• 548 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8986 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Viewing offline stats

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Thenorn, Oct 9, 2019 at 7:45 AM.

1. At the moment, players are able to look up the game statistics of a player in their lobby by typing /stats and their name. However, staff members also have the permission to look up an offline player's stats, which also includes the number of games that they've played along with their wins (just like what you'd see when looking up your own stats).

With the addition of leaderboards and other statistics to the new forums over a year ago, I was wondering if there is a particular reason why offline stats haven't been released to the community? The only downside that I can see is a possible intrusion of privacy, due to the fact that one would be able to see their in-game time, as well as possibly mock them for a bad win-loss ratio and cause negativity like that, although I don't see that as a likely scenario.

An answer from a staff member would be preferable, but seeing as it's an open discussion I'd like to hear any thoughts on this matter.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 7:45 AM
  2. I'm not an expert so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd assume that having everyone's stats available for anyone on any server might have some complications with speed or storage of all that data because they'd have to always have the stats of every person who's logged on available for people to see compared to the current system, where it's only available when they're online. Also, people would probably use it more too and so it could be overloaded with requests and would go slower? From my vague knowledge of computer science, I feel like the current system is a lot less resource-intensive.

With regards to the forum stats that you mentioned, I think it would be great if they were updated to include stats from every game. Currently, it seems to just be a random selection of games that are displayed. This way, everyone's stats would still be available but it would be easier and faster than on the server.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 8:56 AM
  3. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

Heyo,

At the moment, you are correct in that only staff members are able to view offline player stats in-game. There currently is no reason that normal players need to be able to view their stats at that very moment. However, if you are too curious to wait for them to come back online, you are always able to use the online Player Stats tab to look up that player's statistics before they log back online. Though this version does not show as much as /stats, it is what we currently are able to offer our players.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 10:46 AM