• 519 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8957 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Village Pillage Re-Iteration, Village Siege

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by BakaMO, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Posted Oct 3, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 5, 2019
  2. Hey BakaMO,

I think this is a great idea, but It's too much like castle siege. It's raiding and slaying the king except for different types of kits and a CTF gameplay. Overall, I think it would be sort of fun, but not the best idea.

Posted Oct 3, 2019
  3. Heyo!

This game is a very unique idea, however I'll go ahead and express my feelings about this one. For starters, I'll go ahead and start with my issues.

The first issue that popped into my mind was that this game is a 1.14 and up game mode. The majority of Mineplex uses 1.8.9 from what I have seen, so I'm not sure how much this would play out. While games like Skyfall have proven themselves to be somewhat successful in the past, I don't see a 1.14 game being too popular. This would require a lot of users switching between versions if they wanted to play Mineplex in 1.8.9. Pushing this issue aside though, it still could resolve itself kind of like Skyfall did. I think this is very unlikely, so I'll make some proposals to your idea.

1. Making Pillager, Vexes, Illagers, etc. skins. Games such as MOBA have had custom skins made for them in the past, and these probably wouldn't be too hard to create. With vexes however, due to their small hitboxes, it might look a little bit weird. Nevertheless, it still could work out. As for Ravager, this wouldn't be possible with skins unless you either wanted a really weird looking texture pack, or a really small ravager.

2. A texture pack. This might be more work, but it may be nicer for an overall feel of the game. This is my least preferred option, but I'm just giving you examples as to what could happen. These could skin mobs instead to look like Pillagers and things like that, but it would basically be the same thing. An issue with this would be the texture packs since texture packs are very annoying to play with (on games), but it's just a suggestion.

3. Leaving it at 1.14. This option may work, but not many players are in this version, nor is it really a good version. Blocks like stairs, glass pains, etc. are very buggy within this version, so I'm not so sure about this. There would be nicer blocks, more variety of mobs, etc, but in the end it still would leave the issue for all the other players in lower versions. I'll leave it up to you though.

Another issue I see is the game mode itself, and the information you left it with. While the concept is very cool, I don't know how many people would like it since in 1.14, this is the main idea of the update. I'm not sure how Minecraft themselves would take to it making a game out of something that already exists, or just how the community would enjoy this game anyways. Also, there are a few bits of information you left out. Something I would like to know are if there would be achievements for this game? I have a few ideas for you about the achievements, so I'll list them off.

1. Ultimate Raider - Win 50 games of Village Pillage on the Pillager team
    2. Ultimate Defender - Win 50 games of Village Pillage on the Villager team
    3. Power Tower - Collect 3-5 (depending on how many spawn) powerups in a single game
    4. M.V.P (Most Valued Pillager) - Capture the Villager's Emerald in under (a quick time amount, not sure as to what that'd be).
    5. Happy Villager - Win a game without fighting a Pillager (or without getting your emerald stolen).

These are just some suggestions, nothing you have to use. Maybe also some base rewards for this game as well would be nice to see, just how good the game would prove to be. Other than that, I'll move onto my last issue.

This issue is something that Franjona has said, but it seems very similar to CTF. Capture The Flag is basically the same as this game mode, but just a 1.14 edit to it. Maybe changing up the aspects to this game would make it differ from CTF a bit more, but either way this idea is still pretty unique.

As for the kits, these already seem very cool. You have some nice base ones already, but I'll just express my opinions on them anyways.

For the Villagers, I don't think much else has to be changed here. You've described everything pretty well, and the kits seem very unique as they are right now. Maybe in the future, there could be an extension to these kits? (Basically just more professions). As of now though, it seems like you've got the foundations set pretty well!

For the Pillagers, I'm going to have to say the same thing as well. You seem to have some very good ideas already as well, but maybe there could be a traitor kit for the guy with the axe in 1.12? Forgot his name was, but that could also be a kit. I'm not sure how it would balance the game out, but it seems like a pretty cool kit to me. As for what you have set in stone, everything seems pretty good as of now!

Overall, while your idea seems pretty cool, I'm going to leave it at a +0. There are a few issues, but it definitely is a plausible game. Maybe with a few changes, this game could improve. Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  4. I'll program a base concept of the game that's functional so I can come up with fixes to the ideas <3

What if each team had specific objectives and if you get enough points you can summon an iron golem or ravager to destroy each others outpost / village?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2019
  5. Hi!

This game is kind of a up and down for me. How would Pillagers steal emeralds? How would you win?
    I think this game could be great, just make it a little more simpler.
    Have a good rest of your day/night!

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  6. Cool Idea,

But I think 1.14 plays a huge role. Most of Mineplex is made of 1.8 PVPers. Switching to 1.14 was hard for me to learn when I was learning it in realms. It might work but It's a risk.

