• 366 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2450 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Upgrading cosmetics

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Korben2005, Oct 15, 2019.

?

Is this a good idea

1. +1

46.7%
  2. +.5

26.7%
  3. +0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. -.5

6.7%
  5. -1

20.0%
  1. I had this idea a while ago and proposed it in a thread but I got some feedback and decided to change it a little and expand on it some. I think you should be able to upgrade cosmetics such as morphs or costumes using gems They would also upgrade automatically with a tier system that would have specific achievements you need to complete before you unlock the next tier. For instance you would need to jump 100 times with the space suit then it would be upgraded to the next tier. You could also buy the next tier with gems.

As for the upgrade itself, after every tier the ability/effect that the cosmetic or morph or costume gives you is upgraded. Taking the "Space Suit" for instance, after every tier you could jump a block higher or stay in the air for longer.

This is a secondary suggestion and dosnt HAVE to be added if upgrading cosmetics is added in game.

Once you max out the tiers and cant go higher, you can buy an ability for what you are using. For instance the space suit could have slow falling, or a double jump added.

Please everyone let me know what you think and if this needs any modifications before it could be added as well as if it should be added.

*edit*
    You can choose the tier you want activated, so that if you for instance want the space suit only to jump 5 blocks, can select that it will only jump 5 blocks instead of going up 20. You can do this in the menu of upgrades.

There IS a maximum tier BUT it would change depending on the cosmetic.

Particle effects and arrow trails would be upgradable but it would be for upgrading the set they belong to. For instance, you could upgrade a particle to level 20 and every time yiu upgrade it the set it belongs to is also upgraded, but the set goes up to level 60, upgrade the entire set to max and you get a title that activates when you are using the full set.

With morphs when you upgrade them there skill would be upgraded. For instance the wither would recharge his skull throw faster. Or the block morph would hide faster. If the morph dosnt have a skill, any permanate effects would be upgraded, for jnstance the ocelot has speed, upgrading the morph would make the ocelot faster.

If you upgrade balloons then you would have slow fall, when they are fully upgraded you would also get levitation.

If you upgrade taunts you can use them faster.

Gadgets would have fatser cool down time

Kit particles (in not sure what there called but I think it's kit selector particles) wouldnt be upgradable. Particle effects that arnt in a set would not be upgradable. Sword names wouldn't be upgradable. Pets would not be upgradable. Podium effects wouldn't be upgradable.

Mounts could 1)jump higher or 2) run/fly faster depending on the mount.
    Anything not mentioned I just cant think of at the moment. And I will try to add later in another edit.

There would also be a quick upgrade feature, once you click on the item you want to upgrade you right click to quick upgrade and that will upgrade it as much ad possible, or you left click to upgrade once.

Also in response to people suggestion to use gems instead of shards I am all for that!

Sorry that this edit was insainly long but I had some good ideas (at least I think I did) and wanted to also specify the details of this idea.
    *edit*

Thanks for reading through
    -Korben

Posted Oct 15, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 22, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  2. This is an interesting idea. I like the idea of using shards to do upgrades on different cosmetics. Perhaps maybe making different armors enchanted to show the difference (ie the spacesuit, if it's enchanted it's upgraded)? Maybe have it increase the jump boost slightly when it's upgraded.
    As for when abilities are maxed out, not sure about having a slow fall ability added. And since you can already double jump in the hub, no point in really adding something like that. Perhaps an exclusive thing, such as a rocket or something added that you can zoom around the hub with? Or just some kind of title/particle added to the costume that shows it's upgraded in some way, ie fire particles to mimic a rocket or something. That would be kind of cool.
    Overall, an interesting idea. Thank you for sharing!

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  3. I really like the idea of adding a particle effect to the suit. Ima "steal" that and put it in the edit.
    Thanks for your input!
    -Korben

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 16, 2019
    GAM and Bunni like this.
  4. Interesting. I really like the idea of achievements for the suits primarily and would like to see this implemented. Although this is the case, I would like to know if it only applies to morphs and costumes? If not i'm not sure how this would apply to particle effects or arrow trails. Sure they could make the particles stronger but that wouldn't really be a good thing in all cases. Perhaps they could change the particle effect so that it could add points for titles or something? I don't know, i'm just spitballing. I don't see this being added for all cosmetics, but maybe common ones can be upgraded whereas rare and legendary cosmetics stay the same? I like the concept of this idea and would definetly like to see it be added, but if you could be a little more specific with each cosmetic (what they would do), i'd be able to give a more accurate response. I'll give you a +0.5 for now as i'd like to see more added to this thread.

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  5. Hey there!

I think this idea is pretty swell. People who have a bunch of shards laying around that they can't use would be greatly benefited as there would be another usage of the shards and upgrading is always pretty nice to have. I think costumes and morphs could use upgrades to also get rid of that dull feeling that players get after using it for so long - this will allow those players to upgrade and not get "bored out".

