet. But, what this idea is, is basically would help any games that aren't getting enough players to start faster with just a command. This command will simply benefit the players to help the performance of the game.

How would this work?
    So, basically, when a game a player plays doesn't have enough players to start due to inactivity, players could issue a command that would be called '/votestart' where it would start the game instantly if there are enough votes. This would vary depending on how much players. For example, Draw My Thing (DMT) would enable the '/votestart' command if there is like 4 people, Speed Builders could do the same as well. But servers like Super Smash Mobs (SSM) wouldn't need it since it needs 4 players to function. Certain games would need a certain amount of players to be able to use the '/votestart' command, and if there are enough players for the game to start, then '/votestart' wouldn't need to be a thing. Staff members could use the command and it could instantly start.

How would this benefit?
    Well, not every game on Mineplex starts fast due to the lack of players on certain games. I feel this feature could benefit users who want to be able to play their games but they can't since there aren't enough players. This can cause players to be annoyed and possibly leaving the server since they feel that games don't start normally. This feature would help benefit anyone who loves to play their favorite Mineplex game without having to really worry about the player requirements.

Do you think this should be added?

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  2. Heyo!

I really like the idea! I am a fan of Domination and you have to have 10 players but nobody really plays Domination anymore therefore you can not find a lobby with 10 people fast, I think it could be cool to do /votestart and start the game faster! One thing that does catch though is that the feature to just click on the NCP and wait then go into a game it wouldn't work aswell because then you will get into a full lobby. For instance I am trying to find a Domination game and I get into a server that has 8 players... well only two more people and the game starts. But that is the only thing I can think of it not making it's way into Mineplex! Great Idea! Great Post! Looking forward to seeing replies from other players!

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Jango_55 and SkittlesTM like this.
  3. Mhmm interesting. I do think that this would be pretty useful for less popular games, especially some of those in mixed arcade. However, it would be almost completely useless in most of the game modes on the server. Regardless, I guess I could see it being added in *some* sort of way. And I really do agree with the player ‘limit’ for the command to be enabled. With a small amount of players (I suppose around 2-3), they could always just create an MPS. If one of them is legend of course.

Overall, I actually like this idea! \o/
    Edit: I’m going to stay neutral on this, as people after me have pointed out that it can be manipulated! So +0

Posted Jul 11, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 12, 2019
  4. I think this would be a good feature for mineplex to add. All the games that aren’t getting as many player or any players will have some players playing it. At least the ones who like the game.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  5. Hey!

So, unlike everybody else, I don't think this would be a great addition. I personally like the idea, but, it could be easily manipulated. The reason you don't earn rewards for winning games in MPS is that it can be manipulated so that you always win, and thus always get the maximum rewards. This would make the feature obsolete as virtually the same thing can be done in normal games. Overall, I like it, but it can be manipulated which is bad. If everyone followed the rules, there would be no rules.

-Nick

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  6. What does this have to do with MPS?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2019
  7. Hey!

Honestly, I'm neutral on this idea. It's most likely because I don't really play any games that require a ton of people to start, and the games I do play that require people fill up within seconds. However, I can see why it can be frustrating to someone who does play games and there's rarely anyone in the lobby. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be added for people who enjoy these games!

Posted Jul 11, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 11, 2019
    SkittlesTM likes this.
  8. What he means by this is that you can have you and a friend and start the match and keep winning so you get a lot of xp and wins, I never really thought of this and makes sense.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    24OO likes this.
  9. Hey!

I really like this idea. I miss a lot of the more-so dead games such as Mixed Arcade (which is why I've been trying so hard to recruit people to the MIX community, which we use to revive Mixed arcade) and this idea would be really nice for people to play the dead arcade games even if the lobby doesn't fill.

Now regarding the idea of rewards. If I'm not mistaken, staff have the ability to start a public game without there being enough people in the lobby (I've seen some mods do it in the past). What ends up happening is the game starts, and a message saying something along the lines of "Not enough people so no rewards" appears on your screen.

Some people are probably thinking, why not just play it on an MPS? Well, I can think of a few reasons:
    1. You have to advertise your server for people to join. I essentially hate MPS and I almost always ignore the advertisements in servers - I don't care for co-leader or choosing the game if I win a certain amount of games. I feel like a lot of people might share this feeling and therefore would automatically throw this possibility out.

2. MPS are less competitive. Obviously, I can't say that it would be less competitive with a public game without any rewards, but I still feel like a public game (even without rewards) would still prompt me to try more. In an MPS, you are kind of there to play the game with friends or strangers that will eventually become your friends (maybe, if you're good at socializing) so winning or losing doesn't make any difference. But when you're in a public game, you still want to be on that podium at the end of the game.

Besides, this would encourage people to queue these dead games more, and if people see others queue, it might help the game fill and actually start!

