• 1620 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10058 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Updating to 1.14.3

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Starx280, Jun 27, 2019.

Tags:
?

In favour of 1.14.3?

1. Yay

58.3%
  2. Nay

8.3%
  3. Go eat some hay

33.3%
  1. Recently, Minecraft updated to 1.14.3. You may have noticed this by the change in the Minecraft startup menu.

A lot of things were added in this update, but this thread is going to be focusing on COMBAT

Attack speed was changed to be based on the weapon, and since that weapon attack speed could be altered, it could potentially allow hits like 1.8 or even 1.7.

Basically, this update could mean 1.8/1.7 to most players with all the additional luxuries of the newer updates.

I feel that this could be great for mineplex and will open up a lot of opportunities without agitating the player base

What are your thoughts?

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    kim_crazy likes this.
  2. Hey there! Firstly, the combat update hasn't actually come out yet and won't until 1.15. What they did release was a snapshot, so that they could get player feedback on reverting to an old type of combat while keeping new mechanics. I think that once this update comes out, it would be a while before the server decides to fully update. Players need to make the choice of changing their version from the one that they've using for years versus a new update with a lot of different blocks and mechanics. It'll be a while before the update happens and people do move over, but I'm glad to say that I'm happy we're finally going to be able to update. There have been so many cool new features that we've had to miss out on because of the PvP update, and games like Skyfall have most likely been removed due to the lack of players because of the version required only adds to this. I'm not saying this will be an easy change though, especially for Devs. 1.14 reworked the command system and it would probably be a hassle to recode everything so far.

TL;DR: Once the update comes out, in my opinion the server should be updated but only after a certain amount of time so players, the staff team and devs can readjust to the new update.

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    kim_crazy, Starx280 and SpitefulNick like this.
  3. Hey!

First, I just wanted to let you know, that at any point, Mineplex or any other network could change the PVP system. I have seen popular plugins, and my own, change the way combat works with custom PVP cores, which overrides the default combat system.

Also, instantly updating will require heavy modifications of the server code. This will take a while, but I still see no point in this since we can modify it ourselves using plugins. I would love to see the new blocks though. +1 from me!

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    kim_crazy and Starx280 like this.
  4. Heyo!
    As @DeMotD previously stated, the combat update won't be out until 1.15, which could be a little while or a short period of time. However, once this update is released, it still won't mean Mineplex will update. Mineplex hasn't updated to 1.14, as new blocks and mechanics haven't been implemented into the game yet. Furthermore, this new update could alter how most of the PVP based games are played, possibly requiring our lovely developers to modify the game mechanics of countless games. This, for one, would take a long time to do as it wouldn't just effect the PVP aspect, it might also affect how weapons, blocks and weapon functions are used in the game.

Adding on top of this, players might not want to update their Java Versions in order to play new PVP mechanics that are different from the ones they have been using for years. Personally, I want to stick with my regular combat mechanics, as other players are too, simply because it's what we know how to use. I don't want to have to relearn a new combat mechanic that messes with how I have always played, because I am just so comfortable and used to playing with my usual mechanics. Players will also now have to potentially relearn how to PVP well, sort of restarting the majority of players skills. I don't know, maybe the new update will be really good and simple to transfer our previous skills onto the new combat update.

Once the server is updated, which I do agree should happen personally, they should update it and release it back to the public once the developers and game mechanics have been modified to compliment the huge new update that will inevitably be released.

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    kim_crazy and DeMotD like this.
  5. Agreed. We missed so many updates and Java MC multiplayer is getting boring by playing only 1.8

Posted Jun 30, 2019
    kim_crazy likes this.
  6. 1.14 really brought the potentials that the community needed. With this update the PvP mechanics will allow players to get into combat with more features.

Posted Jun 30, 2019
    Adenis and kim_crazy like this.