• 306 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1587 Players Online
  • 1281 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Villager - this is sad

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by TheCircusDog, May 15, 2019.

1. Hiya!

As you may know, villager's moves are somewhat underpowered. Both sonic hurr and trade scatter are meant to sabotage recoveries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Abilites

Sonic Hurr

Adjust the levels of damage and kb. Do no knock back but deal 8 dmg. This creates the ability to actually turn sonic hurr into an attack move rather than a spacer.

Trade Scatter

Keep the arts idea but instead make it so that you fire more emeralds. They way it is now on speedster and regular villager is that you leap forward and you spray some emeralds behind you - it spreads to much and deals to little dmg to make it viable. Make dmg 3

The Arts

Keep them the same but lower time you have on them to compensate for the kit buff

The Smash

Perfection

What a useless smash! You basically make yourself able to jump like a spider or wolf and there really is no real buff. Also if someone knocks you in the void while using it, you don't move forwards because it hits a wall. You just move backwards,

My Suggestion

Change the smash entirely.

New Smash:

Raining Emeralds!!

Suddenly the sky turns dark and emeralds start raining down from the sky. You get the spider jump and 8 attack damage.

The villagers moves are replaced by trade scatter which shoots all the classes items - emeralds, raw steak and iron ingots. It also makes them leap like normal with trade scatter.

Feel free to make any adjustments!

Thanks
    CircusDawg (Planning to change my name)

Posted May 15, 2019
  2. Sonic Hurr - This is already a pretty broken ability and you want to make it so it’s easier to combo with? Also, this change makes it so that Villager would have no form of knockback besides melee hits. This change would make the ability very good in some situations, and very bad in others.

Trade Scatter - Tightenting the spread and increasing damage to 3 is pretty big. Perhaps just tightening the spread.

And Smashes are unbalanced anyways so I won’t bother with the rest.

Posted May 15, 2019
  3. Ok, tighten the spread but the smash needs a buff. It’s kinda as bad as zombies.

How is sonic hurr broken?

Please explain fully
    --- Post updated ---
    Does villagers sonic hurr deal 7 dmg in normal but 9 in blacksmith? I don’t know the rest

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
  4. By broken, I mean unbalanced wise. Hurr is basically a free instant damage with a huge AoE and there’s almost nothing you can do to avoid it.

Hurr’s damage isn’t affected by its professions. Damage ranges from I think 4-10 and scales with distance.

Posted May 15, 2019
  5. Is it that the closer you are do you deal more damage?
    --- Post updated ---
    And why is it AoE

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2019
  6. Yes.

It’s AoE because it’s effect (damage) is applied in an area (a cone shape in front of you).

Posted May 16, 2019
  7. Ok. The smash is kinda useless though. I mean, zombies might actually be better.

Perfection shouldn’t make you fall into the void if you try to recover

OP OP
  8. It doesn’t; the user is the one that makes themselves fall into the void. Knowing that Trade Scatter becomes a kickback shotgun ability during Perfection, you should know how to use the kickback for mobility/as a recovery.

Posted May 16, 2019
  9. It’s shoots from behind and in front:

When I get hit into the void, if I try and use the perfection trade scatter, I just fall backwards

OP OP
  10. Yeah that’s because Trade Scatter is transformed into a kickback shotgun move. To compensate for it, use the ability in the opposite direction in which you want to go to, to use it as a recovery.

Posted May 16, 2019