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  7. Im coming up with a Re-Iteration of the Gamemode
    I've actually programmed a Beta Version for myself to Test that has Two Classes, Villager, and A Empty one called ENEMY1

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2019
  8. So, I took the feedback for Village Pillage (https://www.mineplex.com/threads/village-pillage.77019/#post-262426) to heart and Came up with a Re-Iteration of the Game mode based off of some Programming I made to come up with a fixed idea

It would be called Village Siege
    This would be a Team Based Game

There would be Two Teams, the Villagers, and the Raiders

Each team has their own Objectives:

There will be Randomly Chosen Supply Points in the Village
    The Villagers have to Protect those Supply Points to Gather, Craft, and Trade Resources to Create Iron Golems to Fend off the Monsters
    The Raiders have to Steal Items from Supply Points, and Villagers, then Destroy those Supply Points to Summon a Giant Zombie to stomp the Village

These are some Concept Classes that worked well from my own Tests, Each Team can Obtain more Classes Later On:

Farmer:
    The Farmer will be Able to "Grow Crops" and Launch them at the Enemy
    He also has a Charged Attack where he Cooks the Crops Before he Throws Them to Deal Extra Damage

Fletcher:
    The Fletcher has a Bow with a Variety of Attacks
    Right Click: Charged Attack - Normal Bow Shot
    Left Click: Fast Shot - This one has a Cooldown but can shoot one arrow instantly

Cleric:
    Cleric can create various Brewing Items and Buff and Debuff their Targets
    It has a Special Ability that has a Cooldown where it turns a few of the Fletchers Arrows into Magic Arrows

Weapon-smith:
    The Weaponsmith wields Various Weapons w/ Abilities

Now, these are Examples of the Raiders:

Zombie:
    The Zombie could have Rotten Flesh that he can Spew at the Enemy as a Charged Attack
    And Could have a Boost Attack where he Charges at the Enemy

Skeleton:
    Skeleton would have various Abilities
    Slow Shot (Cooldown Attack) Shoots a Slowness Arrow at your Target
    Triple Shot (Cooldown Charge Attack) Shoots three Arrows at Once
    Regular Shot (Charge Attack) Shoots one Arrow

Witch:
    The Witch could have Splash Potions of Damage it Makes to Throw at Enemies and Debuffs them

Zombie Pigman:
    Zombie Pigman would Wield a Golden Sword which would do more Damage, but it walks Slower
    It could also have a ranged attack where it shoots a golden nugget at the enemy

Masters Abilities:
    So, if a player on either team obtains enough Experience they Obtain a Level
    Villagers rank up in Tier and The Raiders Rank up in Aura
    Once they get enough of those "points" they can use a Special Attack called a Master Ability once.
    For Example, Farmers Master Ability would be Super Furnace, which would allow him to Cook Food Extremely fast to Throw at the Enemies, and Skeletons Master Ability would be for it Temporarily to turn into a Skeleton Jockey to Climb up Walls

Achievements:

Hero of the Village:
    Win 50 Games of Village Siege as the Villagers

King of the Hmm...:
    Craft 100 Items as a Villager

Master Thief:
    Steal 100 Items from Villagers

Lord of the Raiders:
    Win 50 Games of Village Siege as the Undead

Master Villager:
    Become a Master Class of a Villager 10 Times

Undead Aura:
    Become a Max Aura Undead 10 Times

All of this Information is Not Final! If you have any ideas on Improvements on this Game Mode or Feedback please tell me in the comments Section

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. Thread Moved to New Game Discussion

Overall, I like the idea of the game. However, it does sound similar to Castle Siege, which was a previous game that we had. With the Villagers and the Raiders, it sounds like the two teams that were in Castle Siege, and that the biggest difference is that there are multiple places to attack instead of just one (King Chose) in Castle Siege. and then destroying the village instead of the game automatically ending. However, looking past that, I really like the overall idea of the game. The kits seem to be unique and different from other games that have been on the server before. It seems to me that it would bring back some of the people that used to looove Castle Siege. If I am misunderstanding any part of this, please let me know, as I'd like to be able to give the best feedback that I can!

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  10. Overall, the mechanics of the game are very unique compared to every game I have played in Minecraft so I see potential in this! Your thread is incomplete, however, as there are many questions/concerns I have. I will list them below:

-What are the exact statistics of the giant zombie?
    -Is this timed? If so, how long?
    -From what do the raiders purchase items (ie. NPC, item in hotbar, etc)?
    -How long is the instant arrow from the fletcher?
    -Elaborate on the weapons and abilities the blacksmith has.
    -What is the regeneration rate of all projectiles and its maximum amount?

+1 for now

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  11. @_Prof_ To reply to what your questions are

#1 Exact Statistics would be done by the Balancing Team of MP most Likely
    #2 So far in my test version there is no time limit, but it could easily have one
    #3 Raiders can Steal items from Villagers, and will have a Bounty Hunter NPC which will give them quests on items to steal and they'll get something in return
    #4 The Weapon Smith has a Sword which can Bolt into the Enemy, an Axe which is slower but deals more damage, and he can throw an anvil at the enemy, it is a once per life attack and cannot re generate unless he crafts another

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 5, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 5, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  12. Thread Moved to New Game Discussion

The concept of this game seems very similar to the Area 51 Raid game and CTF. As @TooMuchXMas4You mentioned, this game seems like a 1.14 variant of those games. I think removing the 1.14 aspect would be better because they would either require a texture pack or restrict the game to 1.14 players, which wouldn't be ideal (especially the latter).

As for the kits, I'd like some clarification. How would one grow crops then throw it to someone? If Nitwits get blocks to build, I assume, then Pillagers should receive shears, pickaxes, etc. to remove those blocks. How would Vindicators be able to destroy things "fast"? If you can clear up or modify these kit ideas, then that would be nice.

Overall, this is a pretty solid idea but I think the concept and style of this game should be changed. There are games similar to this idea and making a game revolving around 1.14 wouldn't end very well. I think this suggestion requires tweaking in order to be a fun and realistic minigame.

Posted Oct 5, 2019
  13. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 5, 2019