• 956 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9394 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Vote to kick people out of lobbies?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by GeniiExE, Jun 14, 2019.

?

Should Mineplex have a "vote to kick" command for lobbies to vote on?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It would be a group vote that must be attempted to start by a few players and will then open the vote on the selected player for the whole lobby to vote on. If someone gets kicked out of multiple lobbies it might be easier to tell who's causing people to have bad experiences.

Pros:

- People can kick someone who's not playing fairly or abusing rules in some manner.
    - Helps the staff to spot hackers/ spammers/ filter evasions.

Cons:
    - There is the chance to stack a lobby and just kick someone out that you choose.
    - People might abstain too often.

Solutions to cons:
    - Create a warning/ ban for people who are kicking people too often.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    NuzzyHere likes this.
  2. I think this has already been suggested before to deal with hackers, and I don't believe it would work well on the server. This command could be abused so easily, you just need a party with 6-7 people or just get friends to come for a few minutes specifically to get rid of someone. I believe there was something similar in Master Builders before to report inappropriate builds, and it ended up getting removed because of abuse.

If a player is abusing rules in any manner, you shouldn't have to hold a vote to kick them in the first place! You should report him through the various means you have (staffrequest community, /report for hero+ or mineplex.com/reports). These methods are already somewhat effective to pick up on most offence, though it sometimes can be harder to deal with a hacker. At this times I don't believe a kicking system based on player votes would work on the server.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    NuzzyHere, 4G0 and GeniiExE like this.
  3. I honestly forgot they had that on Master Builders, so I must agree that people would abuse it, but I don't think people report enough, although I've had one instance where a mod responded to a report recently, it doesn't happen very often. Is it possible that it needs to be more accessible with something like a vote? It would work where the players that really would report can start the vote, since they are more passionate about the rule breaking; then those that do not report, the "spectators", have a more accessible option that pops up on their screen.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 14, 2019
    NuzzyHere likes this.
  4. Hey, although I like the idea I think it is far too easy to abuse. In addition to that good players might get kicked all the time because people don’t want to play against them.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    NuzzyHere and GeniiExE like this.
  5. This may come as a stretch, but what if it worked out to where the parties of the people beginning the vote are unable to vote? Same goes for the one being accused. That would avoid a lot of bias, unless it's a small game where there aren't many other parties of players.

OP OP
  6. Whilst this is a nice idea to kick hackers, it can also be abused. Just because someone is better than everyone else, they shouldn't be kicked because nobody else stands a chance. If a party of people in BR were to dislike a player, they could start a vote and have that player kicked out before they've even played - that's very unfair.

Adding to this, mineplex is a community, and we want to keep everyone together. If you've got issued with hackers, with Hero+ you can /report, you can record evidence and post it at mineplex.com/reports , or you can /a in game, and a staff member in the lobby can see.

Overall, -1 from me. Sorry!

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    AlyCats, GeniiExE and NuzzyHere like this.
  7. Hey there!
    I personally dislike this idea for numerous reasons. I do see that players who do disturb a game's fluctuation can be quite annoying whether they're a rule breaker or not. I see that yes client users can be quite disturbing and I can vouch for that. But kicking players out of lobbies wouldn't solve the problem but create newer ones for other lobbies so really until the rule breaker is punishment there isn't much to do but wait.

As mentioned above, this is easily abusable. I seriously dislike saying things are abusable since it can be argued but I do think that in this case there's a good chance this might. Say two parties decide to kick a player out of a match just because they're good. This would cause a lot of issues I feel and wouldn't be fair to any player. I think that this idea comes with a lot of complications although it may have good intentions. I think that this opens to a wide variety of bias intentions and I wouldn't like to see that. Again even if this idea was implemented and no bias behavior was noticed, I still think that the rule breaker (or not) would just be transported to other lobbies and would just end up being in the same situation again.

Another reason I'm concerned about this idea is because I'm afraid to what this might to do people. Say you were kicked, would you be angry or frustrated that you think you were kicked unfairly? Of course gameplay punishments deal with trolls who do intend to abuse this feature but still, people would start questioning if they would want to play in a very bais server and so on. It's best to avoid any sort of issues similar to these.

A question I had on my mind though, if this was implemented, was what would happen if a player was kicked from a lobby? Would they be able to rejoin or would there be some sort of countdown until they can rejoin? Or would they be "banned" from that particular lobby? I think it's quite confusing really. Or would it be like they get kicked and join another lobby and etc. I think it would upset a lot of players if this did get implemented or it would just get a little frustrating. But as of now I'm confused to what the aftermath of a kick would be.

I think that parties could still talk with other people and convince others. But even if the party intended to kick someone, they'd probably need the ability to do so since they'd have the reason to do it. And speaking of convincing, this really opens up the ability for players to hackusate going against the rules. I think that it would be annoying to suddenly get a lot of hackusations in chat when players are trying to kick. Unncessary rule breaking I think.

