• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10143 Players Online
  • 7253 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Volcano Eruption

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by rockie777, Jul 18, 2019.

?

Should there be a leap kit?

1. Yes.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. I disagree with having this game added in NANO.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Greetings Mineplexians! I've came up with an idea for a NANO games. I thought the NANO could use more games. So because of the theme of this game; I think It should be called "Volcano Eruption" though if you have a better name, feel free to comment.
    Anyways, the main purpose of the game would be for players to survive as long as they can. To do that, they would need to parkour their way out of the volcano while the lava rises. I don't really know how much it should rise so I'll just say 2 blocks. (Also comment how much it should rise. I guess it would be boring to see the lava rise slow so it should probably rise fast too or have a time limit in which the game should end; the closer it is to the end, the faster the lava rises.
    I also thought that the end point would be over the volcano or like inside a Helicopter just to make it more interesting.

Posted Jul 18, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 18, 2019
    Meemsouprice and NoHaxJustCats_ like this.
  2. I actually really like this idea! An issue I see with this is that it seems more fitted for a Mixed Arcade game. This game could potentially take some time if players are really good at parkour, and seems to give off more of a Dragon Escape feel more than anything. If you could think of a way to make this game shorter and more condensed, it could be a NANO game. I think that a way to do this is having small maps with easy parkour, but a fast lava rising rate. Good luck on getting your idea added!

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    NoHaxJustCats_ and rockie777 like this.
  3. Hmm. I like the small maps idea, I'll try to find some solutions. Also thank you. :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Maybe we can have checkpoints added and each time you pass a check point, the parkour get's harder.
    Maybe even have a 3 strikes you're out? (Basically if players die on their 3rd life, they can either spectate or join another game.)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 18, 2019
    NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  4. I really like this idea and I think it could be an excellent addition to Nano Games. I've played a couple of adventure maps before that were like this. Firstly, I think that players should only get one life to reduce the amount of time the game would take. Since it would be part of the Nano Games rotation, we don't want it to be more than a couple of minutes. Plus, it would make it more challenging than giving players several chances. I think the rate at which the lava flows should increase as the game progresses, which again would be to lessen the length of the game. I don't think the parkour necessarily needs to get harder as the player climbs up though. I figure the last person remaining would be the winner, but it may be frustrating to some that they went further up the map and lost because they fell on harder jumps.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    NoHaxJustCats_ and rockie777 like this.
  5. Heyo,
    I personally adore this idea and I would love to see this implemented into Nano Games. Just as @_H2O stated above, the game shouldn't last more than a couple of minutes because it's nano games are typically quick. I wouldn't necessarily add a leaper kit if the parkour is going to be mediocre, it'll also make it seem like Dragon Escape. Also, I don't think we should add checkpoints as well, due to the reason that lava will rise at a quick speed, and it should be quite a challenge. In general, I like your idea of having a helicopter build at the end and the helicopter essentially acts as a safe zone. The jumps that players will have to make shouldn't be that hard nor too easy but rather mediocre, just so a stereotypical player can win the game.

Overall, great idea and I would love to see this implemented. +1 from me.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    rockie777 likes this.
  6. I really like how someone throws an idea and people reply with more ideas on it.

This is classic type of minigame and have seen it on different games and on their servers (TF2, Rayman etc.). I would really like it to being featured in. But another problem would be fly hackers, but otherwise a very good idea. I give this +1!

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    rockie777 likes this.
  7. We already have hardcore parkour in NANO, so I don't really think we need anymore parkour games. I do like the concept though, I just think you should do something else with it. Maybe instead you could turn it into a king of the hill type game where players have to knock others into the lava and stay on the mountain the longest. The rising lava would cause the platform to get smaller so players would be forced closer together. Just an idea, because as of now I'm not a fan of your suggestion. I'd love to see where you take this though!

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    rockie777 likes this.