As a whole, I really like the idea of this command and feel as though it as a lot of potential. I am aware that this would mess up the queue system since it teleports you after you there's enough people to fill the lobby, but it doesn't seem like a super difficult thing to change.

Let me know what you guys think!
    ~Bob

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  10. 0 from me

I think it’s a good idea but I don’t really feel like it’s completely needed in a lot of the games. For most of the games, they start almost instantly once the server lobbies get merged. In addition to this, I personally think it’s better to wait a minute to get the maximum amount of players instead of starting a game with less than half of the lobby full.

That being said, I do think this could be useful for certain gamemodes. Maybe it could only be added for these? Dominate and mixed arcade. Reasons listed above. Dominate especially since you need exactly 10 people to start the game which can get annoying. I don’t think it’s that necessary in other gamemodes.

Posted Jul 12, 2019
  11. It's not a terrible idea, I can see how it could be beneficial in some situations, but in most games it is not needed right now. Even in those that could use shorter waiting times, considering the players that randomly leave mid-game, with Draw My Thing or Speed Builders having 4 players, Dominate having 8 - the quality of the game itself might suffer. The optimal amount of players is always the maximum so when starting games with under 75% of that amount there could be issues. Not to mention that the game is pretty much turning into an MPS like environment at that point.

While I'm not in support of the idea, I would still have nothing against seeing it in action in beta testing if the devs think it's worth their time and resources.

Posted Jul 12, 2019
  12. Thanks everyone for the feedback, but from what I've seen, there are lots of ups and downs to this suggestion and I understand what you would be coming from.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 12, 2019
  13. I like the idea, but I feel it could become very annoying. Some players rather wait for a game to start so that the team can be balanced. I can see a lot of unbalanced games coming with this, and it might not improve the player experience when playing. I do see your point though, with starting games that don't start as much like dominate. I am neutral on this idea

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  14. Yeah, but if the game is taking forever to start, then it would be useful.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 13, 2019
  15. As someone who occasionally plays champions and who loves many of the removed arcade games, I really see where you are coming from and would love a solution to slow starting games.

That said, along with team balancing issues mentioned in above posts, parties could use this in unpopular games to farm exp and shards. Because of those issues, I would rather they fixed mixed arcade and update those lesser appreciated games to draw in more players rather than force it with less.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  16. Hey,

In my opinion it would be a good idea for some games and bad for others, just due to the player count that varies between them. I think an idea would to perhaps add it to some less popular gamemodes and exclude it for others. Although I can understand the points not to add it all together due to team balancing issues, but I think this would be a good way to generally fix the issues with it. The decision which games to add the feature to could probably be handled by people more experienced with the network's games.

Otherwise, I'm perfectly fine not adding it and above was just an idea that I think could work possibly.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  17. I would be concerned with the effects this might have on our competitive/hardcore games, such as Champions or Bridges. In those games, I'm sure some players might prefer waiting for a balanced team than starting the game early. Perhaps this could be implemented in Arcade games first, just to see how it works out?

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  18. I'm going to have to agree with the general consensus throughout this thread in being I don't think should be needed in most of our games. As Ssnip said, it wouldn't make sense to have this type of command in a game where fairly balanced games should outweigh starting the game a little bit earlier. Especially with games like Cake Wars, certain people may try to vote to start a game early before all of the teams are balanced. I personally don't feel that with the system we have in place for putting you into games, it wouldn't make sense for this to be necessary. One of the best ways, in my personal opinion, of having a game start earlier is just being patient and waiting for it to fill on it's own. The votestart command would probably clash greatly with our placement system and would affect how quickly other people get into games.

Posted Jul 14, 2019
  19. I'll have to agree on ssnip's response above. This commend does not make sense to have in any particular games. The system wouldn't work like that, and I don't see the valid reasons why we need this. I'd rather wait for the players to start the game instead. We need to have our chance to pick our kits first, and we need more time too. I'm always patient sometimes when I need more time to think.

Overall, I'll have to disagree with this idea. -1

Posted Jul 14, 2019
  20. Heyo,
    I don't believe your idea will work due to the multiple games where players would like to see balanced teams just as @ssnip stated. Also, I definitely agree with what @Phamtastic stated above, it'd be better to wait patiently and to give time for players who want to choose their kit, etc. However, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe players might be able to spam or abuse this command: Can you only vote once? Here's an example: Cake Wars has 10 players needs four more to begin, someone messages their friend to come to their game and do /votestart and they leave. I feel as if this is quite unnecessary at the moment, I'd rather have the time to choose my kit, etc.

In general, I don't believe /votestart will be helpful, it'd be unnecessary and players may be able to easily abuse it. -1 from me.

Posted Jul 14, 2019