Otherwise, I'm actually happy that you came forward with this idea. Sorry if I sounded a little harsh in this post haha it's just I wanted to be as concise as possible. But really, great work on your idea and I hope that I do see more of your ideas around. Keep it up :)

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  8. To put it brief and simple:

This idea is absurd (in my opinion), because every player deserves a chance to play! And besides, there would be a massive troll-fest and/or players will take it for their own advantage! It's not fair, too! So not to be rude, I feel like this idea shouldn't be a thing, because of how it can be easily abused...

I mean, I understand where your coming from for helping staff, but we've got this! Thank you.
    I hope you can understand or relate.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    GeniiExE likes this.
  9. No need to apologize!! I really like the constructive criticism! All of these responses have provided me insight and I will now change my personal vote to: NO; there is no real way to avoid the abuse, but there is a great amount of hope as I have seen the staff and gwen ban multiple people now (plus the weekly stat update is nice).

Thank you for taking the time to write that!
    --- Post updated ---
    I understand! Thank you for the response! I've actually seen a few people get banned in between the time of posting this and making this response lol. Keep up the good work!

OP OP
    Tours and NuzzyHere like this.
  10. @GeniiExE I do believe that GWEN will be getting some more updates in the near future! So, with that being said, Anticheat will be a lot better! But I'm just going by what I've heard/seen. Not for sure, though, because I noticed that we're bringing on some new talented Anticheat Developers (@Overdog & possibly @ToonBasic, as I want them both to achieve the position (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧).

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    GeniiExE likes this.
  11. That's great news! I can't wait to see what's in store!

THANK YOU! I snatched it off of Skindex and made some edits!

OP OP
  12. Ikr, @ToonBasic is almost there as Mineplex Anticheat Developer, although @Overdog has already gotten a response. I'm getting updates from @ToonBasic, as he's getting recommendations from other networks! So I'm excited to know if he get's his position. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    Overdog likes this.
  13. The problem with not allowing parties to vote is, what if they were players who weren’t groups of players that abuse this feature. What if they were kind and regular players? That would probably be too much of a stretch in my opinion.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    NuzzyHere likes this.
  14. GWEN better get good in order for Mineplex to regain its glory days!

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    NuzzyHere and Overdog like this.
  15. Hello,
    I do no think it would be a good idea to be able to vote to kick players from lobbies. I see your point of view, but I think that, at the end of the day, Mineplex is a network for anyone of any skill to play games and they should not be kicked for any reason. As far as using this to remove rule breakers goes, this would just make it more tedious for staff members to gather evidence on these players, as they would be getting removed constantly, enabling them to do the same in another lobby. Overall, I think this idea would cause more problems than it solves. Thanks for the suggestion, but its a -1 from me.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    GeniiExE likes this.
  16. I don't think any votekick system works on any server or game without being abused to be honest with you.

I played on a different server 2 years ago and they had votekick for a game and lobby. It was removed later on because all people did was get a game for a party or lobby and vote kick people out so they could be alone.

There's also so many people in 1 lobby at a time. Let's say a spam botter came in, wouldn't a vote kick be hard to see in chat or even spam your chat more? Why would you want that?

Votekicking is never the way to go. -1

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  17. I'd disagree with the votekick system and it'll lead to abuse. Of course, it can upset the players who 'd want to play the game. You cannot force anyone to get out of the game. I don't see the valid reason why we should need to votekick someone. If they're breaking the rules, you can report the staff members, or gather the evidence and submit it at https://www.mineplex.com/report.

Overall, I'd think votekick will cause chaos for each of the players. -1

Posted Jun 15, 2019
  18. Yes, this will cause chaos, due to the fact people might abuse, and vote to remove someone just based on they simply dont like the person, etc.

Posted Jun 15, 2019
  19. I think this would be abused way too many times. I agree that this would be useful to kick a hacker out, but there are just way too many repercussions for implementing this. Let's say it's a Cake Wars game and Marhzy shows up, everyone would just vote to kick him because he's the best Cake Wars player. Too many times this would be used to kick out good players to boost their odds of winning a game, essentially to the point of the good player never getting to play a game simply because they're getting vote-kicked.

The staff team is pretty quick to get to hackers using blatant hacks (KA, Bhop, Fly, etc.) so just try to avoid a known hacker and if you're ranked, use /report <player name> <broken rule>, and if you don't have a rank, report them to the StaffRequest Community or report them through the forums.

Players would also kick out players they don't get along with, especially if they are in a party with a large number of friends. If you're in a huge party, you could pretty much choose who can play the game, which isn't fair for anyone. This could also lead to stat boosting problems as players could vote-kick others out to replace them with alt accounts so boost their stats.

Since this would be heavily abused and cause lots of chaos, I'll be giving this a -1

Posted Jun 16, 2019
  20. This might be the worst suggestion I have ever seen on Mineplex posts,if you are a youtuber/streamer you could just tell everyone in your stream to kick someone but did nothing so this is serious the worst idea every and a BIG -1 Thumbsdown

Posted Jun 16, 2019
    Zapix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.