• 1284 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9722 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Vote to kick people out of lobbies?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by GeniiExE, Jun 14, 2019.

?

Should Mineplex have a "vote to kick" command for lobbies to vote on?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Th
    I agree. This is a really bad idea that shoulda never get implemented. This would only make game balancing worse.

Posted Jun 16, 2019
  2. I mean I do see where you’re coming from with this, but it definitely is going to be abused. It’s the same thing for the inappropriate build in BLD. If someone is breaking rules in chat or hacking, the best option is to report them and get them punished rather than kicking them from the lobby

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  3. As some others have stated above, this feature could potentially get abused by players in most games. I understand where you're coming from with the hacker/rule breaker issue but this simply isn't the best solution to prevent hackers/cheaters from ruining games. What I mean by it can get "abused" is that multiple players in a lobby could easily vote to kick out a player for no reason and it could upset the player being kicked from the lobby. Doing this could frustrate a lot of players in the community and could cause a lot of loss in our player base in my opinion if this kept getting abused (if this were to be implemented). The best option is to report a rulebreaker at www.mineplex.com/reports with evidence of said hacking so that a member of Reports Patrol can correctly punish the player and remove them from the network. You can always use the StaffRequest community in-game if you'd like as well or /report.

Posted Jun 21, 2019
  4. I've seen this feature on other servers, and it can work well in some situations, but there can be a lot of abuse that goes with it too.

If a player is being disruptive, intentionally trolling, etc having a /vote to remove command could come in handy, but keep in mind, the player could just rejoin. If its a group of friends per say, and theres a player in the game that they dont like, all it takes is a few more people than the player you are voting out of the server to remove a player unfairly which could lead to a lot of upset, and abuse.

Overall, i do see where you are going with this discussion and I totally get it, but we have mineplex.com/report , staff members and the in game report feature (open to hero + currently) to report those who are breaking the rules of the server.

I don't think this would be added in the near future, unless there is a way to ensure that there is no way to abuse the system

Posted Jun 21, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  5. I know everyone is disagreeing here but I'm going to be adding to why people are disagreeing and how it could be abused.

What people are saying is that you can get a bunch of friends join any random game with this feature, then these people's friends will start a vote kick on a player who is regularly playing the game and not even doing anything wrong, but they will do it anyways because they will find it funny which is where the abuse of this comes from. People could use this as a tactic when they are angry at a team mate and if they have friends in the match they will all just accept and say yes. I've also played other games who have this certain feature and people sometimes just do it for no reason and surprisingly people will just click "yes" not even knowing what the player has done wrong because they will think it's "funny" but if it were to happen to you the player it's not fun or funny and it makes you angry.

Like everyone has said above, if anyone has broken the rules you can report the player at Mineplex.com/reports with evidence and if you need help with reporting a player you can go to mineplex.com/report-guide/ to help with the report.

Posted Jun 21, 2019
  6. Hey!

This is a interesting idea but probably won't work well for Mineplex. As mentioned many times, this could be exploited and abused very easily. This could be used to harm other users or just generally harass them by continually kicking the targeted user for no reason. If a player is breaking a rule, reporting the offender @ www.mineplex.com/rules will always be the best way to sort out the solution.

-1 Have a great day!

Posted Jun 21, 2019
  7. Yo!

As stated by the lovely users above, implementing a vote kick system would easily be abused by many players. Landay gave an example of how we used to have an inappropriate build vote kick system and it was abused by many players. Like Coyly stated, friends can easily join a party and vote people to get kicked even though they are innocent. Implementing this would cause more bad than good and be inefficient since we have measures in place that can take care of these situations. You can always make a report at www.mineplex.com/reports, use /report (if you are Hero+) in-game, report a player to a staff member using the /a command, or join the community StaffRequest to ask staff members for assistance. It is best that we report the player and punish them accordingly instead of only kicking them from the server (and possibly getting innocent players kicked).

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea feel free to PM me!

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 21, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.