• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Visibility for Favorite Friends

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Sickle_, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Sickle_

Sickle_

Hello,
    I think Mineplex should add a feature where you can change your visibility status for you favorite friends separate from your regular visibility. For example, I can be semi-visible to my normal friends, but fully visible to my favorite friends. This would be useful when someone doesn't want someone random who they have on their friends list to join their game, but would be okay with their best friends who they have on their favorites list to join.This would be helpful for staff members or YT ranks who don't want to be trolled or targeted in games, but still want to play with their favorite friends.
    Thanks,
    -Sickle

Posted Oct 8, 2018
  2. Trunks

Trunks

Yes pls add

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  3. Dva

Dva

This is a really good suggestion! I currently have my visibility set to semi-visible so my friends don't follow me when I'm spectating hackers. People on my favorite friends list know not to do that, so it would be great if they could see where I am just in case they want to ask to join me in whatever I'm doing. I feel like favorite friends currently don't have many features or much use other than alerting you when your friends come on. I think your idea is a great way to make the feature more useful :)

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  4. Zipppy_

Zipppy_

Heya, I think that I've seen this mentioned somewhere before - and I think it's a great idea. Personally, if it was added I would definitely be using it most, if not all of the time. I know that a large amount of the community would love to see this feature added. The only issue could be people getting upset about not being on someones favorite friends list however, that's a personal issue which can easily be resolved. Thanks for bringing it up!​

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  5. Oscaros_

Oscaros_

I've thought of this idea before, a very good one I'm completely for this! It's helpful as staff or as a YT because you can let your close friends know where you are, but ignore the people who are just on your friends list and would follow/hassle you around if you weren't Semi-Visible, I think this should work with 'Invisible' too, maybe it could be to do with a setting in the /pref menu.​

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  6. iNeedFire

iNeedFire

Hugely up for this, honestly a big +1 from me. It'd be nice to see this implemented so you don't get bothered by everyone and only people you want to play with a lot (or similar reasons), personally I also think it's a good idea and I'd like to see it implemented. I'd be using it along with Zipppy_ haha! I'd agree with the issue of people not being on x person's friend list, however they should be able to work that out themselves.

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Sickle_ and Zipppy_ like this.
  7. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Hey there!

I agree with the idea what you have, and we need this! I believe that it will be a great suggestion to allow my favorite friends to see me what server I am in right now. While that I have semi-visible to everyone in my friends' list, I can able to customize my visible, semi-visible, and invisible to either fav friends or friends. Overall, I think it will be a great idea to implement.

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  8. Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Hi, I share others' thoughts on this topic since an addition like this one could resolve many issues with the new privacy options in the friends list. I don't exactly think that it's 100% necessary to have it implemented since the person in question can be PM'd asking which server they are in by their closer friends, but it would save a moment or two of players' time on Mineplex. Therefore, I am in support of this idea.

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  9. coralines

coralines

I’m kind of neutral with this. It’s a cool concept, but I personally see it as a major change for staff only - most of us regular players don’t really need to hide from others, so if anything it would be “staff on the hunt” who would get the best advantage out of it.

Nonetheless, it’s still a nice and interesting concept, and it’s gathering quite some positive feedback, so hopefully it will be taken into consideration.

Posted Oct 9, 2018
    Worpp likes this.
  10. BreezeBlockss

BreezeBlockss

Overall, I do really like this idea and I can believe that it would be of great use to players. It's nice to see more suggestions for the friends system. Also, it adds just that little bit more to the favourite friends setting which is always great to see. I don't see this being a huge priority, however it is a nice feature.

I feel as if this feature really depends on the individual. As said above, it would most likely benefit staff members more than anybody else. Personally, I don't think I would use this feature that much, but if it would be be useful to others then I'm all for it. In fact, I don't even have any favourite friends set, but of course it depends on the individual. If this was to be added, how would it work in the GUI or how would it be displayed? I imagine that in the chat friends list, it would simply be another line below.

Posted Oct 9, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  11. Worpp

Worpp

This is a pretty cool idea, but to me, I don’t think it’s super necessary. If someone would like to join, it’s quite simple to shoot a message and reply with the server code. However, it wouldn’t hurt too much to add to the mix.

Posted Oct 9, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  12. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Think I made an idea like this at one point, but 100% agree. Would help tons with the amount of friends I have.

Posted Oct 9, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  13. Shaiym

Shaiym

I like this idea a lot due to having many of my close/favorite friends setting their status to Semi-Visible. I think adding this feature would add more to the "Favorite Friends" feature and would definitely help out a lot of players who want to play with their friends on MP.

Posted Oct 9, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  14. CodeNeo

CodeNeo

This idea is very interesting, maybe if it gets more attention, it could be added in the near future
    Wish ya luck!

Posted Oct 9, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  15. SilvosTM

SilvosTM

This is definitely a great idea, in my opinion. At the moment, I personally keep my setting on semi-visible, having to switch it to visible now and again to allow the friend(s) I am playing with to join me. If this idea were to be implemented, it would make the system much easier and by reading the replies prior to mine, it is clear that it would also most likely be beneficial to others (players, staff members, and youtubers).

Of course, as the others are saying, the development of the idea doesn't seem like it would be a priority in comparison to other projects behind the scenes. However, it is the type of tweak that would really be worth waiting for.

Posted Oct 9, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  16. Nicodami

Nicodami

+1
    It makes sense that when you are semi-visible to your friends, you should be visible to your favourite friends. That would help massively when you only want to play with your close friends, without random others joining. From the beginning, I was expecting that to be a feature, but sadly it wasn't. So big +1 from me!

Posted Oct 11, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  17. MCCharity

MCCharity

+1,
    Although I manage my friends list so I don't mind people knowing where I am, it makes since for some players to have this be added. I see no issue with adding this, and it makes a lot of since for the new friends setup.

Posted Oct 11, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.