• 326 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6503 Players Online
  • 6177 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Use ur yt channel with 200k subscribers to remind ppl of this server

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ParchedTatertot, Sep 22, 2021.

1. It has been sitting there for years and just uploading once can pretty much guarantee a few hundred ppl checking in and some staying

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    JFEnder likes this.
  2. But the real question is, is there anyone that currently plays the server with over 200K subs that would be willing to promote/revive the server?

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    xGillzz likes this.
  3. doesnt mp have a social media team or something and im sure if they made an announcment in the discord or something, at the very least out of hundreds of ppl, one would answer yes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 22, 2021
    Joshhh likes this.
  4. Posted Sep 22, 2021
    Joshhh and xGillzz like this.
  5. Okay, that’s true. That would work! But there would need to be some sort of features to make players want to play.

Posted Sep 22, 2021
  6. Social Media Admin EmmaLie has stated that she does not want to touch that channel. She instead decided she wants to start a Tik Tok channel. Reason being for not touching that channel is said to be because the 200k subs on there were our old playerbase and most of those people won't care for it anymore. She has also said if they were to do YT still they'd likely just start a new channel. Tik Tok is the way they want to go because of how easy it is to grow there and get views. YT is harder to grow on.

Website side we do plan on getting rid of/replacing that YT box completely.

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    Joshhh and AbleToStrafe like this.
  7. I dont think this is really the point in time for mineplex to start intentionally downgrading, ut hey whatever works

Posted Sep 22, 2021
  8. Have you ever thought of doing Tik Tok, and also YouTube shorts? YouTube shorts have become a new thing that can cause major growth. With 198k subs I’m sure you will have returning viewers plus the ones from YT shorts. You could repost tik toks on youtube and make them yt shorts. So now you are reaching both platforms.

Posted Sep 22, 2021
  9. Personally, I would like to try and see what happens with the channel if used, old players or not. I would imagine players would maybe return if they saw Mineplex pop up in their recommended or subscribed channel videos. The point I'm trying to make here is- I'd at the very least try to use the channel for a bit and see what happens. If it has no impact on the server and isn't doing that great then yeah either YT isn't the way to go or you need a new channel for the new playerbase. I remember the owners also not letting them use the channel either, and I don't think that was ever resolved, so either way they don't really have a choice.

I feel like I remember her talking about the YT Shorts, but believe she said it would still be on a new channel (since I can't fully remember about that don't take those words as 100% truth).

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    AbleToStrafe, Joshhh and StyxKiller03 like this.
  10. Yeah I experienced with YT shorts and it definitely gets a lot of views and new subs. However they won’t show up for regular YT videos, and they only are there for the shorts. So it’s kind of a either or, so maybe it would be good to create a second channel for Mineplex shorts only. Start fresh, and see what happens.

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  11. that is a bad decision honestly. i mean i know so many businesses and organizations have been revived by tik tok but those are old extremely popular things that have been brought back. not many ppl on tik tok would have played mineplex since most of tik tok minecraft are about 13. im not even saying to start uploading weekly on yt, just upload even a 2 minute video would make some ppl come back and mineplex has about 100 ppl on average now. anything works atp

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2021
    Joshhh likes this.
  12. yea my main point is that there is quite literally nothing to lose by uploading to yt and its a gold mine that mineplex wont utelize. but if my some demonic event, no one returns after being reminded of their favourite childhood server with almost all of the same games, then mineplex still loses nothing. better to try and fail than not try at all especially if u have a high chance of success

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2021
    Joshhh likes this.
  13. I would agree I do want to see what were to happen if the YouTube channel was used just once. It could also be used for a head start to boost the tiktok account if ever created. I hope the social media managers do something with the YouTube channel. If that’s reposting peoples experiences on the server, updates, showcases, even just an updated trailer and what’s to come. There would be so many opportunities. But overall I agree 100% with what you guys are saying and all we can do is hope that they take it into consideration.

Posted Sep 23, 2021