• 1798 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3882 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Viewing offline stats

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Thenorn, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At the moment, players are able to look up the game statistics of a player in their lobby by typing /stats and their name. However, staff members also have the permission to look up an offline player's stats, which also includes the number of games that they've played along with their wins (just like what you'd see when looking up your own stats).

With the addition of leaderboards and other statistics to the new forums over a year ago, I was wondering if there is a particular reason why offline stats haven't been released to the community? The only downside that I can see is a possible intrusion of privacy, due to the fact that one would be able to see their in-game time, as well as possibly mock them for a bad win-loss ratio and cause negativity like that, although I don't see that as a likely scenario.

An answer from a staff member would be preferable, but seeing as it's an open discussion I'd like to hear any thoughts on this matter.

Posted Oct 9, 2019
  2. I'm not an expert so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd assume that having everyone's stats available for anyone on any server might have some complications with speed or storage of all that data because they'd have to always have the stats of every person who's logged on available for people to see compared to the current system, where it's only available when they're online. Also, people would probably use it more too and so it could be overloaded with requests and would go slower? From my vague knowledge of computer science, I feel like the current system is a lot less resource-intensive.

With regards to the forum stats that you mentioned, I think it would be great if they were updated to include stats from every game. Currently, it seems to just be a random selection of games that are displayed. This way, everyone's stats would still be available but it would be easier and faster than on the server.

Posted Oct 9, 2019
  3. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

Heyo,

At the moment, you are correct in that only staff members are able to view offline player stats in-game. There currently is no reason that normal players need to be able to view their stats at that very moment. However, if you are too curious to wait for them to come back online, you are always able to use the online Player Stats tab to look up that player's statistics before they log back online. Though this version does not show as much as /stats, it is what we currently are able to offer our players.

Posted Oct 9, 2019
  4. Holaaaa

After looking into this thread I think that players shouldn’t need to see offline players stats in game. Currently only staff are able to see offline players stats. I see no reason for players to have access to a players losses and wins if they are offline.

Other than the in-game stats system you can view player stats using the player leaderboard found here —)(https://www.mineplex.com/players). Other than that if you really want to know a players stats and they are offline the best thing to do is wait for them to come back online. All in all, I’m going to have to disagree with this idea.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  5. Hey
    As players have stated above, I think that the statistics loading would require a HUGE amount of server data, in changing this, Mineplex would need to rearrange their entire statistics system which I just don't see occurring. As well as this, there are multiple other ways to view any player's stats that are much easier than opening up Google Chrome, going to the site, typing in their name, having to click, and wasting time if you're looking for something quick. Personally, I use a bot on Discord called Stats-Bot which fetches all stats from all players in the server, as long as they are in the top 1000 of that category. Then it only takes around 10 seconds for it to display an image of that player's stats. While I would like to see this implemented, I just don't see it being able to implement. Obviously I'm not an expert on how Mineplex's player stat system works either, so if there is any confirmation from someone about the system, that'd be helpful. Thanks.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  6. We won't be adding the ability for players in-game to see offline stats.

The reason that staff can only see it is because when a staff member goes to see an offline players stats it has to retrieve data from the database (this is why staff see the "retrieving data..." in chat when they look up offline player stats). If we did end up giving offline player stats lookup to in-game players, it would probably overload the database and maybe even crash it if it had too many requests.

We'll be locking this as it 100% won't be changing anytime soon. Feel free to message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    nolawn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.