• 921 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6600 Players Online
  • 5679 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Valentine's Lobby

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SpyNinja__, Feb 12, 2020.

1. I feel like the valentine lobby could use some sprucing up. All the builder did was to throw some flowers here and there.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    PhoenixSky and Washington_DC_20 like this.
  2. it's the same lobby as 2019

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  3. Hi there!

I personally don't think the lobby really needs anything else. The lobby is pretty and I don't think we need a huge update with hearts and arrows and cupids everywhere for just valentines day. We also don't want to put to much stress on the builders as they truly do work hard for the Mineplex team! We want to give them time to build maps for such bigger games or even the smaller games. -1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  4. I personally find the lobby lovely! The build team did an amazing job on the lobby. I don’t think it should be changed as Camull ✩ stated, it’s awesome the way it is; Mineplex didn’t have to initiate a lobby for Valentines Day, but they did, and we should appreciate their work.

Posted Feb 12, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 16, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  5. Hey,

I, for one, find this lobby amazing. I think it displays the general Valentine’s Day look without overdoing it. It has the perfect balance of Valentine’s Day related items and colors. I think the builders did a good job and I don’t see any change needed here. I think this is a good moment to appreciate the builders here at Mineplex and what hard work they do. The lobby didn’t really need any improving and I think the builders deserve a lot of credit for it; as their jobs aren’t easy :). Thanks, but I’m going to have to give this a -1.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  6. Hello!

Just like stated above, I really do not see a need in adding a bunch of more things and decorations. This is mainly because this lobby will only be a Valentines theme for a short while. The build team decided to not make a huge change in the lobby, and instead a little one for everyone to enjoy while it is here. The update was meant to be short and sweet and that is what it is. Sometimes it is good to enjoy the little things and that is what could be seen on this themed lobby. Anyways, I will be giving this idea a -1.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  7. Heyo!

I believe the lobby is completely fine for Valentines. The Valentines season does not last that long anyways time-wise, so I feel that having the build team put a ton of time and commitment into something that won't even stay very long on the server would be counter-productive. Instead, they have a simple, but lovely lobby that they have given us, and they get to work on game maps that would stay on the network longer than just a couple weeks, so it's a win-win!

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    SpyNinja__ and Sickle like this.
  8. Valentines is the type of holiday where going super over the top might be a bit much for some people. It’s different from christmas and halloween for sure.

The hub’s simplistic decor is both charming and festive. I believe there doesn't need to be anything else added to it.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  9. Last year'a Valentines day lobby was really cool, and I thought that it might be just like that but okay.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 12, 2020
  10. It’s the same exact one as last year lol

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    SpyNinja__, afterfive and MASTS like this.
  11. Hmmm...maybe I'm not remembering right, but I remember a lot of red hearts and red carpet everywhere, and that isn't in this lobby

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 13, 2020
  12. Hey!

I’m going to be honest, Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, I don’t really think it’s worth of it. It just seems a little late to recreate an entire lobby for a semi-holiday that’s less than a day away. I just don’t think its 1. Worth it or 2. The best use of time for builders.

~Nick

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  13. I wouldn't mind seeing a more decorated lobby but I don't think it's necessary. It's a holiday that isn't celebrated for a long time compared to other holidays. I also quite like the simple design; we still have our old lobby that many players like but we still get an affectionate feeling from the small decorations that are around the lobby. Overall, I don't mind seeing more work being put onto the next valentine's lobby but I don't think it's needed.

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  14. Hello,
    As various others have said above, Valentine's is a very short season, and it would not really be necessary to have a huge, elaborate lobby change for these couple of weeks. I think the current lobby we have for it is very well done and fitting for the event. That being said, if the builders did decide to create a new lobby that is more elaborate or just a rework of the current one for the 2021 Valentine's event, that is completely up to them and under their control. Since a Build Lead has replied to this thread, and has already taken into consideration any suggestions given above, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned. I will be leaving this unlocked in case you have any other details to bring up other than the general suggestion you originally gave. Have a nice day!

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    SpyNinja__ and xEspe0n like this.
  15. Heyo!

I definitely agree with @joshuart here, I don't think the lobby needs to be decorated more than it already is. It has some fun festivity to it like hearts here and there and it looks really cute. There's not really a need to go overboard with designing the lobby as the Valentines day season is very short and is very different from a Christmas event and lobby and Halloween as the event's last way longer.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  16. I feel like as Valentine's is a less celebrated and widely known holiday compared to Halloween or Christmas. This means it isn't quite as fitting to make a special lobby for it! I feel like we should be focusing on more things like the games and the cosmetics for the holiday as this will make people enjoy the game much more overall. Thanks for the idea though!​

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.