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    GAM and Korben2005 like this.
  6. Hello there!
    As @Bunni said, it is definitely interesting. Costumes and morphs could work out well, but if other cosmetic genres like for example particles had this implemented, in my opinion it could easily get messy. What I mean by 'messy' is that with new additions added to all of the cosmetic items, it could start looking confusing/unorganized, and the cosmetic area would become cluttered with all the different upgrades etc. All of what I just said would only be if it wasn't executed as well as it could have been, of course. I do think your idea is cool though; I like the idea of unlocking tiers for the cosmetics. I don't think the abilities are necessary, maybe the max tier should just be the end? One suggestion I have is that instead of shards maybe change it to being upgradable through gems. The reason I say this is because people often complain that they have nothing to use their gems for/not enough to use them for because they've already bought all the kits, so this would be a fun way for them to use their gems as well! Overall a very thought-provoking idea, so thanks for that!
    Have a good day :)

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    Korben2005 and Bunni like this.

7. I'm going to answer both of you at the same time because you both kinda have the same concern with the particles
    The particles could be used to upgrade the set they belong to, individually the particals could be upgraded for a new title and the arrow trail could be upgraded to get a non passive set ability. To give a for instance with the music set the title could be musician and the ability from it could be a song you can play kind of like the jukebox but with note blocks? This could br augmented based on what set the cosmetic is from so that it makes sence. As for tilg // tilgorn's suggestion about using gems instead of shards I am fairly certain that it goes against the EULA as cosmetics come from chests that can be bought with shards. Because shards are mineplex's hard currency (shards can be bought with real money) and you are not allowed to use soft currency on anything you can purchase with hard currency. It might be allowed because it is upgraded and cannot be directly bought with money but I believe it is not allowed. As for the menu being messy that woukd not be hard to fix and if I'm honest shouldn't ever be an issue. Also I would give more detail but I dont know what each thing would be and I would also like to see what other people come up with, also I'm not totally sure what each thing would be but I hope that this answers both of your concerns!

-Korben

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 16, 2019
  8. I would like to see this feature implemented. I think adding a way to upgrade cosmetics would be an effective method to encourage players to spend more shards. It would also be interesting to see the different tiers for cosmetics that have a variable to be changed, such as increased height on the spacesuit cosmetic. However, as mentioned above, some may feel that the cosmetic menu could get quite messy. To solve this issue, I think adding "Right-click to Upgrade" under the descriptions on the bottom of upgradable cosmetics would be a good idea. Once clicked, it would bring up a purchase menu for upgrades. Overall, I think this is a solid idea and I'd love to see this suggestion added.

Posted Oct 17, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  9. Overall, I find this idea interesting. However, I know we have scratching our heads on how we can use our gems for a new an interesting purpose and I think this could be a contender. Shards are already used for chests and buying some cosmetics but maybe using gems to upgrade cosmetics could be a way for users with millions of gems to finally use them for something practical.

Posted Oct 17, 2019
    Korben2005 and TILGORN // Tilg like this.
  10. As I stated above I am fairly certain that goes against minecrafts EULA, or at the very least it rides the line; although if its not I am all for this idea. This was actually one of the modifications I made from when I mentioned it in a previous thread about this idea.
    I appretiate your feedback though!
    -Korben

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 17, 2019
  11. I honestly think this would be super cool to implement on the server. I'm not sure if it goes against the EULA either, but using gems to upgrade as Tilgorn has suggested sounds great if it is allowed. I'd be fine with using shards too, but giving uses to gems for something that is appealing like this would be nice. I think there would have to be a limit to how many upgrades you could give your cosmetics. I'm not sure if being able to leap to Y level 200 in one jump with the space suit would be best option. Also, maybe there could be a selection to be able to switch between upgrades. That way if you wanted to leap really high, you could show that off, but if you wanted to leap lower, you could select which tier level you want.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  12. hihiii!

I really like this idea! Personally, I find myself having so many gadgets/morphs/mounts/etc that I just do not use. There is nothing that is there that pushes me to want to continue to use them after I have them unlocked. While they are cool for the first few minutes of having the, there really isn't much pushing players to continue to use them. Because of that, I think that this would be really fun! You would see a lot more people in lobbies using their cosmetics and give them a purpose to do so. Once they max out one cosmetic, they could move onto the next one! Overall, its a +1 from me!

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  13. I think it definantly would be a good idea to add a limit to it. It seems like some would very based on what you are upgrading. I think both of your ideas are awsome!
    Thanks for your feedback and with the help on improving the kit!

-Korben

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2019
  14. I really like this idea! It provides a way for people with practically all of the cosmetics to find use of them again, and create a side goal for a lot of players. Personally I think that it would provide an interesting take on the current cosmetic system and get a lot of old players like myself with tons of cosmetics interesting in the whole system again.

Kudos for effort and +1 for having a good idea!

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  15. Thank you so much! I try my best and its great to see that every once and a while I can have a good idea XD

Hope you have a great day

-Korben
    --- Post updated ---
    I added to the idea and edited it some if you would like to look it over!

Have a nice day
    -Korben

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 19, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  16. Hey ya'll!
    This is an idea im just throwing out there, most particles are hard to find, it would be great if we could buy them right?!? I have a sort of system here, more like an idea, but here are pricings depending on rarity
    rare - 5000 treasure shards
    epic - 10000 treasure shards
    legendary - 25000 treasure shards
    Like this reply if we should do this
    @mineplex

Posted Nov 4, 2019
  17. This would be a separate idea from mine so you could post it and create a poll in the general idea discussion if you want people to vote. As for the idea itself that would take away the purpose of chests and would also reduce the amount of money mineplex makes as people would be less likely to buy chests on mineplex's store. -1

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 4, 2019